Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When other people act "little"

Default When other people act "little"

In spite of the fact that I sometimes act like a child, and allow my little side to take over, I am mostly always in adult mode. In fact I find myself to be, typically, to be the most serious and least playful of all my friends and associates (That's probably a reason I have a little side). But some of my friends, one in particular, seem perpetually child like, and I find it quite annoying because it is 24/7.

There are parts of it that I enjoy seeing, and parts that quickly sap my energy. On the plus side this person is innocent and wholesome, and also very kind and sweet. Sadly, they are also over emotional, naive, and worst of all have a false sense of self awareness coupled with an inability to listen. Overall, they are childlike in all the worst ways.

When I was little, I was as this person seems now, that is to say five, even though she is 19.

When encountering a person that is naturally childlike do you find it endearing, or does it piss you off? Also, is this one of many reasons why people may be a little disturbed by us?
    Last edited by PacifiedByKnowledge; 05-Dec-2012 at 04:28. Reason: edited for clarity

well i am a lot like you. i do let my little out sometimes as well but i do am one of the most serious and least playful for my friends as well. i think what is happening is that we put up so many guards so people don't even get a hint that we are littles that we act the opposite of how we really feel. then everyone else that is not little already has their big side and little side balanced because they are not trying to hide it.

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by PacifiedByKnowledge View Post
    When encountering a person that is naturally childlike do you find it endearing, or does it piss you off?
    sometimes endearing if the person is female and looks young for her age... otherwise, es generally annoying & try to stay far away from such people...

Also, is this why people may be a little disturbed by us?
    don't think so... people are disturbed for 2 main reasons:

(1) goes against the natural progression of life (i.e., you are not supposed to go back to a previous lifestage; adolescence or adulthood --> babyhood is threatening the natural progression of life)... similar to how when a person is much older, he starts to lose bladder ctrl... finds it more difficult to move around... these are somewhat babyish qualities, but because it is perceived to be outside of the person's control (whereas infantilism is perceived to be a choice), such people are looked on with sorrow (or humor, depending on how one deals with sorrow)...

(2) sexuality + baby paraphernalia = infantilism (maybe not for all people, but for the majority, es sexual)... sexuality + baby = pedophilia (nepiophilia, if you want to be technical)... you can see how these two concepts come dangerously close to one another... less mentally rigorous people may not see a difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Countdown View Post

(1) goes against the natural progression of life (i.e., you are not supposed to go back to a previous lifestage; adolescence or adulthood --> babyhood is threatening the natural progression of life)... similar to how when a person is much older, he starts to lose bladder ctrl... finds it more difficult to move around... these are somewhat babyish qualities, but because it is perceived to be outside of the person's control (whereas infantilism is perceived to be a choice), such people are looked on with sorrow (or humor, depending on how one deals with sorrow)...

(2) sexuality + baby paraphernalia = infantilism (maybe not for all people, but for the majority, es sexual)... sexuality + baby = pedophilia (nepiophilia, if you want to be technical)... you can see how these two concepts come dangerously close to one another... less mentally rigorous people may not see a difference...
    (3) AB has strong ties with DL. Diapers fetishism frequently involves messing and wetting, which are generally view by the public as "sick" fetish activities.

H0TWH33LS

In what ways does she act little that bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by H0TWH33LS View Post
    In what ways does she act little that bother you?
    Everything from the manner of her speech, to its content. She is also rather hyper, prone to doing things like poking and making loud noises when people ignore her. She also is consistently making statements about herself that defy reality, and though she is a rather facile individual she is astounded when someone is able to make an accurate judgement about her. All in all, I marvel at her, and I pity her.Because of her dismal lack of self awareness, she is continually sad and too daft to figure out why. I honestly like her, but she annoys me to no end.

She is little in her mannerisms, that does not bother me, but she is immature, and that does.

H0TWH33LS

I'll admit I am a bit naive myself would you mind explaining how she lacks self awareness? I know we can all be immature at times, have you tried talking to her about this?

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    (3) AB has strong ties with DL. Diapers fetishism frequently involves messing and wetting, which are generally view by the public as "sick" fetish activities.
    true, i missed that (!) but then one needs to examine why many people view defecation/urination as sick...

"For Becker, not only death, but man's anality, the human body and life itself are for the most part represented negatively as frightening, disgusting or absurd phenomena and seldom is there recognition that sometimes people delight in their bodies, secretly enjoy their anal functions and, if not exactly 'half in love with easeful death' (Keats, Ode to a Nightingale), at least having managed to achieve what Erikson (1968) describes as 'integrity versus despair and disgust' and having fully lived, are able to face the prospect of personal extinction with acceptance."
    from The Melancholic Existentialism of Ernest Becker

essentially: the anus & its product represents the fate of all that is physical: decay & death
    (i suspect urine plays this same role although to a lesser extent...)

Quote Originally Posted by H0TWH33LS View Post
    I'll admit I am a bit naive myself would you mind explaining how she lacks self awareness? I know we can all be immature at times, have you tried talking to her about this?
    I don't really think I could talk to her about it, she seems not to hear. I have given some not so subtle hints though.

As for her self awareness, she thinks she has it, but is quite oblivious to her surroundings, and her actions. It is a paradoxical trap she can't get out of because she is convinced she knows herself perfectly.

I have been, and am being intentionally vague, I know. I do this to preserve anonymity for my self and those whom I talk about. Simply trust that if you could see her, you would know. All the examples I can think of are a little personal, and I wouldn't like to overtly talk about someone in detail without their consent, neither irl nor online

OK, so a few of hard critic: I accept, if someone act as a kid as a fun, RP or something like this. But who is acting as a kid usually, so it's inacceptable for me, is inmature, and problematic/impossible to deal with this class of people. One time one person of this class caused ruin in my bussines. I really hate start from zero. And it doesn't have anything with diapers... I'm adult and I've problems of adult, just if I like to be AB/DL, so I do it, but without causing problems to others. Is really hard to see someone of my age (or older) who can't get responsabilities about himself and shared bussines. So... who is baby forever, so stand out from me a distance...