Thread: Hoi!

Default Hoi!

Hey everyone! I'm going to use the cheat sheet because I'm terrible at these things.

1) Hello! Who are you?

Hoi! I'm Xene. I'm a very spunky and emotional, albeit confused little person. Mostly concerning myself. I'm a domestic house hermit with an A.A. degree in Liberal Arts. I started out with passions of getting a PhD in Marine Biology, but some medical issues put an unfortunate stop to that, so now I spend my time at home keeping busy. (i.e. Napping with the cat and concocting monstrosities in the kitchen.)

2) What brings you here?

A few years ago I was introduced to the ABDL scene by a boyfriend and I'm still finding my niche, as it were. I find that I'm a bit of a switch, though the switching doesn't come easy. I guess I'm here to become more comfortable with myself and explore this little side of me that I have.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests?

Well I'm mostly at home during the day, but I really enjoy being creative, so you'll find me trying new recipes, crocheting or sewing, or perhaps browsing Pinterest or Tumblr for new ideas or just looking at art. I have aspirations one day of having my own pottery wheel. (I seriously miss my pottery classes. Ugh! It was like therapy for your hands!) I'm a member of a charity for deployed soldier's and their families, so I write letters and sponsor my adopted soldier, and sew projects for needy families there, as well. I'm obsessed with Assassin's Creed, but sadly it seems to be the only console game I can play well. I love to read, the classics especially. Shopping is a must, and I don't feel right unless I've traveled and seen a new place at least once a year. I'm also a champion of lolspeak.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

I'm seriously a lurker unless I feel strongly about a topic, or unless I find something highly comical or fun. This reflects my personality in real life I suppose, but I gather more by listening (Or in this instance, reading.) and watching people's interactions than I do by interjecting, so mostly I'm looking to see if people have had the same experiences as I have and what has come of them. I'm really just hoping to get past this 'stuck' feeling I've been in.

Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm going to use the cheat sheet because I'm terrible at these things.

1) Hello! Who are you?

Hoi! I'm Xene. I'm a very spunky and emotional, albeit confused little person. Mostly concerning myself. I'm a domestic house hermit with an A.A. degree in Liberal Arts. I started out with passions of getting a PhD in Marine Biology, but some medical issues put an unfortunate stop to that, so now I spend my time at home keeping busy. (i.e. Napping with the cat and concocting monstrosities in the kitchen.)

2) What brings you here?

A few years ago I was introduced to the ABDL scene by a boyfriend and I'm still finding my niche, as it were. I find that I'm a bit of a switch, though the switching doesn't come easy. I guess I'm here to become more comfortable with myself and explore this little side of me that I have.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests?

Well I'm mostly at home during the day, but I really enjoy being creative, so you'll find me trying new recipes, crocheting or sewing, or perhaps browsing Pinterest or Tumblr for new ideas or just looking at art. I have aspirations one day of having my own pottery wheel. (I seriously miss my pottery classes. Ugh! It was like therapy for your hands!) I'm a member of a charity for deployed soldier's and their families, so I write letters and sponsor my adopted soldier, and sew projects for needy families there, as well. I'm obsessed with Assassin's Creed, but sadly it seems to be the only console game I can play well. I love to read, the classics especially. Shopping is a must, and I don't feel right unless I've traveled and seen a new place at least once a year. I'm also a champion of lolspeak.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

I'm seriously a lurker unless I feel strongly about a topic, or unless I find something highly comical or fun. This reflects my personality in real life I suppose, but I gather more by listening (Or in this instance, reading.) and watching people's interactions than I do by interjecting, so mostly I'm looking to see if people have had the same experiences as I have and what has come of them. I'm really just hoping to get past this 'stuck' feeling I've been in.
    Hi Xene,

Welcome! Good intro, too. I'm normally a lurker too, but have found posting here has helped in coming to terms with my ABDL side. It sounds like your a little farther on the road to self-acceptance than I am, but maybe contributing will help you as well.

Did you know about ABDLs before the boyfriend introduced you to it? I'm curious how people ended up being an AB/DL, especially when it's something other than the "I've been interested in diapers since I was 4" story (no offense meant to those people - I'm one of them ).

I'm not really into pottery, but I do enjoy making things. To be honest, I'd probably have more fun making a pottery wheel than using it. I can see the attraction, though - doing something physical with my hands is fun, especially since I sit in front of a computer all day.

LittleAcorn

LittleAcorn,

I didn't know about ABDL's at all before the boyfriend told me about them! When we first started dating he came out to me about his identity. (Is that how you'd call it? I'm not sure. ^^; ) It was honestly quite a shock. I went through the motions of being freaked out and denial and all that, and then he asked me to just try it, so I did, and whoa! It's been a bit of a rocky road, but it's getting easier I think.

I can't wait to have a wheel. I saw on a YouTube video where a guy made one out of a heavy wood stump and an old tire and some bit of the axle or part of the tire that lets it spin freely? He said to fill the tire with cement so when you got it spinning it would just keep going, allowing you to throw on the tire. It was very cool! You don't even need to use a wheel to make pottery, a lot of people do what is called slab building, or just using your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    LittleAcorn,

I didn't know about ABDL's at all before the boyfriend told me about them! When we first started dating he came out to me about his identity. (Is that how you'd call it? I'm not sure. ^^; ) It was honestly quite a shock. I went through the motions of being freaked out and denial and all that, and then he asked me to just try it, so I did, and whoa! It's been a bit of a rocky road, but it's getting easier I think.

I can't wait to have a wheel. I saw on a YouTube video where a guy made one out of a heavy wood stump and an old tire and some bit of the axle or part of the tire that lets it spin freely? He said to fill the tire with cement so when you got it spinning it would just keep going, allowing you to throw on the tire. It was very cool! You don't even need to use a wheel to make pottery, a lot of people do what is called slab building, or just using your hands.
    Thanks for replying. That's interesting about your reaction. I'm curious at least partly because I'm planning on telling my S.O. sometime, and while I'm pretty sure it will go well, hearing positive stories of others who've done so (or been told, as in your case) helps reassure me a bit.

I can see how that would work for a wheel. I think the tricky part would be figuring out how to mount the axle in the stump so it could spin freely. Do you get it spinning with your hands, or do you have foot peddles or a motor? That part could be hard too, I suppose. Sounds like a fun project .