Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABU AIO cloth diapers

Default ABU AIO cloth diapers

So to try and save myself some money, and to keep my diaper cravings in check, I've decided to try out my first pair of cloth diapers. I've looked around a bit and noticed that ABUniverse has their own brand of cloth diapers, which apparently has it's own plastic backing. Unfortunately though, their description they gave didn't really help me think of a solid decision of what to think of them, so naturally I turned to you guys.

All I wanna know is if they happen to be good. Are they thick? Do they look cute? Does the plastic pants it come with crinkle, and if so how loudly? Can they absorb much? Should I aim for another site that has discreet, private shipping?

Never used ABU products, so unfortunately I can't answer that part of your question. However, I purchase my cloth diapers from Kins (babykins.com) and have been very pleased with their quality and feel. I have both pull-on style cloth diapers and a couple of pair of their AIO. They're both OK for me. Kins has Adult, Youth, and Baby products, so you need to click on the proper section of their website. Hope this helps.

Was the shipping discreet? Did they ever send you any pamphlets or any extra stuff afterwards? Was the box that it came with also discreet?

I also got my first pair of cloth diapers and plastic pants from Kins. So far I have been happy with them. The shipping was fairly discrete as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IttyBit View Post
    All I wanna know is if they happen to be good. Are they thick? Do they look cute? Does the plastic pants it come with crinkle, and if so how loudly? Can they absorb much? Should I aim for another site that has discreet, private shipping?
    I recommend avoiding the ABU AIOs. The PVC cover means they can't go in the dryer, so drying will take positively forever. If you really want an AIO, you'll be better off with these from Babykins, or this one from AdultClothDiaper.com. They're not the cutest things, granted, but it's important to have a cloth diaper you can actually care for. You're not likely to get much use out of it otherwise. Babykins does have some baby-printed adult diapers, they're just not AIOs. If you're after cloth + babyish + crinkly, I'd suggest trying one of these other diapers with some crinkly plastic pants over the top. Or just about any cloth diaper with some baby-printed plastic pants to go over it. Baby-pants.com not only sells great diapers, but also a variety of printed plastic pants. And there are others.

thank you for the advice! But while I know not to get the AIO's, what about their Cloth Velcro Diapers? It says that its six layers of padding so I trust that's a pretty absorbent diaper, as long as I can get some plastic pants to go with it. Those ones from baby pants look rather good, but I guess I'm just trying to make sure which one would be better...

So would it be a good idea to just get ABU's cloth Velcro instead along with some plastic pants... And I guess at that, is the diaper really blue like in the pictures? Sorry about the endless barrage of questions >~<

thank you for the advice! But while I know not to get the AIO's, what about their Cloth Velcro Diapers? It says that its six layers of padding so I trust that's a pretty absorbent diaper, as long as I can get some plastic pants to go with it. Those ones from baby pants look rather good, but I guess I'm just trying to make sure which one would be better...

So would it be a good idea to just get ABU's cloth Velcro instead along with some plastic pants... And I guess at that, is the diaper really blue like in the pictures? Sorry about the endless barrage of questions >~<
    I didn't like the ABU Velcro because the Velcro stopped sticking within about a month. I use Dependeco Diapers because they have very good quality and great service, and even though the covers are PUL they make just as much noise as plastic (it's just more of a rustling sound than a crinkling). I really like it, but then I was also raised in a diaper almost identical to it.

So to try and save myself some money, and to keep my diaper cravings in check, I've decided to try out my first pair of cloth diapers. I've looked around a bit and noticed that ABUniverse has their own brand of cloth diapers, which apparently has it's own plastic backing. Unfortunately though, their description they gave didn't really help me think of a solid decision of what to think of them, so naturally I turned to you guys.

I have both the ABU AIO and the cloth velcro. The AIOs are pretty good....they have an insert that fits into middle inside a sort of pocket. I don't know what material this insert is made of, but it's surprisingly absorbent for how small and thin it is. They are a bit thick, but not overly so. The outside PVC does rustle a bit, but it's not too noticeable...I can walk around in the house with people around and no one has noticed yet. Drying is an issue....just washing them and hanging them up took forever to dry. So I'm cheating a bit and putting in the dryer on very low heat, then hanging them on plastic hangers to finish drying. I've not noticed any problems with the PVC, but I've not had them long, so I guess the jury is still out on that one. I'm a side sleeper, and I've had a few nights where the elastic wicked a bit, but overall these work pretty well. They are plain white, so they don't look very cute, but they work. Also, they are pull up style, so if you are looking for a real 'fasten on' diaper then you'll need to look elsewhere. I'm not a fan of pull up style, but these make up for that in functionality. Overall they are good, but the PVC is definitely the downside, and pretty much the only downside. For that reason alone I'd stay away from them.

The cloth velcros are also pretty decent. The soaker layer in the middle is indeed thick, however there is not much padding around the sides in the wings, and that has presented a few problems for me. I use PUL pants over them, and sometimes (like right now) I use the AIOs over the velcros...can't leak at all. I'm a little disappointed with the velcro though...there are no laundry tabs, so I can see the velcro wearing out pretty quick. Also, the velcro hook part tends to bunch up and try to fold itself over, either in the wash or while I'm wearing it. This makes it sort of wrinkle up and again, I can see failure of the velcro happening relatively soon. As far as absorbency goes, they do well. The info on this diaper says it will hold up to 1700/ml (that's about 56/oz). I've not had any real leaks because of the diaper itself...my PUL pants are a size too small, so I have had problems with wicking from the back. Overall iit seems to work for me, and I plan on getting more.

Both of these are pretty comfy. If you get the correct size they fit well. The AIOs are a bit tight around my legs, but that may just be me. Both of them work, at least for me. This is my first experience with cloth, so I really don't have anything to compare them to.

Hope this helps you, and good luck. You can PM me if you have any questions, or of course just post them here for everyone.

I like ABU and they do offer discrete shipping, in other words the shipping is private. The only thing is that I have not tried there AIO diaper because of the issue of drying it.

I love cloth diapers but normally get disposables myself. I have tried diapers from BabyKins.com and adultclothdiaper.com and they both have great cloth AIO diapers. Both of them are AB/DL aware and will ship discretely.

BabyKins definitely has the cutest selection if you want something other than plain white.

The only advice I would give would be to make sure you are pretty accurate on the sizing because it really is no fun ti get a diaper that is too small, even barely, or way too big.

Alright, so taking in all of your advice I decided to check out Babykins.com for my first cloth diaper. Looking into it a bit, I thought it might be a good idea to start with the simplest sort of diapers, so I got KINS Flat Prefold Adult Diaper with girl prints, a few baby pins, and KINS Vinyl Pull-On Adult Diaper Cover which is medium weight colored pink.

Would these plastic pants be semi transparent so I could still see the baby prints on the diaper? And overall do you all think this would be a good start for a first purchase?