Thread: Game suggestions

Default Game suggestions

I have posted before about my new computer, I have upgraded it yet again. I'm now running hybrid crossfire (AMD integrated graphics using an A8 3870 APU, along with a dedicated 6670 HD video card). I went out and bought another game, Dishonored, and once again I have the settings maxed and STILL don't tax the system. FWIW I know people consider different framerates as acceptable. I'm comfortable right down to mid-20's, tho I should note that Dishonored runs above this at all times on my machine. So that being said, I would like some suggestions on more demanding games. I wouldn't mind both what people feel will push my system, or outright tax it, the most demanding games possible. I'm open to any suggestions, really. I like pretty well any kind of game .

I can't realy answear you, I personnaly have Intel HD family with a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT540M 1gb. The games that I believe require the most juice are BF3, crysis, etc.. I do not want be nasty but I do not think you will be able to support them. You can look on the web.

With that setup, you'll be able to run the "Big Hitter" games on minimum settings, and average around 20-25 FPS probably. Your best bet is to not waste cash trying to Crossfire with an APU(Or even use an APU) for Gaming; The technology is evolving, but is nowhere near where it needs to be to suffice for high intensity gaming.

I'd suggest you simply don't use the GPU portion of the APU, and get a better video card.(Something like a 7750 or so)

All that aside, as mentioned, BF3 and Crysis 2 are good games to test your setup on.

TESV: Skyrim on PC goes to crazy high level graphics.

Not sure if it's particularly taxing but it looks damn good

Saints Row 3 and Just Cause 2 are great sandbox open wold games. Helicopters, planes, cars, bikes, parachutes, tons of weapons, etc.

BF3, Crysis 2 and Sleeping Dogs are three great games to serve as benchmarkers. Farcry 3 is looking to be a great game as well as benchmarker too.

Quote Originally Posted by MistuhFox View Post
    I have posted before about my new computer, I have upgraded it yet again. I'm now running hybrid crossfire (AMD integrated graphics using an A8 3870 APU, along with a dedicated 6670 HD video card). I went out and bought another game, Dishonored, and once again I have the settings maxed and STILL don't tax the system. FWIW I know people consider different framerates as acceptable. I'm comfortable right down to mid-20's, tho I should note that Dishonored runs above this at all times on my machine. So that being said, I would like some suggestions on more demanding games. I wouldn't mind both what people feel will push my system, or outright tax it, the most demanding games possible. I'm open to any suggestions, really. I like pretty well any kind of game .
    Try turning on Ambient Screen Occlusion (ASO) in games that support it....I know Skyrim does now. This enhances the way light reflects off surfaces. I tried to on my 1yo machine now and noticed some stuttering. If you have a maxed-out machine, yours might be able to handle this feature. HOWEVER, this might be exclusive to Nvidia right now; I'm not too sure about that.

All I know is when I play games, I look for story/gameplay before graphics/sound. Yes, graphics are nice, but if the game isn't fun for me, I don't care how well it looks.

Sorry it took me so long to reply guys! Thanks for all the suggestions. And about the crossfire on my computer, just a refresher for anyone who missed earlier topics: I bought the machine with just the onboard graphics for a STEAL of a deal. I ended up crossfiring it for this very reason. With 800 combined shader cores and 3GB of ddr 1600 RAM, it should do just fine . Now I just need to keep an eye on the Christmas stockings

Skyrim, maybe? My laptop can probably run it on the lowest settings, but maybe you can run it with everything maxed.