Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is wearing diapers in public "Coercive"?

Default Is wearing diapers in public "Coercive"?

I'm sure some of you are familial with our member rosaliebent's book There's a baby in my bed, which is a great book, but it did make me question something. In the book she talks about undesirable "little one" behaviors as being coercive. These include things like wearing baby cloths in public and generally involving people who did not consent in some way to the behavior. okay fair enough, but what about wearing diapers in public? most of the time we don't want to be found out and people can't even tell you're wearing one. So does wearing diapers in public coercive behavior?

what do you guys think?...

just some food for thought.

Only if you push it on others. There are people that need diapers and are in no way either an AB or DL.

I think it's okay, as long as you're not combining it with any publicly inappropriate behavior. Lots of people who wear them need them, so it's not really a big deal if that's all it looks like to others, if they even read you at all.

It's only coercive if it's purposefully involving other people. For instance, deliberately dressing in such a way that the diaper is visible, that would be coercive. Accidentally showing it, is not.

I also think that the desire to tell other people about being AB/DL is coercive too, because it's forcing them to treat you in some way differently.

No. What you wear under your clothes is your business. Only way it be coecive is if you flaunt it making it obvious you have one on our purposely showing your diapers or messing in them and not changing or having them leak intentionally and not change. But most people are not going to say anything. Maybe a small child might since they don't have very good social filters.

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    It's only coercive if it's purposefully involving other people. For instance, deliberately dressing in such a way that the diaper is visible, that would be coercive. Accidentally showing it, is not.

I also think that the desire to tell other people about being AB/DL is coercive too, because it's forcing them to treat you in some way differently.
    I suppose, but the majority of diaper wearer's who desire to tell are teens trying to come out to their parents, and I can't think of one teen that would like to be babied by a parent. Telling is more about getting it off your chest and not having to adjust your behavior around people who are close to you for fear of accidentally being caught.

on the other hand, I think lying and saying you're incontinent when in reality you aren't is a coercive way of coming out.

Also if you read further into the book you will find that for regressive age players (I happen to be one of these) keeping a level of secrecy around partners will prove incredibly detrimental to the relationship, as the source of the desires is not sexual, and therefore, can not be satiated with anything but the most authentic recreation of the feelings of loving, comfort, and safety that were felt in the AB/DL's childhood.

it's a really good book I do recommend it

I don't see anything wrong with claiming to be incontinent if someone discovers them but however if it were your parents or partner, don't lie to them. Be honest about why you have them. Plus most people will not say anything if they notice so you wouldn't even have to pretend to be incontinent.

I also think the reason why teens want to tell their parents is so they don't have to sneak around or worry about getting caught and stress about it. I remember when both my parents knew, it took lot of stress off my back and I didn't have to sneak around or hide in the basement. I still didn't parade around in a diaper but with them both knowing, it made it easier for me to wear them and I was more free. If mom were to notice, no stress about it because she let me wear them. I wore pull ups for a while when she be home because they were quieter and more discreet. I was no longer stuck in the basement. Plus I didn't have to sneak them out of the home anymore and throw away in town.

I remember when Rosalie (sp?) wrote the book, lot of AB/DLs were not happy with it. I haven't read it yet.

Unless you were actively seeking attention by wearing a diaper in an overtly obvious manner, how could it possibly be coercive. I would think that there is a chance that while someone wearing was in a regressed state, then they might unknowingly reveal what they're wearing which could draw attention, but even that is not necessarily being coercive. Just like to say that I think it's totally inappropriate to coerce anyone into your fantasies...it's that sort of thing that gives us a bad rep. Even those who share this with someone accepting should always respect them and never try to coerce participation.

I think it is worth looking at this in a little different way. It is natural to want acceptance from others and to seek others with a common interest. Those with an interest in diapers often experience so much isolation that when they are open they may well have some coercive attributes.

I don't think this extends to drawing in others in the general public in every case.

I do see the coercive thing from some AB/DL's but I don't believe it is the rule, rather the exception. In my own life I am very solitary, even when I have opened up to others and when I am with other AB/DL's. I find that even though I would some day love to share my baby side with someone else that I am ok with remaining solitary. I never try to draw others in although I will test the waters of interest from time to time. I am never coercive.

I believe I am not alone in my feelings, that the vast majority of AB/DL's really don't unduly draw others into there interests.

I wear diapers all the time. When in public I certainly hope nobody notices. That would be a bit embarrassing.