Thread: UK equivalent to XP Medical?

jj2jjj

Default UK equivalent to XP Medical?

Does such a thing exist? Could you guys possibly point me in the right direction?

Edit

I also got hooked on Abenas at the wrong moment as they've just now stopped making plastic backed and cloth backed just isn't good enough for me so if anybody can point me in the direction of a similar priced, UK available plastic backed diaper that'd be great :3
    Last edited by jj2jjj; 10-Nov-2012 at 22:54.

I find Incontinence Choice to be the best (certainly the cheapest) place to order online. Delivery is usually next day, is discreet and they carry a good range including Abenas, Molicare and Tena. Unfortunately they don't do Euron which is my preference at the moment.

Dorset Nursing Supplies are meant to be very good from what I have heard so they'd be worth having a look at.

Hello there!
    Although not UK based, they ship swiftly and reasonably to UK and rest of world... Windeln+Pants -diapers | Inkontinenz Einweg-disposable | Save Express GmbH -left side of the page lists the different brands. They should still have the plastic backed Abenas. I ordered some just the other week. Look for word "folie", as they use that to identify plastic covered products there.

Should you order, just make sure you select discreet packaging before you get to payment page. Costs about 50p more only.

Good luck
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by jj2jjj View Post
    I also got hooked on Abenas at the wrong moment as they've just now stopped making plastic backed and cloth backed just isn't good enough for me so if anybody can point me in the direction of a similar priced, UK available plastic backed diaper that'd be great :3
    The Tena Slip Maxi would be my suggestion. It's plastic backed, has amazing absorbency and is roughly the same price, if not a bit cheaper, than the Abena M4.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Dorset Nursing Supplies are meant to be very good from what I have heard so they'd be worth having a look at.
    This is where I get my supplies from at the moment. Their reasonably priced, offer next day delivery and have decent after sales service if you need it.

Dorset Nursing, Save Express and incontinence choice are all highly recommended by me.

Save Express have Abena M4 Plastic backed (listed as Folie as mentioned earlier) in stock, my order comes tomorrow

Plastic backed alternatives: Attends Slip Regular Plus Special Care 10 (fairly thick), Molicare Super Plus (still thick), Tena Slip Maxi (thinner but excellent absorbency), Lille Supreme Fit Maxi, Cuddlz....

jj2jjj

Is the tena slip maxi as absorbent as you guys say it is? I really want an absorbent but smaller/thinner diaper

Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    Plastic backed alternatives: ... Lille Supreme Fit Maxi, Cuddlz....
    Lille Supreme are cloth-backed. For plastic you need Lille Classic.

When did they change the Lille to cloth? that sucks, they were never a good fit on me so I haven't bought them in years.

The Tena Slip Maxi is very absorbent, i've never had a leak. it is thinner than the Abena M4 though.

There is a more absorbent Tena Slip Ultima - got a pack of these recently but they are cloth backed a real shame as they swell nicely.

Forma Care has plastic backed slips, they are blue and almost as thick as an M4.

Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    When did they change the Lille to cloth? that sucks, they were never a good fit on me so I haven't bought them in years.
    Earlier than last April because that's when I started getting them and they were cloth then. They're really bad too; the wetness just seeps through the whole backing, it's impossible to wear them without plastic pants. The Classics are still good though, but they don;t do them in Maxi.