Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torchlight 2

Default Torchlight 2

The topic by PrincessAbbie about Torchlight 2 is likely closed and got zero replies. Seeing as how Steam just offered it for 9.99 (50%) off and I bought it on this sale. Anyone starting to play it or replay it?

I'm a lv. 20 mage, just started act 2. About to face the Manticore.

Yeah, I bought it. I haven't touched it yet, but I probably will later today.

I got bored before finishing it. Outlander is just too boring to play in this one, what with dying in one frickin hit and doing no damage unless you crit. The Vault was just painful. I basically spent all of my money on potions so that I'd stop losing so much of it.

I could join you with a berserker or something, though

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post
    I got bored before finishing it. Outlander is just too boring to play in this one, what with dying in one frickin hit and doing no damage unless you crit. The Vault was just painful. I basically spent all of my money on potions so that I'd stop losing so much of it.

I could join you with a berserker or something, though
    Sounds fine to me. I think im at level 28-29 now. Though i'm fine with pairing up with lower levels (and higher levels, within reason).

I finally got the spell that curses a enemy and upon their death sends HP/MP orbs out to the party. Asides from that I've been ranking up the first fire skill and the lighting orb thats a boss/hoard killing/kiting machine. So much for going after "Heal All".

I've played it, it's really good for those dungeon crawler type games. I'm not big into those though but I'd reccomend it anyday.

I got it from the Steam sale yesterday! Now I have a level 20-something Outlander with a really derpy build.

I chose Normal 'cause I haven't played the original and it seemed a bit on the easy side, so I'll probably remake him on a higher difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Moka View Post
    I got it from the Steam sale yesterday! Now I have a level 20-something Outlander with a really derpy build.

I chose Normal 'cause I haven't played the original and it seemed a bit on the easy side, so I'll probably remake him on a higher difficulty.
    Wait until act 3. I did every mission with my mage and after a while I find myself practically forced into higher level areas then I am. Normal won't ever be hard, but it does get tough in the late game.

I kinda wish I dint waste a few of my early skill points into non-spells. Should of dumped them all into that first fire spell as it's great for "sniping" and with burn damage it does a fair amount of damage in teir 2.

I am up to rank 36 I think now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Wait until act 3. I did every mission with my mage and after a while I find myself practically forced into higher level areas then I am. Normal won't ever be hard, but it does get tough in the late game.

I kinda wish I dint waste a few of my early skill points into non-spells. Should of dumped them all into that first fire spell as it's great for "sniping" and with burn damage it does a fair amount of damage in teir 2.

I am up to rank 36 I think now.
    Me and my roommate bought this game a while back and we play it together occasionally. Just wanted to say that I'm in love with the game (loot games like this always get me hooked). Right now, I have a lvl 20 berserker and a lvl 40 or so mage.

The fire spell is really good and cheap on the mana, but my favorite will always be the prismatic bolts spell. I put a lot of my points in it and almost all the rest in non-spell abilities (I rather like beefing up always enabled abilities).

I would also like to say that around the end of tier 2, I too experienced a long period of where I had to force myself into higher level areas because there was no where else to go. I wonder if this happens often.

With the recent sale I couldn't wait any longer and started playing with a friend. I still hope for a Linux release some time. :/
    Now that Steam is coming for Linux and the first Torchlight was finally ported after years it might even happen…

I'd offer to team up with some of you on this, as that would be a lot of fun, but college is clobbering me real hard. .-.