Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any store that sells plastic pants?

Default Is there any store that sells plastic pants?

Such as a chain pharmacy or the like?

Instead of a chain store, you are more likely to find them at a medical supply store. Chain pharmacies mostly just have crappy, mass-market disposables. Good luck

Lloyds pharmacy sell henley medical plastic pants ,some other chemists stock readi plastic pants made by Robinsons which I love,if you're in sussex UK you can buy from clearwell Mobility in Brighton seaford polegate hammocks their website is clearwellmobility.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by boroughbaby View Post
    Lloyds pharmacy sell henley medical plastic pants ,some other chemists stock readi plastic pants made by Robinsons which I love,if you're in sussex UK you can buy from clearwell Mobility in Brighton seaford polegate hammocks their website is clearwellmobility.co.uk
    No, I'm in the US. I was hoping for someplace like a CVS or something.

I found that none of the chain pharmacy's or the one medical supply store in my area sell plastic pants.
    I use The AdultClothDiaper.Com Home Page. because I'm still very active I use the Leakmaster Deluxe Vinyl Pants. they hold up well and provide the protection I need.

there are 2 local medical supply stores in the area were I live that stock plastic pants. They are the Salk brand and are actually vinyl coated nylon. They are well made and durable but no good for cloth diapers. The crotch is not nearly wide enough. They work O.K. with disposables though.

The only place I've seen real baby styled plastic pants for us bigger babies- with wide crothes and forward facing legs that will actually cover a real cloth diaper - is on the net.

Setzer pharmacy in Saint Paul stocked them a few years ago - they had the Sani-Pants brand. They came in pull-on and snap style. I haven't been there for a couple of years since moving away so I'm not sure if they still carry them. Hammer Medical on University also carried the same products. The Sani-Pants are okay - functional but not very babyish. Frankly, I have a much harder time buying stuff from medical stores than from places like Walgreens. Hammer for example would always produce a computer-generated invoice - a process that seemed to take forever!

Really your only option for quality plastic pants is to order online. I have never seen any U.S. chain pharmacies stocking them in 15 years of looking. You might get reeeeeeeally lucky and find an independent pharmacy/medical supply store, but even then, your choices are going to be very limited. Just get on eBay and select from the 80 million available there

Edit: Salk SaniPants are, IMO, terrible and not worth buying. Bought a pair a long time ago and it was pretty useless.

Been there done that as the cliché goes. Medical supply stores have the vinyl underpants (can be quite warm for us guys down there). I did find a plastic underpant that was a poly laminate instead of straight vinyl. This removed about 1/2 of the heat load so I was able to wear them on a plane trip that was over 4 hours with no discomfort. You can keep searching these stores in various cities and you may get lucky but generally you will find Sani-Pants which are the vinyl. Irataliw and Dogboy helped me with their replies find the newer PUL plastic underpants which are perfect! Very soft and can be worn all the time with no heat loading. Ordering online is the best for choice / price/ and payment and delivery options.

Here in Canada, Lawtons Home Health Care Centres sell 3 packs of clear vinyl pants. Sort of cheap and flimsy though, they do last about a dozen uses each.(And each pack is around $6)