Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Becoming reclusive

Default Becoming reclusive

I've noticed that as I become more in touch with my little side, that I am also tending to be more reclusive. Actually I've never really been a major socialite, which is strange because I am extravert (I need to draw energy from being around others) I guess what I'm trying to say is that the more I accept my AB self the more of a home-body I'm becoming. I am intrigued whether this is common amongst this community or if it is just my nature. One thought that I've had, is that because I cannot truly be myself out in the community, that I am less interested in being out there....if that makes sense.

All I can offer is my personal experience for how it has gone down for me....

I am 30 years old and I feel like I only have one life to live, further, I feel like I wasted years of my life repressing myself.

Conclusion?

Not only do I want to be more extroverted: I feel what the heck? I want the world to know and be in the limelight and change the world.

This is just me. I am certain I am a rare case...

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    I've noticed that as I become more in touch with my little side, that I am also tending to be more reclusive. Actually I've never really been a major socialite, which is strange because I am extravert (I need to draw energy from being around others) I guess what I'm trying to say is that the more I accept my AB self the more of a home-body I'm becoming. I am intrigued whether this is common amongst this community or if it is just my nature. One thought that I've had, is that because I cannot truly be myself out in the community, that I am less interested in being out there....if that makes sense.
    I've never been one for social interaction. I've always been more happy when I was left alone. That's my nature. But I know that there are some people in the group, that love to have their diaper stuff with groups of people around, or close friends.

I think it all depends on the nature of the individual.

I'm pretty sure I'd get a kick out of playing with other ABs, at least the idea sounds nice, but since I can't imagine that happening, I find comfort in my own space(except when my partners around, but that's mostly in bed) don't read me wrong, I still love to party, it's just the rest of the time I feel happiest at home. Home is where the heart is I guess, and my heart is definitely little.

I definitely understand and sympathize with the specificity of your feelings. When i was 15 - 17, during times of extreme self repression about my TB nature (Not diapers), I felt like being alone and introverted almost 90 percent of the time that i was not at school. The alone time was all i had to indulge in fantasy and roleplay. I was deep in a complicated, lonely mindset until the end of my senior year when i finally began to start being a lot easier on myself. After i was in college for two years, I learned a ridiculous amount more than I knew, previously, about clinical psychology and philosophy as a science. I learned to use my introspective idealism and newly contemplated individuality to mold my perception towards acceptance and tolerance.

Now, I am almost opposite in my actions; while still trying to retain what i learned from all the time spent thinking about who i am . Since age 18, I have been progressively activating the parts of myself that want to be more involved with people who are of similar mindset and love the same things i do. It is very important for me to make new personal connections and try to comprehend different perspectives to enhance the understanding of my own. It is one of the primary reasons I joined ADISC after years of browsing. I ,previously, wanted more general simplicity among my social interactions because i was overwhelmed with self analysis, in a predominately negative manner. Now, i am seeking complex, meaningful relationships with new friends because i perceive the equality maintained by the proverbial cycle of accepting a mixture of Extroversion and Introversion.

I am sorry you don't feel like you can be yourself in the communities you are a part of. I am always willing to talk about it with you, if you need someone to listen. Otherwise, i don't think there is anything negative or harmful about becoming a little more reclusive. Perhaps it has been a while since you have a had a rest from interaction and you wish to be more intimate with your own emotions. That's good, i think. My advice is to appreciate these feelings for what they are, while you have them, and learn to flow between the changes that will inevitably come again. A balance, somewhere between the extremes, exists to be found by those who have the patience.

However, as stated by Mattew, the nature of the individual is entirely specific and incalculably differentiated from anyone else. No right answer, just your answer.

i think when you find yourself becoming more reclusive and private in order to indulge your AB interests it's a sign that your little side is taking up too much of your life. no one can be happy without a healthy social life, and if your social life is threatened in any way by your ABDL side it might be a time to examine your priorities.

even if none of your friends know about your AB side, i'm sure there are other interests and aspects of your personality that you can have in common with them. don't get so focused on ABDL stuff that you lose your ability to relate to non-ABDLs.

i'm not saying you're definitely becoming too reclusive. i'm just saying it's something to watch out for.

Countdown

es ridiculously reclusive... the family worries their heads off bout me... no friends, hardly talk to the family, complete shut-in... only leave the room for class... no interest in talking to people, hate it, bothers me... es always shy/quiet since toddlerhood, but got really bad in the past few yrs...

(2000 )

Went out last night, had an awesome time, totally non-AB of course. I think I will heed some of this advice and make sure I don't get too introspective or overly focussed on the little stuff. It is funny though, and I guess it's all about balance, a healthy amount of big and little.

Default Becoming reclusive

I'm very happy for you. Keep working towards that goal and there is no reason to feel unhappy or view yourself in any negative manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetry7 View Post
    I'm very happy for you. Keep working towards that goal and there is no reason to feel unhappy or view yourself in any negative manner.
    Ta! Your earlier reply prompted me to get out, and I had a blast. I will make an effort to get more involved in some of my 'other' interests.