Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The loneliness that comes with being AB/DL

Default The loneliness that comes with being AB/DL

Lately I've felt more lonely than ever about being an AB, and I attribute most of it to having no live interactions with other AB/DL's. And the fact that I can't express who I am to anyone, without it being considered Taboo. Can't forget that one.

Do you guys have any tips/tricks you'd like to share when you feel this way? Because I'm feeling particularly bleh today.

P.S. I'm planning to go to a littles munch relatively close to me soon, but due to several hurdles I have to wait a few more months to attend their monthly gatherings.

I've gone to a few munches but it's been awkward for me partially because the only person that was close to my age was (I think) ten years older than me. That and I'm just a generally shy person unless I know one of the people I'm with.

Awww, Im sorry you feel lonely... it is something that we all have dealt with from time to time. I have an AB friend/partner that I skype with every day, it helps me immensely, but without her, I just try and cuddle my big stuffed bear. Do you have a big stuffy? Little kids often personify their plushies... you can look into their eyes and imagine that they are smiling back at you... i find it satisfying sometimes. Just remember that you are not truly alone, we are all here for you...

I grew up as a lonely, stealthy TB/DL, and now i am continuing the tradition as a cuddle deprived, 26 year old AB/DL..... /Frown..... However, I am not losing hope. I have waited a long time and celebrated diapers, pacifiers, plushies, onesie's, etc, all by myself for years. I don't regret all of the time for introspection, because loneliness is a good teacher if you can make it through the sadness. I don't mean to rain on the diaper parade, though ....I just wanted to be honest.

I now think, conversely to when i was 16 and wondering why i was alone, that it's all coincidence. I just happened to be born in an area with little to no *B/DL activity and I happened to just now be interested in intimately connecting with a community that loves each other for exactly who they are. I got on sites when i was younger, but nothing as accepting as this community. Not to mention, in my hopeless, existentially dead, psychological mindset of those mid teen years, i don't think i could have allowed anyone inside. I was too upset with life and myself. It was miserable; and , not specifically because of the TB stuff, but all of the other things going on at the time. It's like being lost in a sea of noise. But, i found my way, symbolically, out of the paradoxical ocean, and managed to rescue the stranded little kid that just wants hugs, diapers, and fun, along the way. It sounds melodramatic, but it was an intensely true experience that hasn't left my memory.

I love myself now, and can openly share it with others. That is why I am getting to that point of wanting an AB companion. Everyone who likes to regress wants a playmate. Babies and Kids don't like being alone forever, haha. I think as long as we continue to try to kindle good, loving relationships with innocent intentions, then we will not have as much difficulty in the future at finding those who are just as passionate.... Oooooo!! , I really feel like snuggling with a plushie and paci right now, and it sure would be nice to do that with someone....sigh..... It will happen if we are patient, its a probabilistic inevitability. Don't give up searching for new friends.

I hoped that helped. I go on too long sometimes, i think. I just wanna be interesting to read. Anyway, hope you feel better :lotsofhugs

I agree...being an ABDL isnt my *favorite* thing ever. To be honest, it seems the munches are either filled with 35+ people or really hardcore people like some of those on other sites. Additionally, it is hard when you meet someone online and connect well, but can not meet with them (immediately or ever) due to whatever circumstance.

The main thing I do to help cheer myself up is to talk it out with my other abdl "friends". So we are here for you

About thirty years or so ago you would have been alone. The internet as we know it didn't exist so the chances of knowing about, let alone finding, other ABDLs would have been slim. These days however you have the whole world at your fingertips. You can chat with other littles on IRC, discuss things on the forum, read and comment on blogs and so on. If you really want to then the potential is there for you to even meet up with other littles (obviously taking all due precautions). It might help to think of it that way - you're not truly alone, we're all here, just a mouse click away

Strawberry, I really feel for you, since most of us have felt this way at one time or another. You might be surprised (as I was) that people sometimes aren't that shocked about our interest. I recently met a guy (not a DL himself) and decided to just casually reveal this part of myself to him. We happened to be discussing our own quirks, and I brought up a past problem of bed wetting and how I continue to wear diapers to bed even though I don't wet anymore. He was amazingly okay with that! Obviously if you want to live life as a completely regressed AB, that might be more difficult to accept, but I think just the occasional wearing of diapers doesn't bother most people.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld08 View Post
    Strawberry, I really feel for you, since most of us have felt this way at one time or another. You might be surprised (as I was) that people sometimes aren't that shocked about our interest. I recently met a guy (not a DL himself) and decided to just casually reveal this part of myself to him. We happened to be discussing our own quirks, and I brought up a past problem of bed wetting and how I continue to wear diapers to bed even though I don't wet anymore. He was amazingly okay with that! Obviously if you want to live life as a completely regressed AB, that might be more difficult to accept, but I think just the occasional wearing of diapers doesn't bother most people.

Cheers
    Yeah, agreed. I've often felt alone in this respect. Being a DL definitely isn't my favorite thing. On the upside, there are always friends that you can trust with the knowledge, and when you do talk to them like that, it lifts a huge weight off of one's shoulders. Sure, it's nothing like being able to talk with somebody who you're comfortable with who also happens to be *B/DL, but it's a step along the way.

BigC300

Default The loneliness that comes with being AB/DL

If you're lonely, go out and find someone to share your life with! Believe it or not, there are lots of people all around. You just need to mingle with them and find one you enjoy being with.

It is completely normal to feel lonely, especially as an AB. Think about it.

You are a child.

You are "alone." (In so fact that no one is there taking care of you.)

A child that doesn't have a parent is a very sad thing. The loneliness is only natural and if you think about it... it makes perfect sense.

The only true solution?

You have to go out and find someone that accepts the child in you. Someone that can be there for you. And, trust me.... someone IS out there for you. Just like I am sure someone is out there for me.

- Mitchy