Thread: Trying to find the right mattress cover

Default Trying to find the right mattress cover

Has any of you purchased anything from protectabed.com?
    I was looking online for bed protection, and I found a good website I think, but there are so many different products there. I've tried twice to send them an email, but they are too "lazy" to answer

Does anyone knows the difference between Plush Mattress Protectors, Elite Mattress Protectors and Luxury Mattress Protectors? Or maybe an easier question, does anyone recommend a website where I can buy a (waterproof) mattress cover?

I'm currently using a Polycotton Quilted Waterproof Mattress Protector from Linens Limited in the UK, I just couldn't sleep on plastic sheets (too warm) - this has a plastic backing but quilted top and cloth sides, waterproof and comfortable.

it takes ages to dry after going through the wash though (obviously you cant tumble dry it!)

I just checked on www.fetware.com they have 2 mattress covers in white and 1 in a cute print. I have bought from them several times and have had always good service.

Many stores carry waterproof mattress stores. Check out places like Cosco and Walmart.

yeah, I got a nice cloth one with a waterproof backing from wal mart, works and holds up WAAY better than the chap plastic things, which drive me up the wall

Amazon may be the best bet (UK or Germany), depending on shipping costs.
    the Protectabed products are probably available in your local retailers; i know that similar synthetic paper products are manufactured in Britain, under a variety of brand names, and the same may be true in Norway.
    as an aid:http://www.protectabed.com/content/P...-Locations.pdf

other products use a fabric-on-latex/rubber method, or separate sheets of the same, and these are also rustle-free and stretchy.
    the 'problem' with waterproof bedding products, is that you never know for sure what's in the packet (the types of materials and construction) from the labelling; and that's also why, if you go into shops which sell them, you'll find packets opened and sheets thrown about the place. you can waste quite a bit of money on bedding/protectors in trying to find one that's satisfactory.
    personally, i prefer a vinyl of the same type as used in 'plastic' pants, but they're quite hard to find and you have to take a lot of sheets out of a lot of packets to find the right one. it's best to buy locally so that you can have a good rummage and look-and-feel.

as for Protectabed's products, the Basic version should serve as well as the costlier ones:Basic Waterproof Mattress Protectors
    as above, you should be able to find the same or similar in your local shops (and possibly less costly).

(it's worth bearing in mind that 'breatheable' synthetic paper is more water-resistant than waterproof and you may find some moisture seeping through, under your bodyweight)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone
    Yes ade, I found a store here that sells this, so the shipping costs should be much less expensive. Thanks for the tip. ^^

those cheap ones you get from walmart.kmart ect dont last long there too thin the bedwetting store has some better ones Bedwetting Store - Bedwetting Treatments - Bedwetting Solutions
    Last edited by Trevor; 29-Nov-2012 at 21:57. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckey View Post
    Has any of you purchased anything from protectabed.com?
    I was looking online for bed protection, and I found a good website I think, but there are so many different products there. I've tried twice to send them an email, but they are too "lazy" to answer
    Personally I wouldn't buy anything from a company that doesn't answer an email, especially if it's a porential sales query. If they're too lazy to answer that, they may also be too lazy to ship out your goods in timely fashion, or too lazy to send a replacement or refund if something arrives damaged, or not at all.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    Personally I wouldn't buy anything from a company that doesn't answer an email, especially if it's a porential sales query. If they're too lazy to answer that, they may also be too lazy to ship out your goods in timely fashion, or too lazy to send a replacement or refund if something arrives damaged, or not at all.
    I couldn't agree more.

I tried a couple of mattress protectors, but they just made me sweat horribly and so were really uncomfortable. I found a washable bed pad (like the ones below) was much better:

Bed pad, no tucks, non-slip waterproof backing 34" x 36" | Washable absorbent Bed & Chair Protection | Bed and Chair Protection
    Double size Bed Pad 34" x 45" (85cm x 115cm) | Washable absorbent Bed & Chair Protection | Bed and Chair Protection