Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You gotta see to believe this!

Religion is a serious topic and Point's image is hilarious though.

But seriously if people dont wont accept the earth is older than 6000 years old they are a lost cause and its pointless even discussing it with them

'Some Christians, however, reportedly "dispute the existence of dinosaurs altogether, claiming that bones excavated by scientists are a ruse meant to cause confusion among believers." '
    Wait, that's actually a thing?
    People actually believe that spiel?

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    I gotta repost this: http://imageftw.com/uploads/20120805...ngled_Blue.png

Thank you, Point.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    'Some Christians, however, reportedly "dispute the existence of dinosaurs altogether, claiming that bones excavated by scientists are a ruse meant to cause confusion among believers." '
    Wait, that's actually a thing?
    People actually believe that spiel?
    I have only met one person that believes that dinosaurs never existed. It's a very uncommon belief. Most Christians believe that dinosaurs existed. I think less than one percent doubt that dinosaurs existed.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    I gotta repost this: http://imageftw.com/uploads/20120805...ngled_Blue.png

Thank you, Point.
    Well... that's the funniest thing I've seen all morning. Thank you.

Cygnus

Man talks about his beliefs which don't agree with the beliefs of others on television!

Why was this posted on a news site?

Quote Originally Posted by WriteAndLeft View Post
    I have only met one person that believes that dinosaurs never existed. It's a very uncommon belief. Most Christians believe that dinosaurs existed. I think less than one percent doubt that dinosaurs existed.
    Most of us will admit that dinosaurs existed, but we will contend that there are some puzzles time wise and facts presented in the bible on where civilization was, and forgive me for brining the bible into this:

1) we do not know how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden
    2) There might be locations where Dinosaur fossils have not been found, or at least found in great numbers
    3) Would a world wide flood (or other similar disaster, most religions/cultures have similar stories) provide fuel for an ice age?
    4) The old testament and even the new take place, or only mentions places, in the middle east: Isreal, Egypt, Persia (modern day Iraq or Iran), even as far north as Greece and Rome and modern day Turkey, etc
    5) The first few books of the bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) were written by Mosus, now for Exodus and beyond this was the time he was alive, for Genisis he had to rely on either inspiration from God (as most Jews/Christians believe) or word of mouth and records he might have found (which some of us think could be included even with the insperation)

The bible, good as it is from a religion and even somewhat historical standpoint (it can at least show us how people lived back then), it is not exactly the most specific book when it comes to nailing down periods of time or what was happening in other parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatAndyGuy View Post
    Religion is a serious topic and Point's image is hilarious though.

But seriously if people don't wont accept the earth is older than 6000 years old they are a lost cause and its pointless even discussing it with them
    People can believe what they want. But they shouldn't forces others into their belief; they can educate and share it with others, but they shouldn't force it. People shouldn't make others feel bad about what they believe them, or degrade them for it. What you said is "it's pointless for discussing it with them." You degraded people who believe the earth isn't older than 6000, by saying such a thing.

Please be more considerate of your words and what they mean before posting such things.