Thread: Darn my shyness! im mad at myself.

Default Darn my shyness! im mad at myself.

I'm so darn mad at myself. I'm too shy and i cant help it. Ive been trying to get into some RPs, so far the count is 4. 4 RPs that I've been interested in, and my shyness screwed me over. three of which had open sign up space, and i was to shy to attempt to join. they filled up and i lost my chance, the most recent one, i saw it, was interested, got scared, waited a day or so and decided to send the character sheet, only to find out the spot was taken already. what is wrong with me, my own shyness preventing me from doing what i love.

soraXroxas95

hello xion.. im sorry that your shyness is keeping you from doing things you want to i am shy myself i know it sucks... but to get over it i tell myself to jump in with both feet and to not doubt myself hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by soraXroxas95 View Post
    hello xion.. im sorry that your shyness is keeping you from doing things you want to i am shy myself i know it sucks... but to get over it i tell myself to jump in with both feet and to not doubt myself hope this helps
    i wish it were so easy, but unfortunately im unable to just do things like that when i want to. i doubt myself too much. i wish i were braver.

soraXroxas95

i know how you feel... im dont always listen to myself so i do miss out on a lot .. but i do jump into i usually find myself thinking why was i so shy before this is fun i hope that can build up the confidence to do what you want because a lot of times its worth it and im here if need me

I agree with you sora'.

I too feel your pain Xion; crippling shyness can be such an obsticle and the best way to do the things you want to do in spite of being shy is to just jump in and have a go.

Just think to yourself; "what, are they gonna do? Take a birthday off me?" and go for it.

Good luck!

I'm also shy when it comes to meeting new people, so I kinda know how it feels.

May I suggest some self confidence exercises such as talking to yourself in the mirror? Sounds weird I know, but being able to think on your feet, and know what to say to yourself in the mirror will definitely help your self confidence.

Although, I do believe that everyone should just be themselves, if these are people you've never spoke to or met before (Sorry I don't know whether this RP is online or IRL) It gives you an opportunity to redefine yourself, tweak a few aspects of yourself that you don't like. Then you could meet/speak to these people in a confident manner from the start, and they'll see you as this confident sociable person, which could very well help you overcome your shyness.