Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Diaper Sizing

Default Baby Diaper Sizing

Hihi! So due to my current living situation, I have to buy diapers in stores rather than ordering nice ones online. I've only ever used adult diapers before, but I'm craving the fun colors and prints of baby diapers. Many people on the internet have said size 6 generally fit them, but quite snugly. I'm quite short, just 5 foot and I weigh around the 100 lb mark. Would size 6 baby diapers fit me, or should I stick to adult diapers until I can order online?

PS
    Sorry if this is uber redundant. Thanks for any help!

I have tried pampers cruisers sizes 6 - 7, pampers baby dry 6, huggies snug and dry 6, and luvs 6 in the baby department. You just need to be a little careful putting any of these on. I will rate these from highest to lowest

Best
    Luvs 6
    Cruisers 7
    Cruisers 6
    Baby Dry 6
    Huggies Snug and dry size 6

You are a bit smaller than me any will fit. Luvs are the cheapest and stretchiest (and i think personally larger than cruisers 7 or any of these and also smell fantastic, art wise goes to huggies but their tab system is very tight on me. Only ones that did not leak for me were luvs. I am actually looking to try into adult but lost on where to start.

Oh my goodness thank you so much! I really appreciate this. This helped a lot. I had searched the internet and found it hard to get a strict answer for what would fit me. And for adult diapers, I tend to like to use the same thing over and over so I recommend Depends Adjustable Underwear. They look like actual diapers, which is an issue amongst adult diapers, actually. The aesthetic of them is really great. Unfortunately, the retailer closest to me only had large, so they were a bit big on me, but they are adjustable, so I managed to get them to fit around my waist. I have had no issues with leaking, although I tend to only wet up to twice at the most. They're really comfy, even with the size being too big, so I imagine they're wondrous if they fit right. As for crinkle or anything like that, they do have a slight sound (which I like), and aren't discreet if that's a worry. Thanks for responding! Hope I helped. <3

Take a look at this post - it has lots of measurements. I tell most people who post asking if baby diapers will fit that they won't fit in any satisfactory way, but at 100lbs you might have a shot. Goodnites would almost certainly fit (and even fit well, I'd think), although the designs might not be quite what you want. You may also have luck putting a baby diaper inside a goodnite.

Quote Originally Posted by Plevvy View Post
    Luvs are the cheapest and stretchiest (and i think personally larger than cruisers 7 ...
    Cruisers 7 stretched to a full meter tape-to-tape:

Believe me, I've tried stretching Luvs 6 this far. They never come close. ...Which is too bad, actually, as I quite like the scent and the designs!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Cruisers 7 stretched to a full meter tape-to-tape:

Believe me, I've tried stretching Luvs 6 this far. They never come close. ...Which is too bad, actually, as I quite like the scent and the designs!
    I usually only wear to sleep. ive possibly had bad luck with pampers overall, baby dry i had almost every left tab break before i could get them on and im only a 30-31" waist. as for cruisers, the diaper never stayed on more than 2-3 hours before the sides broke, they got holes in them, then just tore apart eventually. The monkey luvs i didnt have a single issue, but the blues clues luvs never worked out. any suggestions? I just tried my first pack of adult in a long time and im not really enjoying them, way huge on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Plevvy View Post
    I usually only wear to sleep. ive possibly had bad luck with pampers overall, baby dry i had almost every left tab break before i could get them on and im only a 30-31" waist. as for cruisers, the diaper never stayed on more than 2-3 hours before the sides broke, they got holes in them, then just tore apart eventually. The monkey luvs i didnt have a single issue, but the blues clues luvs never worked out. any suggestions? I just tried my first pack of adult in a long time and im not really enjoying them, way huge on me.
    If the Cruisers you tried weren't the "3-Way Fit" ones pictured above (they came out over a year ago, but some stores still have the old kind), you might give 'em another shot. The old ones weren't nearly as stretchy and sturdy. At some point in the last year they also improved the tabs on Baby Dry.

I don't know how to explain your better luck with Luvs, as my experience has been quite the opposite. I am also having to stretch further. Still, all diapers of a kind don't simply come from one factory and one machine, so variations will happen. Especially when you're having to stretch them quite a bit, the smallest of variations can be a big deal. Earlier this spring, I got a bag of Baby Dry that I was able to stretch into, and was pretty excited. No luck with the next bag!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    If the Cruisers you tried weren't the "3-Way Fit" ones pictured above (they came out over a year ago, but some stores still have the old kind), you might give 'em another shot. The old ones weren't nearly as stretchy and sturdy. At some point in the last year they also improved the tabs on Baby Dry.

I don't know how to explain your better luck with Luvs, as my experience has been quite the opposite. I am also having to stretch further. Still, all diapers of a kind don't simply come from one factory and one machine, so variations will happen. Especially when you're having to stretch them quite a bit, the smallest of variations can be a big deal. Earlier this spring, I got a bag of Baby Dry that I was able to stretch into, and was pretty excited. No luck with the next bag!
    I got a new bag of cruisers 7 with the three way fit and they have fit tremendously better, but i have been changing standing up as well, your thoughts?

Sizing on baby diapers is primarily dependent upon your waist/hip size. As mentioned above, the stretchiest diapers I have found to be Pampers Cruisers/Active Fit and Luvs.

I have an old pack of cruisers 7s and they tend to rip on me. I also try to make sure I staple the tabs to keep the tab stuck to the stretchy part of the side. (Hope that makes sense...) With Luvs, I never had the problem of the sides ripping. I LUVS (lol puns :P) their sides. They stretch well and dont rip.

its to bad here in Mexico the biggest size on baby diapers is size 6