Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 US elections discussion

Default 2012 US elections discussion

Polls are starting to close, so I figure a thread for talking about the results of the US presidential elections along with the related house/senate/state elections and the ballot initiatives would be in order.

Seems like this has been a really long campaign. Can't say I'm dissatisfy to see it end tonight.

Also, be advised that this is a thread to discuss results, not debate policy. If that's what you want to do, look for/create another thread.

I live in the central time zone in North Texas. I think after 10pm cst we'll see some of the trends developing on the races. Some states could be called by then. I'll be watching

off an on all night.

- - - Updated - - -

I live in the central time zone in North Texas. I think after 10pm cst we'll see some of the trends developing on the races. Some states could be called by then. I'll be watching

off an on all night.

Still another thirty minutes until polls fully close in some states. Might as well keep it lighthearted until then. I present to you: every American's opinion of the election/campaign.

Supersam1223

Default 2012 US elections discution

I'm recording the coverage because I live in the UK, and can't be bothered to stay up from 10pm-4am watching it. I'll be watching it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersam1223 View Post
    I'm recording the coverage because I live in the UK, and can't be bothered to stay up from 10pm-4am watching it. I'll be watching it tomorrow.
    Our Student Union is keeping the pub open til 4 am just so people who don't have a TV license can watch all of it.

It may not mean anything but it is nice to see that everyone on my Facebook feed has voted for Obama, it doesn't count for multiple reasons but it's nice to see people taking an interest in foreign affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Our Student Union is keeping the pub open til 4 am just so people who don't have a TV license can watch all of it.

It may not mean anything but it is nice to see that everyone on my Facebook feed has voted for Obama, it doesn't count for multiple reasons but it's nice to see people taking an interest in foreign affairs.
    Everyone in my Astrophysics class (that can vote - that would be one person) voted for Obama

She's even voting in a battleground state (New Hampshire).

Anyway, so far Obama losing big with a trivial amount of results in from Kentucky, Indiana and New Hampshire. Really doesn't mean anything so far, though.

Hopefully Gary Johnson will come out of nowhere with the big win.

Hopefully...I can dream right?

Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    Hopefully Gary Johnson will come out of nowhere with the big win.

Hopefully...I can dream right?
    it's America, of course you can dream!

...but we'll have to tax you for that...

on a more heavy note, I really hope wins.

I didn't vote....My county had school off for election day, so my theater got completely overrun and I was called into work. I could have said no, and gone and voted because they can't stop me, but I need the money more.

I'm just on the edge of my seat over this election if you can't tell. Now if you will excuse me I must get back to killing evil Templar's in Assassin's Creed.

you can watch live results here (among many other various sites)

Election Results

I'm surprised obama is doing fairly well in a few of the states (Texas for example)
    Last edited by Lobie; 07-Nov-2012 at 00:22. Reason: random double post