Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: New rat!

  1. #1

    Cool New rat!

    Hey all. I am Tanny, incontinent nappyfur in Tennessee.

    So... Lessee... Me... I am a rat furry. RAT. NOT MOUSE. Please do not call me a mouse, it really is quite insulting. XP I have been incontinent for almost 4 years now, and about a year ago I decided that I was going to stop hating my life because of it and started accepting that nappies were pretty cool. Now I have an AB mommy and 2 AB babies of my own, and I could not be happier because of it.

    I identify as female, even though my bits are dangly (for now, anyway) so if you get confused about how I identify myself, I apologize. I tend to switch between a male and female perspective, it isn't something I want to or care to get under control. :P

    I am a geek... Big time. Physics, quantum mechanics, computers, pokemon, cars... Yeah, I am geeky in many things. Mostly computers, though. I run my own business building custom machines for whoever will buy them (by the way, if you do need a computer, don't be afraid to hit me up for info, I am always willing to help you find something even if it means not selling one of my own machines!) I am really not in my line of work for the money, obviously, because I am really, REALLY poor. XD I just want people to have good machines and I like to help people out. I have been a certified repair technician since I was 15, but I am ashamed to say that I still cannot program. (I am 22 now, don't know if that shows on this forum or not. >.>) I will be learning, though, as soon as I can get a semi-decent computer together. :D If you are a programmer, definitely please hit me up, because I can use all the information sources I can get to start learning. ^.^a

    Other than that... My mommy is a soldier, she is in Afghanistan right now and will be until February, my babies both live out of state at the moment, but will be moving close to me soon, and I am just trying to eek out a living from my computer business. :)

    I love to answer questions, so if you have any for me, shoot!

    *sits down and bounces happily, waiting for friends to happen*

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tanara View Post
    Hey all. I am Tanny, incontinent nappyfur in Tennessee.

    So... Lessee... Me... I am a rat furry. RAT. NOT MOUSE. Please do not call me a mouse, it really is quite insulting. XP I have been incontinent for almost 4 years now, and about a year ago I decided that I was going to stop hating my life because of it and started accepting that nappies were pretty cool. Now I have an AB mommy and 2 AB babies of my own, and I could not be happier because of it.

    I identify as female, even though my bits are dangly (for now, anyway) so if you get confused about how I identify myself, I apologize. I tend to switch between a male and female perspective, it isn't something I want to or care to get under control. :P

    I am a geek... Big time. Physics, quantum mechanics, computers, pokemon, cars... Yeah, I am geeky in many things. Mostly computers, though. I run my own business building custom machines for whoever will buy them (by the way, if you do need a computer, don't be afraid to hit me up for info, I am always willing to help you find something even if it means not selling one of my own machines!) I am really not in my line of work for the money, obviously, because I am really, REALLY poor. XD I just want people to have good machines and I like to help people out. I have been a certified repair technician since I was 15, but I am ashamed to say that I still cannot program. (I am 22 now, don't know if that shows on this forum or not. >.>) I will be learning, though, as soon as I can get a semi-decent computer together. If you are a programmer, definitely please hit me up, because I can use all the information sources I can get to start learning. ^.^a

    Other than that... My mommy is a soldier, she is in Afghanistan right now and will be until February, my babies both live out of state at the moment, but will be moving close to me soon, and I am just trying to eek out a living from my computer business.

    I love to answer questions, so if you have any for me, shoot!

    *sits down and bounces happily, waiting for friends to happen*
    Hi Tanny Welcome to ADISC.

    Umm sorry if I asked this but what is the different between Rat and Mouse exactly? Oh and also nice to meet you *me shakes you with my paw* As you can see my name is Archer I'm an Javan Leopard currently living in my natural habitat(Guess where?). Oh and this is interesting Rat-Leopard Alliance!. Wow that is cool you have your own IRL AB babies?

    Wait did you say Car???. I LOVE cars especially classic ones. So simple question what is your favorite cars? Oh yeah I'm not a programmer nor computer geek. I still live in the cave.

    Wow awesome so which part she serves?(Sorry I'm a military geek). Wow your lives must be... good I guess to have your own babies.

    Well it is nice to meet you and I hope you can enjoy ADISC

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Hi Tanny Welcome to ADISC.

    Umm sorry if I asked this but what is the different between Rat and Mouse exactly? Oh and also nice to meet you *me shakes you with my paw* As you can see my name is Archer I'm an Javan Leopard currently living in my natural habitat(Guess where?). Oh and this is interesting Rat-Leopard Alliance!. Wow that is cool you have your own IRL AB babies?
    Mice are usually about 1/3 the size of a rat (or less, depending on which species rat or mouse you are comparing, I am a Norway rat, basically a common rat, but I am white with bright blue eyes, as my avi shows) and rats are smarter, stronger, faster, and WAY more social with humans. People who love mice will argue this point, but I have had over 50 rats and around 15 mice in my life, and rats are better in pretty much every way.



    Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Wait did you say Car???. I LOVE cars especially classic ones. So simple question what is your favorite cars? Oh yeah I'm not a programmer nor computer geek. I still live in the cave.
    Classics:
    Favorite American car: 1967 Corvette Stingray
    Favorite European car: 1972 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    Favorite Asian car: 1979 Datsun 280ZX

    Modern:
    American: 2011 Chevy Camero (ONLY because the new Chargers and Mustangs are hideous in my opinion and Pontiac is out of production, other than that, 05 Pontiac Sunfire for reasons that are all too obvious. To me, at least...)
    European: 2009 Lotus Evora because it looks like an Elise mated with a Lamborghini Reventon and that was the child.
    Asian: 2007 Mazda RX-8 Because Wankel sounds funny and I am very immature! Also, it looks absolutely mad and is an amazing piece of mechanics.



    Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Wow awesome so which part she serves?(Sorry I'm a military geek). Wow your lives must be... good I guess to have your own babies.

    Well it is nice to meet you and I hope you can enjoy ADISC
    She serves in the US Army in a MEDEVAC FOB as a radio operator. ^.^ And... My life is good. I love my babies more than life itself and they love me like I was their birth mother... Can't possibly ask for more than that. ^.^

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tanara View Post
    I have been a certified repair technician since I was 15, but I am ashamed to say that I still cannot program. (I am 22 now, don't know if that shows on this forum or not. >.>) I will be learning, though, as soon as I can get a semi-decent computer together. If you are a programmer, definitely please hit me up, because I can use all the information sources I can get to start learning. ^.^a
    Hi Tanara, and welcome. I'm a programmer (there are a decent number of us around here, it seems), and while I do like hardware, I tend to like simpler hardware that I can make myself (hand soldering, etc). I'd much rather debug a software problem than bad ram/flaky power supply/etc.

    In any event, have you heard of Udacity and Coursera? I've heard good things about the Introduction to Computer Science class at udacity. I think there's a similar on at coursera, but I don't know anyone who's gone through it. The online lecture format was a little strange at first, but I think it's actually extremely effective. Hopefully that helps - let me know if you have any questions.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LittleAcorn View Post
    Hi Tanara, and welcome. I'm a programmer (there are a decent number of us around here, it seems), and while I do like hardware, I tend to like simpler hardware that I can make myself (hand soldering, etc). I'd much rather debug a software problem than bad ram/flaky power supply/etc.

    In any event, have you heard of Udacity and Coursera? I've heard good things about the Introduction to Computer Science class at udacity. I think there's a similar on at coursera, but I don't know anyone who's gone through it. The online lecture format was a little strange at first, but I think it's actually extremely effective. Hopefully that helps - let me know if you have any questions.
    I will have to check them out. I have not heard of either of them. Do they cost? Because I was not exaggerating when I said VERY poor. My mommy has to help me with bills because I can't afford them on my own. >.> I would be homeless without her, so yeah, I can't afford pay services. >.< That is why I mention my services everywhere I can, so I can hopefully get people ordering compys from me.

    I am the opposite. I prefer to work with hardware, building computers is my favorite thing. I hate troubleshooting software, especially since I know jack about programming to do proper troubleshooting anyway. x.x

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tanara View Post
    I will have to check them out. I have not heard of either of them. Do they cost? Because I was not exaggerating when I said VERY poor. My mommy has to help me with bills because I can't afford them on my own. >.> I would be homeless without her, so yeah, I can't afford pay services. >.< That is why I mention my services everywhere I can, so I can hopefully get people ordering compys from me.

    I am the opposite. I prefer to work with hardware, building computers is my favorite thing. I hate troubleshooting software, especially since I know jack about programming to do proper troubleshooting anyway. x.x
    Coursera and Udacity are both free. They started out of an experiment a few Stanford Computer Science professors did in putting their course content online about a year ago. It's similar to the Khan Academy, which might be a little more familiar since it's been around longer, but more focused on classes, not individual lectures. The concept is actually really cool - you present the lecture online, in relatively short, digestible chunks, and then use class time to interact with students, go over examples, and answer questions (well, you don't get the in-person component if you're just taking it online, but there are forums and stuff on the site). It's kind of the opposite of the normal setup, but works fairly well since you can rewind the online videos, which you can't do with an in-person lecture. Perhaps I've been in Silicon Valley for too long, so forgive the jargon, but they see like they might be able to disrupt the higher-education market. I think it's really exciting, so I could probably keep rambling, but check them out.

    I don't even think you need a fast computer (well, fast enough to watch online videos). The basics of programming and computer science haven't changed over the last 20 years, so something a few years old is just fine.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LittleAcorn View Post
    Coursera and Udacity are both free. They started out of an experiment a few Stanford Computer Science professors did in putting their course content online about a year ago. It's similar to the Khan Academy, which might be a little more familiar since it's been around longer, but more focused on classes, not individual lectures. The concept is actually really cool - you present the lecture online, in relatively short, digestible chunks, and then use class time to interact with students, go over examples, and answer questions (well, you don't get the in-person component if you're just taking it online, but there are forums and stuff on the site). It's kind of the opposite of the normal setup, but works fairly well since you can rewind the online videos, which you can't do with an in-person lecture. Perhaps I've been in Silicon Valley for too long, so forgive the jargon, but they see like they might be able to disrupt the higher-education market. I think it's really exciting, so I could probably keep rambling, but check them out.

    I don't even think you need a fast computer (well, fast enough to watch online videos). The basics of programming and computer science haven't changed over the last 20 years, so something a few years old is just fine.
    Hehe. I don't have a computer at all. I access the site from my phone. :P

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tanara View Post
    Hehe. I don't have a computer at all. I access the site from my phone. :P
    Well, phones these days are faster and have more memory than most computers did 10 years ago . I wouldn't want to try to learn to program on a phone, however, so you may have a point.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LittleAcorn View Post
    Well, phones these days are faster and have more memory than most computers did 10 years ago . I wouldn't want to try to learn to program on a phone, however, so you may have a point.
    Yeah, it is not very powerful... It is a $60 prepay phone. It is about equal to a 2003 computer, though. 600MHz single core, 384MB RAM and 16GB storage. XD And yeah... It would be difficult to learn programming on. Plus I wouldn't be able to test my programs because it is Android and doesn't run exe files. :/ Well, pretty soon my mommy is going to be home and she is going to help me get the business going better. Right now my biggest issues are that I don't have a car or business cards and can't afford to get either, much less a computer.

    It could be worse, though. I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, and a mommy that loves me.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Tanara View Post
    Yeah, it is not very powerful... It is a $60 prepay phone. It is about equal to a 2003 computer, though. 600MHz single core, 384MB RAM and 16GB storage. XD And yeah... It would be difficult to learn programming on. Plus I wouldn't be able to test my programs because it is Android and doesn't run exe files. :/ Well, pretty soon my mommy is going to be home and she is going to help me get the business going better. Right now my biggest issues are that I don't have a car or business cards and can't afford to get either, much less a computer.

    It could be worse, though. I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, and a mommy that loves me.
    Unsolicited and free business advice is only worth exactly what you pay for it, and you may already be doing this, but I'd consider focusing on making servers (or even desktops) for businesses rather than home computers. They (the servers, at least) tend to be more expensive, and businesses are likely to buy multiple of them at once.

    And if you want to learn programming, a 3-4 year old thinkpad from ebay is probably the best bet, for $100-$200. Yeah, you don't get to build it yourself, but the keyboard is good (don't underestimate this!), and there's a display included. Install linux and you're good to go.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.