Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ADISC Camp Thread

Default The ADISC Camp Thread

Every one needs a good camp out

The ADISC Camp, if it were to exist, and things regarding it. Who knows, maybe it'll lead to a real gathering.

1. We'd have to decide if we really want TBs and ABs, cause obviously that be a little complicated.

2. Would we arrange it by fantasy age or real age? Logically, you'd want 18 year olds with 18 year olds. But also logically, you'd want 3 three year olds in three year old styled rooms.

3. Could we have a staff of volunteers who would "take care of" our younger ones? Including but not limiting to changing and feeding?

4. Age limits? I mean we love to be kids, but I'm thinking anyone under 5 would be good for playing purposes.

5. If you have not checked out the RP "ADISC Nursery" thread, than you should. I think it should be organized exactly like that. Baby, toddler, etc.

6. We'd have to bring our own diapers/w/e but we'd want to start a pool to get diapers for those who can't afford them or w/e the case may be.

7. There'd need to be a system to keep certain unsafe partipants out. Zero tolorance for "real world childs play," if that makes sense. A background check of sorts.

8. Somewhere we can be safe (There are many camps in California, I like Woodleaf, but it's a Christian camp and because we make diapers our idols, that could be weird........(it's a problem for me fyi)........)

9> Regimented play schedule. 8:00 breakfast. 9:00 small groups (age groups) Learning and playing until 11 or 12 for lunch. Then some type of activty until dinner, more small groups, and naturally a good ole fashioned campfire song.
    Than maybe 10ish or earlier we go to bed. Offer the chance for people to bring strollers/cribs/highchairs/bottles/etc/etc. It would take a huge effort for everyone to partcipate.

The ultimate goal would be a Friday Night, Saturday, Sunday morning, type getaway for a weekend. We can divide into UK, West US, East US, North, South US, etc, with a larger gathering once a year with all of them available. ALSO; THE GOAL SHOULD BE TO KEEP COSTS AT A MINIMUM. I say less than 100 is a good target.

So, kids, tell me what you think? Odds are it may never happen, but it could. It could. It would have to be extremely well thought out , and I think so far what I have is a decent start.

So, talk away!

I' go to Christian retreats a lot and the system can be applied exactly the same . I actually hope one day to get to organize youth camps regularly.

EmeraldsAndLime

*will stick to smalls groups and day-ventures*

With some notable exceptions, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    *will stick to smalls groups and day-ventures*

With some notable exceptions, of course.
    Yea, when we sneaksies to the girls tents or go feed the squirrels....or get fed to the bears.....

i think this would be a totally awsome idea ^-^

and who knows it may very well happen one day

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by tbjay View Post
    Yea, when we sneaksies to the girls tents or go feed the squirrels....or get fed to the bears.....
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by cylenri View Post
    i think this would be a totally awsome idea ^-^

and who knows it may very well happen one day
    Cause I am totally NOT making this thread to get the ball rollin or anything if THAT'S WHAT YOUR SUGGESTING! STOP YELLING AND ACCUSING ME!

cylenri- TBJ! No one's yelling or accusing you of anything...........

Ooooohhh........

This is an interactive thread people, I'm the starter, and sometimes the finisher. The top and bottom slice of bread. Be my peanutbutter and jelly.

I am the pot of boiling water and macoroni. Be my cheese.

I'll be the mouth that feeds it to the tummy.

I'm so awesome..............indeed............

EmeraldsAndLime

*measures the angle of this thread*

Yup, just as I suspected - a perfect 90 incline. Someone slide off the deep-end pretty quickly...

*shrugs* \(o_O)/

annierighthurr

Weird...

The ADHD Levels are astounding

That's my next thread for later......

BACK TO CAMP IDEAS

I think this is an interesting idea, but doesn't really matter to me much as I am a DL. Anyhow friend, I doubt you can get this to work, but if you can and can get it to work, what would be very interesting.