Thread: Stress about work

Default Stress about work

I am having alot of stress and work and what not and need some ideas or advice of how to overcome it and get work off my mind while im home and pointers and tips please help

Countdown

alcohol

While I'm all for drinking, I really don't think drinking is a good solution to emotional distress.

What is it that's creating all this stress for you? Is it too heavy a work-load? Work colleagues causing trouble?

It's a lot easier to stop stress if you stop the things that are stressing you out

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    I am having alot of stress and work and what not and need some ideas or advice of how to overcome it and get work off my mind while im home and pointers and tips please help
    On how to get work off your mind while at home, may I recommend a hobby. It doesn't have to be expensive like collecting gold ingots, it could be something simple. I like to work with plastic canvas/yarn, crochet and fiddle around with my model trains. Usually one of these three things helps me to separate home life from work life. It's actually funny, there's been a couple of days I've come home a tad stressed out and I go into a crochet frenzy to make myself feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    While I'm all for drinking, I really don't think drinking is a good solution to emotional distress.

What is it that's creating all this stress for you? Is it too heavy a work-load? Work colleagues causing trouble?

It's a lot easier to stop stress if you stop the things that are stressing you out
    Very well said. If I may, I'd like to add on to this just a little bit. Not too long ago, I was wrestling with the dilemma of staying at my job or quitting for something better. Well, long story short, after sitting down and having a few in depth talks with my boss, I decided to stay with the company for a few reasons. Mainly the state of the job market, the fact I have bills to pay, having "seniority", and that my boss had actually taken the time to sit and listen to what was going on and did some things to change up the job a little bit (for the better.) So, it might be worth it to have some one-on-one time with your boss as he/she may be able to help out with advice, or making some job-changes that helps everyone.

Oh, silly alcoholics :p
    Instead of drinking until you fall unconscious, take a nap. Thatīs cheaper.
    Just do something relaxing, yet time consuming.
    Like drawing, reading, and so on.
    Works fine for me. Sometimes.

... Other options?...
    Well...
    ... booze...

My life is work related stress! My shrink, diapers, hot tub, hot baths, bike rides, riverboat rides and red red wine in moderation help.