Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I told my parents

Default I told my parents

And to them I have a mental disease that must be purged. I'm going to move out ASAP. Anyone need a applications programmer? I'm willing to travel.

Well, actually they found my stash, but the effect was the same. They threw out about $100 of stuff I guess.

Now I'm going to go look at 4chan, because it's less cruel than this reality. Although, emotionally I'm kind of blunted. Been mentally prepared for this scenario for a while. I'll do what I need to do.

I lost a onesie, some super-cute shortalls, diapers, powder, wipes, a few toys and plastic pants. Everything can be replaced except the shortalls, which were one of kind and very well made.

Anyways, I've sent some emails to people I think can help me find a job and an AB friendly place to live. It'll work out I think. I'm looking forward to being on my own.

Wow man, that's rough. Of course i don't know what your relationship with the rents is like, but i'd try to not leave on a bad note, if you know what i mean. Best of luck though , i hope you find someplace where you're happy.

I can see why you would want to move out but really your parents should of stayed out of your personal stuff considering your 22. Anyways my suggestion is to actually talk about it with them and try to settle this rational like the adults all 3 of you are. Its only a matter of time before you either regret leaving or they regret pretty much forcing you to move out. Once during my like I didn't talk to my mom for maybe 6 years nor did she have any idea how I was doing nor where I was. She really changed and felt sorry she drove me to doing that. I hope that doesn't happen between you and your parents but if it does for your sake I hope your as strong willed as I was since its a very hard road, more so for you since you actually lived with them all of your life I am willing to bet.

(note: what I did had nothing to do with this sort of stuff.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I can see why you would want to move out but really your parents should of stayed out of your personal stuff considering your 22. Anyways my suggestion is to actually talk about it with them and try to settle this rational like the adults all 3 of you are. Its only a matter of time before you either regret leaving or they regret pretty much forcing you to move out. Once during my like I didn't talk to my mom for maybe 6 years nor did she have any idea how I was doing nor where I was. She really changed and felt sorry she drove me to doing that. I hope that doesn't happen between you and your parents but if it does for your sake I hope your as strong willed as I was since its a very hard road, more so for you since you actually lived with them all of your life I am willing to bet.

(note: what I did had nothing to do with this sort of stuff.)
    That would work if my parents were rational adults, but they are not. It's their way or the highway on matters they deem important, always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Incomplete Dude View Post
    That would work if my parents were rational adults, but they are not. It's their way or the highway on matters they deem important, always has been.
    I think you should still try and talk it out before any of you do anything else rash. Like I said my mom changed her ways then again that was over a 7 year span..

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I think you should still try and talk it out before any of you do anything else rash. Like I said my mom changed her ways then again that was over a 7 year span..
    I'm sure my parents and I will come to some uncomfortable compromise... in 7 years. Until then, I'm cutting them off. It worked for you, and it will probably work for me.

That really sucks, dude. What ever you do, make sure you can support yourself even if you lose your job. Move to the Silicon Valley, every job here is either fast food or computers...still! But...housing is outrageously expensive right now. Get a good room mate!

Why are you still living at home if you're an applications programmer? I'm only asking this, because one of the events that force parents to see you as an adult in the first place is moving out.

If a teenager never moves out of the house after 18, then regardless of age parents continue to treat them as their child still. The second you move out, you establish your independence.

Even if you eventually moved back in, they probably wouldn't pull the search and seizure routine.