Thread: Fur Suits, Ear's, and Tails.

Default Fur Suits, Ear's, and Tails.

Hey I just wanted to ask who is a good person to commission a Fursuit from? I'm trying to buy one, and just don't know where to go about looking to commission one. Also what would the price be for a quality suit?

I also have a question for the people with the fake tail and ear's. Where is a good website to buy a set of both from? I'm looking for quality mostly.

Thank's everyone in advance !
    Last edited by jter42; 12-Nov-2012 at 15:13.

All depends on your taste in style of suit and how much you are willing to spend. A good quality suit will run you for a partial 800+ from most makers and full suits can run 1500+. Personally I love Made Fur You - Home - Custom Mascot, Fursuit Commissions and Costume Design and Don't Hug Cacti - Home as well as One Fur All Studios

All these makers have amazing quality, but they are expensive and have a waiting list that could be a year or more. If you want look at The Dealers Den and FurBuy - Furry Electronic Auctions both auction sites that sometimes have brand new suits for cheap. It's where I purchased my Collie from and don't regret it in the slightest.

As for ears and tails depending on what you are looking to spend and what you want, I highly recommend Commission (Selling): ~ 'SkahllyBir Yarn Tails ~ They make yarn tails that look AMAZING, they are expensive, but the quality is fantastic and you get a very unique tail to show off to everyone. Ears on the other hand, I don't have a set of them yet, so can't give any recommendations on makers, but believe both furbuy and dealersden have auctions for custom made ears. You could also go to Furaffinity.com and do a quick search and browse around, most people post their work and offer prices, shoot them a message and ask about it.

I asked this same question (or pretty much the same question a little bit ago) and WingDog did a great job answering it (better than I could do, I'm still new to the whole furry scene). Check out those sites and you're bound to find something,

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    All depends on your taste in style of suit and how much you are willing to spend. A good quality suit will run you for a partial 800+ from most makers and full suits can run 1500+. Personally I love Made Fur You - Home - Custom Mascot, Fursuit Commissions and Costume Design and Don't Hug Cacti - Home as well as One Fur All Studios

All these makers have amazing quality, but they are expensive and have a waiting list that could be a year or more. If you want look at The Dealers Den and FurBuy - Furry Electronic Auctions both auction sites that sometimes have brand new suits for cheap. It's where I purchased my Collie from and don't regret it in the slightest.

As for ears and tails depending on what you are looking to spend and what you want, I highly recommend Commission (Selling): ~ 'SkahllyBir Yarn Tails ~ They make yarn tails that look AMAZING, they are expensive, but the quality is fantastic and you get a very unique tail to show off to everyone. Ears on the other hand, I don't have a set of them yet, so can't give any recommendations on makers, but believe both furbuy and dealersden have auctions for custom made ears. You could also go to Furaffinity.com and do a quick search and browse around, most people post their work and offer prices, shoot them a message and ask about it.
    Damn! I'm impressed with those tails to say the least. I didn't think it was possible to get that kind of texture from yarn. Very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post

Thank's so much I'm definitely getting a tail from that site I love their design!

Their not too pricey either for the quality of the tail.

I like iceage on FA and he will do cub Fursuits
    He did mine

If you don't mind saying, how much did your suit cost you?

I'm trying to get an idea of what I'm going to have to spend to get a full suit.
    So far I've seen full suits ranging from 600$-1600$+.

I've commissioned a full fursuit from Made fur You, for $1900 back in June, it'll be made in January.
    To that, you'll need to add a bit of cost to make and ship a duct tape dummy, as well as some for buying a couple of sets of Underarmor (or similar).

A friend of mine has a yarn tail, and it's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyFoxDK View Post
    I've commissioned a full fursuit from Made fur You, for $1900 back in June, it'll be made in January.
    To that, you'll need to add a bit of cost to make and ship a duct tape dummy, as well as some for buying a couple of sets of Underarmor (or similar).

A friend of mine has a yarn tail, and it's awesome!
    I absolutely love there work, you have to post pics once it's done! I'm putting away some money each pay check saving towards a full fur suit. I'm definitely going to commission my suit by Made fur You right when commissions open up again.

And hopefully done in time for my 18th birthday when I can finally go to my first con !

Going to throw in a vote for Skahlly'Bir's stuff. I've had two tails made there, the best one being:

Amazing quality and such beautiful colours.

Bir's stuff is definitely awesome. Highly recommended from pretty much anyone if you're looking for a tail.
    >difference between yarn tails and stuffed: yarn has a base that the fur is stitched onto. this makes it very strong. stuffed tails are fabric filled with... stuffing. they rip more easily than yarn but they're also machine washable.

As far as ears go, lots of people make sets of custom ears of varying styles; try looking around on FA's forums. You could also buy an ear hat. Places like Paw Star sell them for reasonable prices. You can get custom colors in different styles.