Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to a formal event, help!

Default Going to a formal event, help!

Seeking some help from the other inco peeps here, or at least ones who've done this before. I am urinal incontinent, which isn't so much of a problem when I'm at home, hell, even at school because I'm typically close to a bathroom to change, and usually have my backpack with me.

However, out of all the things that I was preparing for tomorrow (yes, tomorrow, Saturday), I forgot that I need to find a way to change if need be. I have no idea how the venue is going to be like, or exactly how long we (my family and I) are going to be there.

Anyone got any tips for this? It's a long shot but I figured someone else might have some advice. I typically try to go to the bathroom before I go out to prevent having to change, but I don't have a good plan to begin with here.

Help?

Would a booster help? Does your family know? If so, thn surely you can maybe leave your back pack in the car and go out to get it then change in the rest room when need be. If not, I'm sure a diaper and booster will last if you just be careful of drinking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Would a booster help? Does your family know? If so, thn surely you can maybe leave your back pack in the car and go out to get it then change in the rest room when need be. If not, I'm sure a diaper and booster will last if you just be careful of drinking too much.
    I'm not sure. I don't have any boosters at the moment, plus anything thicker and it might bulge too much. I'm wearing a suit without the blazer, so I want it to be less noticeable.

I was going to leave my bag in the car, but again, I don't know what the venue is, and how far it'll be from the car, or accessible. One thing is for sure I'll definitely not be able to change in the car. No worries about drinking--I'm underage.

Default Going to a formal event, help!

LOL... I think he's talking about cutting drinking anything and not just alcohol! That way you pee less! teehee

I hope I can give you some tips, but as you don't know what sort of event it is not the most easy to do so:

- If the event is held in an indoor space, there has to be a wardrobe or cloakroom. You (or someone of your family) can take a bag/backpack with them. If you need to change it is in most cases only a short distance to the restroom
    - Second option is to wear a pull-up or a beldted diaper, in this way you can try timed voiding, so that you in most cases won't wet that much as usual. Only in the cases of a wedding service where you can't leave on regular times, this won't work.
    - Third option is too choose for a reliable diaper, which you know handles your wetting a fairly amount of time and wear plastic pants and compression shorts over it, on this way the bulge will be minimized and flattened out.
    - Fourth option, just thought about it...is it an option to take a camera bag with you (most SLR cameras a pretty big) and in the case used you should easily tuck a diaper in instead of the camera of course.

Hope this helps you a bit or give you some creative input for another solution.

Quote Originally Posted by bedwett View Post
    I hope I can give you some tips, but as you don't know what sort of event it is not the most easy to do so:

- If the event is held in an indoor space, there has to be a wardrobe or cloakroom. You (or someone of your family) can take a bag/backpack with them. If you need to change it is in most cases only a short distance to the restroom
    - Second option is to wear a pull-up or a beldted diaper, in this way you can try timed voiding, so that you in most cases won't wet that much as usual. Only in the cases of a wedding service where you can't leave on regular times, this won't work.
    - Third option is too choose for a reliable diaper, which you know handles your wetting a fairly amount of time and wear plastic pants and compression shorts over it, on this way the bulge will be minimized and flattened out.
    - Fourth option, just thought about it...is it an option to take a camera bag with you (most SLR cameras a pretty big) and in the case used you should easily tuck a diaper in instead of the camera of course.

Hope this helps you a bit or give you some creative input for another solution.
    I can't go to the store now, so I have to live with what I have on me. If I bring a bag, it will definitely raise suspicions.

I forgot to mention is that none of my family knows, and I sure as hell don't want them to.

Too bad I got rid of my camera. Damn! That camera bag would have really helped me.

Oh well, at least I know the padding I have now can handle it. I'm not worried about appearance, but rather about changing and all. :/ Plus I don't want it to smell at all. I don't think I'll be able to bring rash cream unless I put it in a baggie of some sort either. Well. :l

Quote Originally Posted by CrypticTaco View Post
    I'm wearing a suit without the blazer, so I want it to be less noticeable.
    Why no blazer? I feel like that would aid in concealing it?

Quote Originally Posted by tripletxxx View Post
    Why no blazer? I feel like that would aid in concealing it?
    Don't have one that fits. :c

BabyJayk

In this situation I would wear something like an abena abri-wing, something that comes on and off easily. I have read a couple of people talk about the cloakroom idea, I would do that, I would also get up and go to the bathroom every 30 minutes to keep my bladder absolutely empty. That way if you do pee it won't be that much.

Good luck!

Whoops, forgot to update.

I bring my bag just in case, as well as some extra clothes.

Surprisingly, the venue was small, and had restrooms easily accessible. I was able to go to the car and change after the two hour drive, without anyone noticing. I think I stretched my luck this time; I had no idea it was a almost five hour drive to there and back.

Thanks for the help, guys!