Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age Identity Disorder? Hmmm....

Default Age Identity Disorder? Hmmm....

Hey folks, have a look at this article and tell me what you think:

Archives of Sexual Behavior, Volume 41, Number 2 - SpringerLink

Yes, I know it's boring stuff, It's a response to the journal entry "Adult Baby Syndrome," and it talks about the idea of identity and dysphoria as related to ABDL people. Do you think we all exist on a spectrum of age dysphoria?

It was an interesting read, although I can't say that I have anything particularly interesting to add to the conversation. I think that unless someone can come up with a definitive answer as to why we are AB/DL, it's hard to say whether or not we are part of one spectrum or another; and it varies from person to person.

All-in-all, I think it could be a possibility, but unless I missed something in the article, I'd have to read further in depth before I actually make my contribution to the topic.

-Ron

hmm... well let me add this. People who have Gender Dysphoria have sex change operations partially because they feel anxiety when they are forced to act like the opposite gender. A transgendered woman who is forced to act like a man feels anxiety, frustration, and can become very depressed, to the point of suicide. While we are all on different points in Bitter Grey's "triangle," (some of us call it a fetish, and some are completely non-sexual), my point is that what we call the "Binge and purge cycle" may be an expression of "age dysphoria." Those of us who are regressive, non-sexual ABDL's who call it an "identity" could be feeling anxiety for being forced to act as adults, when we identify with childhood more. I know it's a pretty radical hypothesis, and I don't think we will see age-changing operations anytime soon, but I hope this helps to further our understanding of why we do what we do.

Age re-assignment surgery? Huh? Only available for older people identifying as younger, but not for younger people wishing to be older? Huh?

Maybe I misread the article, which is interesting but not saying a whole lot, but has anyone ever heard of age reassignment surgery? Not that I am seeking such surgery out, but the whole idea is fascinating.

I can't see age reassignment surgery becoming a mainstream thing anytime soon. I don't know, it seems to me like it would be a major surgery and would cost quite a bit of pocket change, there could also be complications.

-Ron

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    Age re-assignment surgery? Huh? Only available for older people identifying as younger, but not for younger people wishing to be older? Huh?

Maybe I misread the article, which is interesting but not saying a whole lot, but has anyone ever heard of age reassignment surgery? Not that I am seeking such surgery out, but the whole idea is fascinating.
    what are they going to do? cut about 3 feet out of every part of your body?
    I don't think this is very possible with modern medicine.

Yes, there is age re-assignment surgery. It's surgery that goes terribly wrong, killing the aging patient. He then wakes up in heaven and realizes that there, he's one second old. I know when I die and wake up in the next place, I'm going to run around and yell, "I'm the youngest one...I'm the youngest one!"

Cygnus

I have another view point to throw into this that is semi-related. I have a moderate case of what some people have called Species Identity Disorder. Now, this is an informal diagnosis and isn't commonly used, but there are quite a few people like me. Personally, I prefer to say that I have occasional bouts of species dysphoria rather than saying I have this proposed disorder.

You brought up the point of the binge-purge cycle. I'm somewhat similar with my species dysphoria in that I'll have good days and bad days. On the good days, I don't mind being a human so much. On bad days, however, I'll often lock myself away from the world and cry. I also keep all lights off or sit in my closet so I don't have to see my human body. Lately, the good days have been far outnumbering the bad days, something I've been working on trying to control and manage with my spirituality.

I don't think there'll be a surgery or anything of the sorts for our quirks for quite a while due to the lack of technology and for ethical reasons. I don't think people would be willing to allow scientists to kill a malamute just so I can run around and live my dream of being in what I see as my true form. Plus, imagine how insecure and paranoid people would feel if they knew that any toddler or animal could have the mind of an adult. One second you're feeding leftover spaghetti to a pair of dogs in the alleyway behind your restaurant expecting a Lady and the Tramp-esque scene, and the next thing you know they just killed your cook and they're robbing your cash register.

No, I think the article makes a lot of misleading implications. How is it that an AB/DL suffers from age dysphoria when just a mere diaper can bring them so much euphoria? I feel sorry for Mr. A, but his story has no relevance to me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Yes, there is age re-assignment surgery. It's surgery that goes terribly wrong, killing the aging patient. He then wakes up in heaven and realizes that there, he's one second old. I know when I die and wake up in the next place, I'm going to run around and yell, "I'm the youngest one...I'm the youngest one!"
    You'll have about 1 second before the next new guy comes along ruining it all for you