Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: States threatening to secede.

Default States threatening to secede.

Obama's reelection is causing a stir of people petitioning the white house that they want the state to secede from the U.S.

Residents In More Than A Dozen States Petition White House To Secede From United States

I think this is absolutely ridiculous and wonder how much stupider people can get. Of course these few people don't speak for the entire state and am curious to know the exact number of people who have signed the petition and also want to see Obama's response to this situation.

What does everyone else think about the crazy people?

EDIT: By more than half, I counted 29 states that have petitions. “A house divided against itself cannot stand.” ~Abe Lincoln

That sounds like a plan! Honestly... It would be interesting to see the voter turnout of those who signed the petition, as I know that in NZ for a signature to be valid on a petition, the signatory must be on the electoral role.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwidl View Post
    That sounds like a plan! Honestly... It would be interesting to see the voter turnout of those who signed the petition, as I know that in NZ for a signature to be valid on a petition, the signatory must be on the electoral role.
    In order for this to even be considered by the white house they need 30,000 signatures. Even then I doubt the white house will accept. If so I'm curious to see how many of those people are willing to pick up arms.

This is hilarious btw thanks for posting. Though america has always to me seemed to be a divided nation im not surprised something like this has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    I think all these stupid people need to MOVE.
    I disagree with this the rest of the world doesnt want to catch Americas stupid, plus as has been discussed on other threads most other western countries are even more left wing and liberal compared to the democrats so yeah where would they go ? Assuming that they dont want a drop in standard of living.

I thought it was illegal to secede. As handed down by the U.S. Supreme Court in the Texas v. White Decision in 1869.

Haha, similar thing happened in Canada during confederation[When the provinces joined together to become Canada]
    Vancouver Island was full of higher class people who preferred the United States to joining the mainland British Columbia joining confederation. So they started a petition to get Vancouver Island a state and they were going to present it to the president once they had 3,000 signatures. If I remember correctly I think they only got 300.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatAndyGuy View Post
    I disagree with this the rest of the world doesnt want to catch Americas stupid, plus as has been discussed on other threads most other western countries are even more left wing and liberal compared to the democrats so yeah where would they go ? Assuming that they dont want a drop in standard of living.
    I love this. Brilliant. And so true. There's honestly not enough wrong with America to secede. No way would more than 1-2% of any state, tops, want to secede, and to legally do it, you'd probably need somewhere in the 90s.

xxxxxx

the crazy ones will always be the loudest.