Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we born with it?

Default Are we born with it?

Do you think we are born with the desire to wear or does something in the environment cause us to get it or is it both?

I have heard we are born with it but I didn't start getting diaper desires until I was nine years old. But I am thinking we could be born with it but something in the environment will have to trigger it to make us get the desire. Some of us have always been into it since being potty trained and some others get into it in their teens or adulthood or somewhere in their childhood. Everyone with it is different. Is it possible to be born with it but not ever get it because nothing in your life has ever triggered it to cause you to start? Some people will say they "discovered it" when they started rather than develop it.

how could one be born with a desire for something we can’t possibly even know exists, when we are born? that really doesn’t make sense.

Born with it? Impossible.

I know I discovered I liked diapers when I was 5 years old. It's just something that you develop emotional and psychological bonds with.

The human mind is a complex thing.

I would be willing to believe that there is a genetic predisposition to developing these sorts of attachments. Not saying I *do* believe that, but it doesn't seem completely unreasonable either. Diapers specifically? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I would be willing to believe that there is a genetic predisposition to developing these sorts of attachments. Not saying I *do* believe that, but it doesn't seem completely unreasonable either. Diapers specifically? Probably not.
    I'd be more willing to believe this. Personally, I feel like I was predisposed to a certain kinkiness. This may be my most promient one but it isn't the only one I have. I think my route to the ABDL side of things was somewhat circuitous even though early and I might easily have gotten sidetracked more heavily into something else along the way if my experiences had been different. At this point, research into these things seems pretty poor, so I'm not investing a lot of energy into it and the origins matter a lot less to me than what I do with the desire now. Still, it can be fun to speculate now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I'm going with this. I think there's a fair chance we have some genetic predisposition, but pretty certain that there is is an emotional/ environmental trigger. There's clearly a reason we crave the security of a particular time and the objects associated with that. The 'reason' we crave is the bit tied into predisposition I think. I'm no expert but I'm pretty keen on transitional theories....that something went awry during early development causing an attachment. Whatever the reason, it's pretty hard wired, it's not something that is going away anytime soon.

I donīt believe we are born with it, but I do think it is established early in our childhood. A love map that got a bit "sidetracked"
    Most fetishes are established early, even before puberty, at least mine did.

As for the need to feel and/or act as a child I am more in the dark.
    I do love my plush animals but I donīt regress to a childish level, I stay myself but feel super cosy or something

Damn, feelings are realy hard to put in writing.

I tend to subscribe to the idea that a diaper fetish develops when we are trained too early or too late. In either case we become emotionally attatched to diapers and want to go back to wearing them, because it's something we miss.

Countdown

tend to agree with trevor... have plenty of other 'philias, so i think i may have been predisposed to a sorta kinkiness, if you will... and he is right, research into 'philias is pretty poor...

@ OP & others interested... here is a thread way back when from the olden days that I posted... you may find it of use.. http://www.adisc.org/forum/teen-baby...ab-tb-ism.html

I too was very young when i first started to like them and still do at my age of 60. Don't know why never tried to figure it out but just rolled with it. There was a lot of trauma in my younger years up until mid teens.