Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Dipers and hygiene

  1. #1

    Default Dipers and hygiene

    For me when I wear (used)diapers for an extended period of time, and the skin starts to get a rash, it actually is more hygienic then without, specially around my male parts. You see when this happens, the dead skin actually gets removed and my skin feels softer, cleaner and looks much much better.

    It's kinda hard to scrub sensitive areas while in the shower, so this helps keep me clean.
    Now diapers are made to keep you hygienic, clean and such, but staying in soiled wear for a long time (whether it being underwear, pants or such) is considered unhygienic; which I find ironic.
    So what are your thoughts on this? Does anyone else feel the same way?

  2. #2
    Countdown

    Default

    diaps are not meant to keep you hygienic, they are meant to keep the place around you hygienic (i.e., containing baby poop vs. baby poop bein strewn cross the whole house )

    also, convenience... EC (elimination communication (= holding baby over the toilet @ regular intervals)) has proven effective for some parents, but es not convenient at all... es a real hassle... diaps allow parents to receive convenience by tradin a bit of hygiene... they do not enhance hygiene, contrary to what some ABDLs may believe... i have heard some ABDLs claim that soiling a diaper is sooo much more hygienic than going to the bathroom b/c the bathroom is full of germs... give me a break some people are borderline-delusional in this stupid fetish...

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
    diaps are not meant to keep you hygienic, they are meant to keep the place around you hygienic (i.e., containing baby poop vs. baby poop bein strewn cross the whole house )
    So you just said diapers are not hygienic for you, but for your body, which physically is you?
    But I do think diapers are hygienic, would you rather do business in your cloths, which will rub against your skin, fall on the floor and stay there, or go in your diaper which extracts it from your skin and keeps it located in the diaper.
    P.S. My diaper is a makeshift one, although absorbs well, it does not keep things away from the skin, when I refer to hygiene, I refer to 'real' diapers.
    But this is off topic anyways.

  4. #4
    Countdown

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MrKittyKat View Post
    So you just said diapers are not hygienic for you, but for your body, which physically is you?
    But I do think diapers are hygienic, would you rather do business in your cloths, which will rub against your skin, fall on the floor and stay there, or go in your diaper which extracts it from your skin and keeps it located in the diaper.
    P.S. My diaper is a makeshift one, although absorbs well, it does not keep things away from the skin, when I refer to hygiene, I refer to 'real' diapers.
    But this is off topic anyways.
    no, i didnt say that... i said diaps arent hygienic for you, but they are hygienic for the house... poop is never hygienic... es better for the house if the poop is contained in a diap...

    i think diaps are less hygienic than pooping your clothes (poop up gainst the body for many mins vs. poop that soon falls to the floor) & much less hygienic than jus usin the toilet...

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Countdown
    some ABDLs claim that soiling a diaper is sooo much more hygienic than going to the bathroom b/c the bathroom is full of germs
    About what you said about toilets being more hygienic, it depends on the toilet. Both my dad and mom pee on the seat, my dad poops on the seat and they never clean it up. Every time I go to the washroom I literally scrub the toilet down (I am the only one that cleans it) and try to get rid of the layers of filth that you can see, and that you cant see. Trust me our toilet is equivalent to gas station ones.

  6. #6

    Default

    you know toilets being dirty is actually a pretty common misconception. There are a lot of studies that show that your kitchen sink has more germs (and therefore dirtier) then your toilet. So that is something to consider.

    Also, i doubt that you can say that diapers are more hygienic considering the fact that there is bacteria on your skin that prefer to be in warm, damp environments and can therefore prefer to be in diapers. Not to mention that people can easily get yeast infections due to wild yeast in the air (and that also likes warm, damp environments). Plus, if people use diapers for to poop in then you have all the bacteria there ending up in your diaper too. So realistically, diapers are a breeding ground for bacteria and is really not any cleaner then a toilet is (if anything, it is much worse). A lot of the diapers say they are hygienic or are odour-reducing, but they dont really do anything to actually stop or kill bacteria.

    The only real way you might be able to spin the diapers are more hygienic is to say that because they get changed far more regularly then regular underwear (i.e. most people wear their underwear all day/night whereas diapers (for those that do wear them regularly) get changed 2 to 3 times (or more depending upon the person) during the day.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek61 View Post
    you know toilets being dirty is actually a pretty common misconception. There are a lot of studies that show that your kitchen sink has more germs (and therefore dirtier) then your toilet. So that is something to consider.

    A lot of the diapers say they are hygienic or are odour-reducing, but they dont really do anything to actually stop or kill bacteria.
    One, the kitchen sink is probably more dirtier, but just because the sink is, doesn't make the toilet clean.

    Two if you change when your supposed to and actually properly do things, diapers are more hygienic.
    And I said when I referred to hygienic-ness in diapers, I was referring to 'real' diapers that don't let moisture touch the skin (or supposed to anyways).
    And the only thing that is odour reducing is something that removes the source of the odour .
    But still off topic.

    But when I wear a wet diaper for a long time my dead skin is removed. But this only gets removed (away from me) when I change.
    So maybe the better words to use it its more hygienic in the long run.

  8. #8

    Default

    meh, all these people quoting studies saying door handles have more germs on them than toilets etc. Counting germs is just deceptive. Every square inch of your body's skin is loaded with "natural flora" - bacteria that are either harmless or even a little beneficial to your skin's health. E coili on the other hand, you only want in your intestines, because it will make you quite sick if it starts to populate in your stomach. All this recent obsessive hand-washing and sanitizing isn't really helping anything very much.

    I suppose my point being if that door handle has 10,000 bacteria per square inch, and that toilet has 100 per square inch, you're still gonna get sicker by licking the toilet

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MrKittyKat View Post
    One, the kitchen sink is probably more dirtier, but just because the sink is, doesn't make the toilet clean.

    Two if you change when your supposed to and actually properly do things, diapers are more hygienic.
    And I said when I referred to hygienic-ness in diapers, I was referring to 'real' diapers that don't let moisture touch the skin (or supposed to anyways).
    And the only thing that is odour reducing is something that removes the source of the odour .
    But still off topic.

    But when I wear a wet diaper for a long time my dead skin is removed. But this only gets removed (away from me) when I change.
    So maybe the better words to use it its more hygienic in the long run.
    FYI, it doesn't matter that moisture is pulled away from the skin or not. Realistically, you are sitting in your own waste. And in particular, bacteria are able to metabolise the products in your waste for their benefit (hence why an odour begins). This odour still occurs with normal diapers or with cloth or without them. The fact is these bacteria are everywhere and saying that because moisture is pulled away from the skin makes diapers more hygienic is actually not true. Bacteria are not necessarily held in moisture or where its wet, it is just one place they like. as has been said before, bacteria are all over your skin and they can easily increase in numbers if the conditions are right (say for example, in an area where they have their food source and a reasonable temperature like in a diaper).

    Why do you think people end up getting diaper rash? Diaper rash is caused by exposure of the skin to ammonia which essentially burns the skins. Where does the ammonia come from? from bacteria breaking your urine down and producing it. Anywhere that there is an odour, there is bacterial action and you can pretty much be guaranteed that if there is microbial actions producing odour, then there is multiplication of that bacteria. basically, odour is important in determining if there are lots of bacteria present.

    Lastly, when you say that wearing a wet diaper removes dead skin. This might be true at a very very basic level. The fact of the matter is that your skin sheds of its own accord and doesnt need anything to help it along.(although, if you want to get really technical, skin is actually mostly dead cells anyway (as the living cells underneath become mature, they move closer to the surface but die well and truly before they are at the top layer that is removed. this is because they lose their nucleus and other internal parts of the cell and all that remains in the cell is keratin [which im sure you have heard of being in skin at some point] and that is what provides the barrier that is skin. It is these multiple layers of dead skin cells that provides protection against the outside world).

  10. #10

    Default

    backing Zeek, here. not to mention that, according to the [dated] information i have, faeces is up to 50% bacteria (the reason for the consistancy of colour?) and, in other words, it's basically just [speeded up] rotting flesh.
    i suppose that one could keep roadkill in one's bed for a week or two, for comparison.

Similar Threads

  1. has anyone found a cheaper plase to get dipers???
    By babyracer37 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 30-Dec-2010, 11:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.