Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2012 (non-diaper stuff)

Default Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2012 (non-diaper stuff)

I have seen some discussing diaper sales and ABDL stuff already, but how about the normal Black Friday deals? You know... TV's, Video Games, Computers... stuff like that. Has anyone already made their battle plan for Black Friday?

Personally, the only thing I am really wanting is a 50" TV.

Sears has a Toshiba LED 50" for $299 (8pm Thursday). I would love that one, but they told me that their Lawaway isn't available for Black Friday and I can't pay that much out of pocket right now.

Wal-Mart has an Emerson LCD 50" for $298, but it is part of the 5am sale, and I have to be at work at 5am.

K-Mart has a ProScan 50" LCD for $288 (8pm Thursday) and they said I could put in Lawaway as long as one was in stock and available when I came in, so I think that is my first target.

What are yours?

Never been realy interedsted in black friday as i have never had money but now that i do get money can anyone explain to me some of the details like is it worth going to all those stores with the crowds. I have been hoping that i could get a decent laptop on black friday but I just dont know how to find out what the prices of anything will be, does anyone have any ideas on how to find that out, Thanks. Also i wish we still had a k mart here where i live lilmonkey they sound like they have some GREAT deals on black friday.
    Last edited by cavemans; 19-Nov-2012 at 06:18. Reason: fixing my grammar posts (need to stop posting when i am half asleep)

I'm looking for a good deal on a SSD, though I don't need/want anything really.

I don't really have any targets right now, probably check out what Amazon has for gaming but that will be about it (though I don't know if gamersgate will do a special sale, if so I'll look). Generally try to avoid Black Friday and stick around for Cyber Monday.

I hate Black Friday- I did it once in 1997 and I swore NEVER AGAIN. I hated the lines, the crowds and to me it is not worth it just to save a few bucks! I hate Black Friday- I hate it with a passion. I felt rushed, nervous and in an enviornment I didn't fit in so after that one experience 15 years ago I swore off of Black Friday.

The only times I want to be in a line for something are the following- a roller coaster, getting into a ballpark for a game or concert, an autograph but NOT just to save a few bucks and dodge frenzied customers.

I plan on spending Black Friday at home, sleeping off my turkey dinners and whatever booze I drink on Thanksgiving. I really do not understand the appeal of Black Friday- Sure I saved money in '97 but was it really worth the lines, crowds and high blood pressure?

Not to me... so I am not partcipating in Black Friday but just gonna lay on my couch like a log or maybe go to a friends' place and play some Black Ops II. I hate Black Friday- I turly do and I know I'm probably in the minority of that one! LOL

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    I don't really have any targets right now, probably check out what Amazon has for gaming but that will be about it (though I don't know if gamersgate will do a special sale, if so I'll look). Generally try to avoid Black Friday and stick around for Cyber Monday.
    Go to Cheap Ass Gamer - Cheap Video Game Shopping, Video Game Sales and Video Game Deals: CAG it's a great site. If there's ever any deals you'll surely find them listed in their forums. It's also not filled with trolls or too many fanboys in the deal sections.

I personally save at least 40+ dollars there and got multiple games for free.

Quote Originally Posted by cavemans View Post
    I just dont know how to find out what the prices of anything will be, does anyone have any ideas on how to find that out, Thanks.
    Black Friday 2012 - Black Friday Ads, Black Friday Deals & Sales has a lot of ads that have already been uploaded by other people.

Quote Originally Posted by LilMonkeyAlex View Post
    Black Friday 2012 - Black Friday Ads, Black Friday Deals & Sales has a lot of ads that have already been uploaded by other people.
    Thanks!

I've gone with my cousin the past couple of years. I didn't really have a goal either year, so I helped him secure a couple of tv's. Last year was more fun, because there we went to Walmart to get a tv. (It wasn't available until midnight, but you had to wait in line to get a ticket to wait in line to pay, to go out back and wait in line to get the item... ) We got there around 7, and he went straight to the line, and ended behind a couple of other people. It was really fun to go around and find a sense of community in places we all had a common goal, (and the competition wasn't quite as fierce) They all had to wait in line, but I was free to do whatever. Standing gets tiring, so I became a go'fer and bought people lawn chairs, and snacks and such. ^_^ I also wet and got a some princess barbie drawing table for some woman who was waiting in line. (It was available at ten, but she was afraid she would lose it by having to stay in line for her tv) I ended up getting a few small things, but it was a fun experience, and a great way to observe how certain crowds interact.

As a Canadian living in a small town I've never really experienced the Black Friday sales. In truth I actually don't know if Canada has any sales going on Friday haha.