Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best way of storaging diapers?

Exclamation best way of storaging diapers?

Hi

Under what conditions are diapers best stored once the package has been opened?

My reason for asking is the fact, that I cannot keep them in our bedroom (Obvious since my wife dosenít know about me being DL ).

So can they be stored for example on the roof where thereís no heat or will they get destroyed by this, or otherwise loose their absorbency capabilities?

I think that low heat or high heat doesn't really hurt diapers at all. My suggestion would be in the garage or shed or something like that. If you and your wife drive separate cars, then your trunk is always a good idea too. I feel your pain here. I just recently got married and even though I have told several others that it is always best to come clean to your wife about being a DL, I still haven't gotten the urge to tell mine.

That being said, I will give you the same advice I keep telling myself. You need to tell her. She married you... all of you. Either she needs to learn to accept this part of you or it wasn't really meant to work out in the first place. And I know it is very hypocritcal for me to say since I have yet to tell mine, but I do plan on telling her at some point. A marriage needs to have honesty and trust. It may take time for you to be ready to tell her, so I understand, but I still suggest telling her. (Preaching to myself here too.)

I would get some kind of storage container to put them in. Try to keep them where heat and humidity can't harm them. Maybe out in garage if you have one.

They will need to be kept dry; moisture or humidity will cause them to absorb moisture from the air and this will mean less capacity to absorb from you. They may also go mouldy if left damp for an extended time. Extreme cold (sub-freezing temperatures) may affect the durability of the tapes or plastic backing.

If you put them in a waterproof lidded box, and stuff any gaps with scrunched-up newspaper, they should be fine.

I would just keep them clean, dry and out of UV light.

Quote Originally Posted by LilMonkeyAlex View Post
    I think that low heat or high heat doesn't really hurt diapers at all. My suggestion would be in the garage or shed or something like that. If you and your wife drive separate cars, then your trunk is always a good idea too. I feel your pain here. I just recently got married and even though I have told several others that it is always best to come clean to your wife about being a DL, I still haven't gotten the urge to tell mine.

That being said, I will give you the same advice I keep telling myself. You need to tell her. She married you... all of you. Either she needs to learn to accept this part of you or it wasn't really meant to work out in the first place. And I know it is very hypocritcal for me to say since I have yet to tell mine, but I do plan on telling her at some point. A marriage needs to have honesty and trust. It may take time for you to be ready to tell her, so I understand, but I still suggest telling her. (Preaching to myself here too.)
    just of curiosity, how do you manage to conceal for your wife that your into diapers – do you wear them every day, or just for a few hours?

I’m still wondering how I can manage to get diapered up without her knowing…not sure she would understand nor accept this side of me…

Quote Originally Posted by NotTheAverageMan View Post
    My reason for asking is the fact, that I cannot keep them in our bedroom (Obvious since my wife dosen’t know about me being DL ).
    I've been keeping my diapers and accessories in my car trunk for many years now. Not an option for everybody, especially not those who share a car or don't have one, but it's worked very well for me.

On a related note, I've been married for over 13 years, and it was only in the last year that my wife found out about my wearing diapers. I'd foolishly placed some of my cloth diapers in the garage after washing them, and hadn't counted on her reorganizing the garage at around the same time. Ugh. Well... She didn't appreciate that I'd kept it a secret, but neither was she particularly angry. There was never a change in her affection for me, though she has never since expressed any interest in my diapered side, and that's okay with me. I have no plans to ask her to diaper me or any of that. As I see it, even married people need a little private time, and when I have an urge to wear a diaper, that's when I do it.

One recommendation is to always take diapers out of the package, this makes them less flat. It can also be a way if you need to as a way to hide them.

Default best way of storaging diapers?

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    If you put them in a waterproof lidded box, and stuff any gaps with scrunched-up newspaper, they should be fine.
    I used to put mine in an cooler and that worked really well for about 2 years. A cooler works really good because they normally only get used during one part of the year and are stored away for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTheAverageMan View Post
    just of curiosity, how do you manage to conceal for your wife that your into diapers – do you wear them every day, or just for a few hours?

I’m still wondering how I can manage to get diapered up without her knowing…not sure she would understand nor accept this side of me…
    I concealed my diapers and wearing from my wife for several years before I finally told her. It a good thing, I should have told her about it when we were dating. Sure it might have resulted in embarrassment and even her telling everyone, but it quid have been far better than the results of waiting to tell her.

The process of keeping things hidden was pretty easy. I just found perfect hiding places then I would only use them when she was away, work or traveling, or when I was traveling for work. I had a few so,what near misses, ok not really near but too close to be comfortable anyway.