Thread: Hi, New Here

Talking Hi, New Here

Hi Everyone, I'm Dave.

The reason I came to the site is pretty self explanatory and I'm guessing that its the same as most others here. The reason I wanted to come here, and not one of the other 10 or so similar sites, is because the others all seem like they are centered around fantasy and not reality. I would like to be able to discuss real life issues, advice, and other things that come up in the lifestyle we all share to different degrees. In a nut shell, the other sites are so chuck full of fakes and fantasy that I am too creeped out to openly post things about myself. I'm hoping this one is different

My personality and interests are A pretty big mixture. I'm in school (still.. alot of people go to school for 9 years) to get my degree in engineering and I've always interested in mechanical things. I also like to play ice hockey, Old-Man softball, and bowl in a league. I love good beer and great food, but I try and eat healthy and exercise regularly too... these two aspects tend to clash.

Is this the place to talk diapers? I use them sometimes. Sometimes I use one for an hour or two... sometimes for a few days in a row. Its really what ever my life allows and whenever I feel like it. I'll go ahead and assume that anyone wanting to know more would go ahead and ask...

I look forward to hangin with you cool people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruin27 View Post
    Hi Everyone, I'm Dave.

The reason I came to the site is pretty self explanatory and I'm guessing that its the same as most others here. The reason I wanted to come here, and not one of the other 10 or so similar sites, is because the others all seem like they are centered around fantasy and not reality. I would like to be able to discuss real life issues, advice, and other things that come up in the lifestyle we all share to different degrees. In a nut shell, the other sites are so chuck full of fakes and fantasy that I am too creeped out to openly post things about myself. I'm hoping this one is different

My personality and interests are A pretty big mixture. I'm in school (still.. alot of people go to school for 9 years) to get my degree in engineering and I've always interested in mechanical things. I also like to play ice hockey, Old-Man softball, and bowl in a league. I love good beer and great food, but I try and eat healthy and exercise regularly too... these two aspects tend to clash.

Is this the place to talk diapers? I use them sometimes. Sometimes I use one for an hour or two... sometimes for a few days in a row. Its really what ever my life allows and whenever I feel like it. I'll go ahead and assume that anyone wanting to know more would go ahead and ask...

Hi Dave, and welcome to ADISC. I'm fairly new here myself, but I really like the site - most people seem to be pretty honest, and the ones that aren't don't tend to last too long.

I studied engineering (well, computer science, but it was in the school of engineering) too. School did take a while for me, but not 9 years - are you in grad school now? If you are I promise not to ask when you'll be done . I played in a softball league with my company one time, but it didn't go too well. We just wanted to have fun, but we ended up in a fairly competitive league - that didn't go over so well.

What type of exercise do you like? I tend to go crazy if I can't exercise - I was a runner for a while, but I've been lifting weights recently which is a nice change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruin27 View Post
    Hi Everyone, I'm Dave.

FORE!!! Welcome, Dave! Its everything from AB to incontinence with witha few loose hairs from Furries floating around. Pretty much whatever spins your propeller.

Nope, no masters yet... I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do for a while. I switched majors a couple times then after 4 or 5 years I was offered a great job even without the degree. Now I take 1 class at a time at night. Its a long road but my company pays for class now so I don't really mind.

I was running for a while but I don't really like it... i get bored. I have been lifting for a while now and getting the cardio in when I can.

Welcome Dave! I am also quite new here, but was brought to the forum pretty much the exact same way as you were (so many creeps out there!). I am a big beer and food guy myself. Got any particular beer favorites? For talking diapers, I highly recommend you hit the forum labeled "Diaper Talk". There's a thread out there for practically anything and everything a DL would want to discuss!