Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Privacy

Default Privacy

This is really a bit of a rant, the other night I went to bed a bit early, my folks were still up and I toyed with sleeping with my pacifier again I decided against it, in the morning I realised my mom must have come up into my room as the router had been switched off, now I'm paranoid about her finding me with my pink paci whilst I'm asleep!!!!!!! God it's frustrating

There's one really awesome solution to that - move out.

At age 29 if you're not getting the privacy that you want then there should be nothing stopping you from moving into a flat or room share.

As harsh as it sounds the solution is to move out. The secondary solution is to move the router or to make sure it remains on. Either way there is a solution.

I agree, however, that this is a very frustrating situation. I am in a basement myself with no real privacy. Sometimes it is necessary to live in a place that is less than optimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilsteve View Post
    This is really a bit of a rant, the other night I went to bed a bit early, my folks were still up and I toyed with sleeping with my pacifier again I decided against it, in the morning I realised my mom must have come up into my room as the router had been switched off, now I'm paranoid about her finding me with my pink paci whilst I'm asleep!!!!!!! God it's frustrating
    why don't you put a simple alarm on your door (magnetic contacts) with an off/on switch beside your bed and a loud siren to wake the dead.... that should brake her of the habit of entering without permission. and give you time to hide your binky.... (smile)

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    There's one really awesome solution to that - move out.

At age 29 if you're not getting the privacy that you want then there should be nothing stopping you from moving into a flat or room share.
    Oh lord I was going to say that but I felt like I was too new on the forums and worried I was going to get flamed into next Tuesday.

Default Privacy

I don't think you have to worry about getting flamed on adisc...I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubles View Post
    Oh lord I was going to say that but I felt like I was too new on the forums and worried I was going to get flamed into next Tuesday.
    You don't get flamed for making perfectly valid and even obvious statements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetry7 View Post
    Well, only by me really and maybe 2-3 other's who might think a post is idiotic.

example: http://www.adisc.org/forum/off-topic...tml#post979049

Default Privacy

I mean, sarcasm and "Trollin" is cool. As long as it is done ironically and for fun. Flamin, as I perceived it, sounded much more like blatantly insulting someone to an excessive degree. Sometimes I am a fool that deserves to be made fun of a little bit. Humbling is fine, hurting is for hateful people.... Look at me taking myself so seriously ;P

I can't of course know your personal circumstances that may result in your current situation, but I can only agree with what has already been said.

Move out, and enjoy the pure freedom of Independence. Of being your own man or woman (or little boy or little girl ). Make your own rules and revel in doing what ever you want, when ever you want, how ever you want.

I remember when I moved out; it was awesome! If I wanted to stay up all night and sleep all day I did. If I wanted to turn the spare bedroom of the unit I was renting into my own personal hobby room, I did. If it was a hot day, I didn't bother getting dressed in the evening after having a shower and just walked around the whole house completely naked (I had the curtains shut of course -didn't want to alienate the neighbors haha). What ever I wanted to do, I did and had no one to answer to but myself -and I still do

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetry7 View Post
    how times have changed