Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Light sensitivity

Default Light sensitivity

Who here's eyes are sensitive to the Sun or bright lights?

I have Some Sensitivity to Light If I'm in areas where there is no shade and just concrete or White paint I Have to cover my eyes because it makes my eyes start to hurt.

That happens to me. Im getting wrinkles around my eye lids and on my forhead because I squint too much... I don't think it is too uncommon, because your eyes need to adjust first.

Some people sneeze when they see a bright light... I'm not sure what it is called, but my Bio teacher told me about it. Apparently my friend has it!

Well, I can't say that I have a great deal of sensitivity to light, but Bono does (I think). He has some pretty badass sunglasses.

EmeraldsAndLime

Stop being glued to your computer, get out more and enjoy life!

Light is one of the things I'm hypersensitive to. To the point that I'm mostly seen with a cap and/or sunglasses. Even inside, not out of disrespect but as I need it. Which often can result in a sensory overload

Sensory defensiveness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll sometimes sneeze in bright light. It was when I was 14 and crossing a busy highway that I walked right out into a car, and it was the sunlight that more or less just hypnotized me. All I can remember is the light, and a sense of peace. The next thing I knew I was sprawled out on the highway with both bones in my leg broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    If I'm in areas where there is no shade and just concrete or White paint I Have to cover my eyes because it makes my eyes start to hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Me :p View Post
    Im getting wrinkles around my eye lids and on my forhead because I squint too much...
    Have you ever heard of sunglasses?

I usualkly dislike being in direct sunlight or in too bright environments, and I recently discovered the huge comfort that comes from having a pair of sunglasses with me in case of need.

I've never been a fan on them till not long ago, and having blue eyes (which are more sensitive to strong light) it was not uncommon to be around feeling uncomfortable for the excessive light in particularly sunny days or when the sky is covered by light clouds that make it become all white. Then I began to use sunglasses (or, rather, since I already use glasses, sun lenses that you apply over them) and my world changed!

One of the most valuable benefits of using sunglasses is that when you go from a place with strong light to one that is dimly lighted you can simply take them off and avoid becoming blind all at once! (i.e. driving in tunnels) And, what's more, at the end of the day the pigment in your eyes that allows you to see isn't all consumpted because of the excessive light you were exposed to, preserving your eyes sensitivity and allowing them to feel less tired.

Get me outside on a sunny day or one with light cloud cover (the white sky Quattrus described), and I'm blind without a pair of sunglasses.

I have Opticnerve Atrophi and if a light hits me wrong i'll get a really bad migrain and the only way to get ride of it is to sleep it off.

I'm sensitive to light in some ways. On the computer, wherever possible, I have to change the settings to white text on black background, so I don't have a bright white background glaring at me all the time.

I also don't wear sunglasses as often as I should :/