Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A shirt but a skirt too...

Default A shirt but a skirt too...

Hey all,

Some time a go i found a top (still wear) at a drift store that looks can pass for a normal shirt but can be dress/skirt thingy too.
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...e/100_0562.jpg

Im not fully sure what it is called, i dont think it a halter and i dont think it a tunic but not fully a dress or skirt. Anyone know exactly what its called?

I been looking around for a few new long sleeve shirts for winter, starting to get a bit chilly 71F today. But want one or two passable skirt/dress things that just look like longer shirts and not to girly.

It could be called a lounger. I've got a couple but they got wider straps and go just below the knees.

You can buy shirts that are slim fit and they will come down longer

I would wear it as a skirt :P

It was 30F today here...

if anything else it will hide a diaper well as a shirt. I also dont know what they are called, but I have seen kids wear them as dresses. I have one like it with a strap, I will post a shot laters.

if it were 71 up here for a few days they would call it a heat-wave.... and i'd take off my fringe-trimmed black leather coat and drop my jeans... and run around out side in my loin-cloth!

by the way, Siddy;
    you look really cute in what ever you call that thing.... and i am dead serious about that!

I have a few of those with sleeves we call them night shirts or Shirt dresses if they are bit longer so they can be worn themselves as for a proper term I have yet to find one. A lot of Women and girls here in FL wear them as tops or even the slight longer ones by themselves as simple dress to classes on the college campus, and out in my area at the coastal side of the city where thing are more relaxed than in town.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    if it were 71 up here for a few days they would call it a heat-wave.... and i'd take off my fringe-trimmed black leather coat and drop my jeans... and run around out side in my loin-cloth!

by the way, Siddy;
    you look really cute in what ever you call that thing.... and i am dead serious about that!
    71 a heat wave wow and it is considered cold here when we hit 59F, My room temp stays about 75-85 year round, I guess you get use to heat or cold depending on where you live.
    Last edited by EmilyAdella; 30-Nov-2012 at 01:47. Reason: missed a word

if it were a bit looser and maybe just a little longer.... and had big bright flowers on it (and a Haole in it) we could call it a Moo-Moo... LOL

yo, Adella;
    just told Karen we had to move to Florida for my post polio syndrome... i can never keep warm.

Well my lovelies...I almost hate to tell you this, because when I do...you'll probably wonder why you didn't just think up the name... ..it be a tank dress! Siddy, I dig the bell-bottom/flare jeans with the embroidered butterflies too I'll be looking for some smooth cotton summer dresses, when that heat wave hits our area. *Think of Billy Elliot's friend's dress (well it was his sister's)... Fiver...be sure to let Karen know...when you pitch the Florida idea...I could probably fit in your luggage lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    Well my lovelies...I almost hate to tell you this, because when I do...you'll probably wonder why you didn't just think up the name... ..it be a tank dress! Siddy, I dig the bell-bottom/flare jeans with the embroidered butterflies too I'll be looking for some smooth cotton summer dresses, when that heat wave hits our area. *Think of Billy Elliot's friend's dress (well it was his sister's)... Fiver...be sure to let Karen know...when you pitch the Florida idea...I could probably fit in your luggage lol!
    how can it be a Tank-Dress...
    it isn't even olive-drab. and i just can't see driving a Bradley in that silly thing... lol
    Oh! you mean it's a "tank dress" not a Tank-Dress..... i get it, Marka (light goes on...)

i will mention your suggestion to Karen, but you'll have to fit in Her luggage as i go light with just an old navy duffel-bag... (can't see stuffing you in there and strapping you to the roof like Mitt did his dog..)

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    It could be called a lounger. I've got a couple but they got wider straps and go just below the knees.
    Dont think it is a lounger, i looked it up and alot of them are... well for lounging around, not something to really wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by BluePuppy View Post
    You can buy shirts that are slim fit and they will come down longer
    Already have, i have a yellow yoshi shirt that is a slim fit that does just that but they dont have that flow and sway like these do.

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    I would wear it as a skirt :P
    If i could... trust me i would, but only girls can get to enjoy that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    Thanks Marka!! That gotten me the best search results so far and right away i see one i might get.