Thread: Diaper Dilemma

Exclamation Diaper Dilemma

I have a diaper dilemma that maybe someone can help me out with. I carpool to college (live at home). Ordering diapers are out of the question. The second problem is transporting the diapers home with my backpack or bag not expanding large enough that someone would recognize. My third problem is I can only get diapers at local walgreens, cvs, walmart or target. I can fit into 31 inch jeans. What kind of diapers should I buy? How should I get around getting them home without them being too noticeable? Thanks.

You should tell whoever that you're living with that you're going to a study group or something along those lines, and then walk to the store. Which store you go to depends on a lot of things (distance, etc.), but I've heard that apparently walmart/target would probably be a better bet then cvs/walgreens for low prices & better selection.

Unless your backpack is unusually small, a pack of diapers doesn't make it look abnormal....at least not in my experience.

Default Re: Diaper Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Infantmess92 View Post
    I have a diaper dilemma that maybe someone can help me out with. I carpool to college (live at home). Ordering diapers are out of the question. The second problem is transporting the diapers home with my backpack or bag not expanding large enough that someone would recognize. My third problem is I can only get diapers at local walgreens, cvs, walmart or target. I can fit into 31 inch jeans. What kind of diapers should I buy? How should I get around getting them home without them being too noticeable? Thanks.
    You should check for a UPS Store, FedEx store or any other packaging store in your area that accepts packages on your behalf. Any ordinary backpack will expand when anything gets put into it. Its no one's business and probably don't care what's in your backpack or the shape of it. You don't have to shop locally as Depend Max protection is becoming difficult to find. You will have settle for some store brand. You can order off the internet if you rather. You will realize that your paranoia is really betraying you in the end and leaves you worrying for no reason. The more paranoid you act the more chances you have to get caught. No one in the real world is looking to see if you wear diapers (except us of course ). Just know what you're going to do and plan ahead for best results.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Does your college have open access to work out facilities? If so, go to them. Bring a duffel bag, and while you are out, take a quick detour to one of the stores you said you can go to. The duffel bag should be large enough to reasonably hide a package of diapers. If you are looking for adult diapers, depends or the store brand are really all that is available. Neither are all that great, but the depends max protection are plastic backed, and you can fit a stuffer inside if you choose to. Goodnites *should* fit. I can squeeze into them(34 in waist), but wetting them is more than likely out of the question.

Frankly I think the generic brand that Walgreens, Walmart and CVS use are slightly better than depends. Yeah, depends are plastic backed, but the generic ones are a little thicker and have these great refasten-able tapes (depends tapes are the worst).

Although this is wasteful and I can't fully recommend it, you could purchase a bag at Walgreens and then take as many out as will fit in your backpack. Trash what is left.
    Better to have a few diapers than none eh?

In any case, taking them out of the bag will be a good bet... Diapers in shrunken plastic bags are a pretty rigid block. Forcing that into a backpack will leave lots of wasted space. If you take them out and push them into every nook and cranny, you'll have more room to fit more. (oh and go with a nearly empty backpack in the first place if possible).

Along with what everyone else has said, hesitation is out of the question. Don't do it unless you mean to do it. Otherwise, it'll be a disaster.