Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my first paci since toddlerhood and I'm LOVING it!

Default Got my first paci since toddlerhood and I'm LOVING it!

It's the Baby Bop one PacifiersRUs sells, and I got a NUK 4 nipple because my mouth is smaller than average (heck, my whole body is smaller than average - I'm 5 feet tall!) and I think I made the right choice because it doesn't go too far into my mouth and make me gag which I was afraid a 5 would do. Happy day today and happy nights from now on!

I actually got one Wednesday myself, a nuk 3 was the largest at the store. I'm slightly attached to it already, I just worry if I use it too much it'll hurt my teeth.

Yeah. I already have an overbite (probably from prolonged use of bottles, pacis and sippy cups the FIRST time around, mostly due to disability) that we could not afford to correct when I was a preteen. Also one of my teeth sticks out a little because I broke it as a kid, but it doesn't stick out enough to be noticed by anyone besides me and my dentist...

- - - Updated - - -

Also last night I lost my paci in my sleep and was afraid the nurse had noticed it on a round, pulled it out and confiscated it, but I finally found it in the bed What a relief...

Memorychick are you in the hospital? Also when I was in the hospital I was always afraid I would loose it. One nurse who did notice it threatened to take it away but she is not allowed to do that. So no need to worry. As far as teeth go it really is kinda up to genetics with how much your teeth will be affected. Mine are slightly affected So I would not be to worried.

No binkygirl I live in a home for adults with special needs....if I knew I was going to be in the hospital I would ask my BF to guard my binky at home definitely wouldn't want it discovered by a stranger lol!

I've discovered I'm starting to wake up with my paci still in my mouth, and that makes me happy

kasiawilliams

I have some in boxes that need moved tomy new home 2 of em 1 small and 1 big i jus hope no one finds out why i got em

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    I actually got one Wednesday myself, a nuk 3 was the largest at the store. I'm slightly attached to it already, I just worry if I use it too much it'll hurt my teeth.
    Something I am curious about as well. Are adult teeth not susceptible to this?

Hopefully not, or at least not much, but face it, does anyone here really know for sure?

- - - Updated - - -

Also has anyone noticed the nipple/teat interfering with the swallowing of saliva? I have CP and my mouth seems to produce a lot of that and the last few nights I've had to compensate by sucking too hard on the paci to be able to fall asleep with it so I've had to take it out to sleepdefinitely not what I'd like to have to deal with