Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: biting feels better than sucking

Default biting feels better than sucking

I've always wanted a paci but recently I realized that I actually don't seem to have much interest in sucking thins. I seem to have a much stronger desire to bit and chew and things than suck them. I wonder if this means that I associate teething with regression more than I do sucking. Also, is there anyone else who feels this way?

I always chew things, i like putting things like pens/plastic watch strap/anything plastic in my mouth and chewing it

I am the same way, when i was 16 i found a binkie that had a thick nipple on it and i lost it. You would have loved it perfect for nawing on

I love my binky, but I've always loved gnawing on things, too. I got really sad the other day when I saw a teething toy at the store and I wasn't allowed to buy it.
    </3
    However, on track, I do find myself chewing on my binky just as often as I find myself sucking it.

When I put mine in or take it out I always seem to bite on it a little, then once in a while I'll bite at it and push it around my mouth, helps remind me it's still there and calms me a little.

I half suck, half bite mine all the time. I suck while I'm thinking about it, but when I'm not, I just hold it in my mouth and bite on it. It's really relaxing. I use it probably more than I should.

Quote Originally Posted by littleaddie View Post
    I half suck, half bite mine all the time. I suck while I'm thinking about it, but when I'm not, I just hold it in my mouth and bite on it. It's really relaxing. I use it probably more than I should.
    Oh? Are there health risks or something?

I don't think it's an issue if you don't chew on one that's really frayed. Just do what you like to do and toss any that could potentially be a choking hazard.

I like chewing my paci more than sucking it. I recall that I chewed stuff a lot as a little kid. Maybe I'd suck it more if it fit my mouth better.

Quote Originally Posted by kitsunekata View Post
    Oh? Are there health risks or something?
    I actually don't know. I think it can move your teeth around if you use it all the time... and can be a choking hazard if you use it when it starts getting weak... but that's all I know of.