Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been Out Of The Scene For A Few Years, Whats The Best Local US Store Bought Diaper

Angry Been Out Of The Scene For A Few Years, Whats The Best Local US Store Bought Diaper

Hi I have stopped wearing for around a year because of my living situation at my university with room mates, a small house and paper thin walls. My room mates are leaving for Thanksgiving week and I am staying back with the house all to myself.

I live in a fairly large city but have not had much luck with finding a good incontinence medical supply store.

Any suggestions for good diapers locally? I used to get the Depends Max protection but as I understand it they were discontinued last year
    Are there any suitable replacements or are they all garbage?

It looks like your limited to CVS,Walgreens,Wal Mart, or Rite Aid brands. Depends max protection ars still made. They are available online.

Depends max protection are still made, they are just called "protection with tabs" now. You can find them in stores like walmart, rite aid, kmart, walgreens, cvs etc. Just look around and see what you can find. I actually think walmart brand, wallgreens brand, and cvs brand are all about the same quality which is actually just as good as depend in terms of absorbancy. Plastic gives an edge to depend, but not by much especially because of the cost. You should be able to find a limited, but somewhat bountiful selection of diapers at local stores. If I had been in your situation I would have prepared ahead and ordered online, but if it is too late for that, keep looking and maybe you will get lucky. Try widening your search for medical supply stores, a number of the ones in my area don't have websites and the only way I found out they had diapers is by going in or calling them. If worst comes to worst, pick up some adult pull ups and stuff the hell out of them, it is better than nothing.

I use Tena Twist pull-ons available at Walgreen's and probably other places too.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    Depends max protection are still made, they are just called "protection with tabs" now. You can find them in stores like walmart, rite aid, kmart, walgreens, cvs etc. Just look around and see what you can find. I actually think walmart brand, wallgreens brand, and cvs brand are all about the same quality which is actually just as good as depend in terms of absorbancy. Plastic gives an edge to depend, but not by much especially because of the cost. You should be able to find a limited, but somewhat bountiful selection of diapers at local stores. If I had been in your situation I would have prepared ahead and ordered online, but if it is too late for that, keep looking and maybe you will get lucky. Try widening your search for medical supply stores, a number of the ones in my area don't have websites and the only way I found out they had diapers is by going in or calling them. If worst comes to worst, pick up some adult pull ups and stuff the hell out of them, it is better than nothing.
    Are you absolutely sure these are still available locally? I remember looking all over a bunch of different pharmacies last summer to get some but couldn't find any?
    Last edited by Trevor; 20-Nov-2012 at 03:42. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatar View Post
    Are you absolutely sure these are still available locally? I remember looking all over a bunch of different pharmacies last summer to get some but couldn't find any?
    I know in area here in North Texas Depends max protection with tabs aren't available at CVS,Walgreens, or Walmart. We don't have any Riteaid's around here.
    Last edited by Trevor; 20-Nov-2012 at 03:42. Reason: matching edited quote.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    I know in area here in North Texas Depends max protection with tabs aren't available at CVS,Walgreens, or Walmart. We don't have any Riteaid's around here.
    That has been my same experience in the South and Western USA

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    So I'm not the only person that's noticing all the half decent diapers are disappearing from the shelves. I noticed that all my depends and cvs no longer have depends with tabs either!

I just saw Depends Protection with Tabs at Walmart when I was down in Las Vegas (although it was just one bag, so perhaps they're cycling them out). In Washington state, they're available at Fred Meyers. Walgreens phased them out in favor of other Depends products that I don't like as much. I used to see them at Rite Aid but I haven't looked lately.

I'm pretty worried about this as well...Target does not carry much of anything Incontinence related anymore.

Walmart might have them(California I saw some a month or so ago),but I don't think they carry them in huge amounts like they used to(pre 2012).Plus it seems everything diaper/incontinence is going to be sold online which is a shame since my Walmart just installed ten "do it yourself check outs" that would have saved me the embarrassment of buying from a cashier.I understand why everything is going online since they want more shelf space for things that will actually sale faster then diapers.It bums me out though because over the last few years its been tougher to find a quality store brand diaper without having to spend 15 bucks or more.I remember when I started buying depends it was like 12 bucks max.

Also there is a program that delivers incontinence supplies to the your door so that is also phasing out store bought diapers.

I think I'm just going to end up getting a bank account/debit card and getting some designer pads...may as well spoil myself.Plus they look more like pampers/huggies...