Thread: Telling boyfriend who accepts pretty much every fetish but ab/dl?

Default Telling boyfriend who accepts pretty much every fetish but ab/dl?

My boyfriend and I have a fairly strange, yet pretty healthy relationship; and while we're both kinky people, he's very uncomfortable with anything related to infantism, yet I am a diaper lover. Thing is, the feeling of wanting to wear comes in waves, and we're going to live with two other roommates that are friends of ours in about a month.

Should I even bother telling him about being a DL, and if so, is the best way to flat out say it to him?

I think that you would be ok. But first I would tell him, that you have something to tell him, but your a bit nervous because of something he has told you, and your very much fearing rejection. When you tell him, explain to him that being a DL, is not the same thing as being an infantilist, or an AB. Everyone always clumps AB/DL together like its one interest. But it isnt. Maybe if you tell him that you just enjoy wearing and dont want to do any of the bottles, pacifiers and stuff, then perhaps he'd be ok with just the DL part. Maybe he thinks anyone in a diaper is an AB?

Quote Originally Posted by DONeill73 View Post
    I think that you would be ok. But first I would tell him, that you have something to tell him, but your a bit nervous because of something he has told you, and your very much fearing rejection. When you tell him, explain to him that being a DL, is not the same thing as being an infantilist, or an AB. Everyone always clumps AB/DL together like its one interest. But it isnt. Maybe if you tell him that you just enjoy wearing and dont want to do any of the bottles, pacifiers and stuff, then perhaps he'd be ok with just the DL part. Maybe he thinks anyone in a diaper is an AB?
    Well, the other thing is that there are some really bad stories in our community involving infantilists and diaper lovers, so there is a bad sigma about it; while he may accept me, he and I would also be very concerned about the others we'll be living with, and me being respectful about it (especially since I doubt he would want to have any part of my DL).

That's a tough one. Let us know how it goes if you tell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantis View Post
    Well, the other thing is that there are some really bad stories in our community involving infantilists and diaper lovers, so there is a bad sigma about it; while he may accept me, he and I would also be very concerned about the others we'll be living with, and me being respectful about it (especially since I doubt he would want to have any part of my DL).
    Yeah but every fetish will have had some bad apples in it, maybe they won't have all made the news but they exist and he should remember that before judging you because you like diapers. Chances are he may not like diapers in the bedroom but won't think you're a freak for liking them seeing as how he knows the real you and what you're really like.

If you have a good strong relationship with him, given that both of you are kinky, it should be ok. The best relationships are built on trust and my advice would be to not betray that trust. If he is not interested in playing along I would take it slow and I would not pressure him into doing things that he is not interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Yeah but every fetish will have had some bad apples in it, maybe they won't have all made the news but they exist and he should remember that before judging you because you like diapers. Chances are he may not like diapers in the bedroom but won't think you're a freak for liking them seeing as how he knows the real you and what you're really like.
    It's more than just that; some people in our group have been very deeply hurt physically and emotionally due to abdl peoples.

kasiawilliams

I told mine and he was accepting he said he loves me for me and that it's part of what makes me me so he accepts that. How ever i don't know urs but u can only try it or not ur choice