Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My problem...

Default My problem...

Hey everyone. Im typing this from my phone so I apologize if it looks strange. Anyway, my computer monitor died today so I have to wait about three weeks for my dad to bring me up his spare one. I'll try to get on here from my phone periodically. Again, sorry about all of this.

You could probably get an old monitor really, really cheaply if you hunted around a bit. It probably wouldn't be much cop, but it'd definitely be better than no screen at all!

Oh no thats so very sad I hope you get a new monitor quickly

Hope you can get a new monitor soon. You should probably be able to get one pretty cheap, but if you do I can't promise anything about the quality. The other option is to spend a bit more on one that will last.

Have you tried a used computer store. People are dumping old crt monitors as they replace them with wide screen lcds.

CRT's are in abundance everywhere for REALLY cheap if not free. Hell, some LCD's are available for really cheap (and if you're luck enough, free ).

If the shipping costs weren't akin to being kicked in the balls, I would totally send you one of the old CRT's at my parents house (19").

Well am I the only one that has a dad that if you find a temporary replacement works a lot slower on getting the (semi-)permanent replacement so you can use it?

I have one you can have, if you want to pay the shipping I started useing laptops a few years ago, and this one is just sitting here in one of my spare rooms.

I live in Pa.

Thanks for your help and advice everyone. My dad is bringing up his spare LCD for me but I just have to wait a couple of weeks. My mother is not interested in helping me get a temporary one so I just have to wait. *sigh* And with my DS lite broken as well, I just have a Wii and homework to entertain me. Woo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    Thanks for your help and advice everyone. My dad is bringing up his spare LCD for me but I just have to wait a couple of weeks. My mother is not interested in helping me get a temporary one so I just have to wait. *sigh* And with my DS lite broken as well, I just have a Wii and homework to entertain me. Woo.
    If you have a local thrift shop, go there. $5 for a monitor isn't bad. Even if it is a 15" that runs at 800x600, that's better resolution than your DS or Wii. Then when your dad comes, just donate it back or throw it out.