Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has the hate diminished a lot?

Default Has the hate diminished a lot?

Well I have noticed that ever since I first became a furry a lot of rude things have been said, but since like the past summer it has become old news now. It seems that when the bronies came along all the haters went over to hating on them. Does anyone else feel the same? It just shows to me that people need something to hate on and furries had already gotten to the point where they just stopped caring. Also is it just me or does it seem like more people know of *b/dl stuff now than we think. I have been on servers where people have see my avatar and will instantly know I am a babyfur. *P.M. I see no difference in a babyfur and a *b/dl* I have been told to slit my wrist before because of this but now it seems like people know about it but do not care. I am not saying it has been accepted into society just that since we are trying to keep it hidden the people that do know just do not bother us. Even in the furry world I have found people who hated on me for being a babyfur 2 years ago now turning into babyfurs themselves.Its like the haters leave us be because we are not like parading it around I guess.

Don't confuse familiarity or grudging tolerance with acceptance. Furries are still seen as scum by many people, or just portrayed as fat dudes who wish they were wolves. Most, I'd say, just shake their heads and say they don't get it. But they also say that about lots of more-stigmatizing things. And that's just the fandom as a whole; babyfurs will be long in line behind 'regular' ABDLs in having a not-terrible public image.

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post
    Don't confuse familiarity or grudging tolerance with acceptance. Furries are still seen as scum by many people, or just portrayed as fat dudes who wish they were wolves. Most, I'd say, just shake their heads and say they don't get it. But they also say that about lots of more-stigmatizing things. And that's just the fandom as a whole; babyfurs will be long in line behind 'regular' ABDLs in having a not-terrible public image.
    Why is that? THe only reason I can see people hating on babyfurs more is because of stuff that has happened at cons but I still see literally no difference in abdls or babyfurs. Also I never meant it was accepted.

honestly you both might be right in some way if you want my opinion over it it would have to be yes people just really stopped caring and stopped hating, is that so hard to believe that people get tired of hating? I think not and in some way Babyfur's and *b/DL's have their similarities and differences but that does not mean one is in "line" for being more normal than the other, in heinsight i guess Haters will always hate, its what they do, yet i wouldn't be surpised if half or even a fourth of those haters were furries or *b/dl;s themselves, its really quite common do just "go with the flow" espcially if you have a friend or someone you know that hate's on them, Furries for example, there is the person at myschool who literaly wears a tail and ears to school... I dont confront him or talk to him, not that i have anythin against him its just im well scared ^^", but my friends who can CLEARLY see this person from the table we sit at, at lunch make fun of him and it really really sucks lol, anyways im off topic, where was i? Haters gonna hate, and all that jazz and that furry, babyfur, or *B/DL there will be a time where people just dont care enough to hate and point out people that are different

Cygnus

I just don't understand this concept of "hating."

Somebody tells me "Oh noes, ur a furfag yiff in hell" on the Internet. Is that what hate is? I am a furfag, I would gladly yiff, and hell is nice and warm. That seems more like a compliment than anything, really.

I guess it's difficult for me to be offended because I'm so secure and in so much love with this fandom. I don't care if anybody pokes fun at it because it's who I am and while they're watching some shit on television I'll be out hugging big, fluffy animal costumes and dancing my tail off.

They're just text on a screen. I can't quite comprehend why those pixels cut like a knife for some people.

I'm satisfied with my culture and my beliefs. If somebody has beliefs that differ from mine and wish them to be known, I'm more than happy to allow them to be. I'm a furry and extremely happy with my culture, if they wish to fight against that, they may. While they fight, I'm out having a good time with my fellow furfags.

I beg your pardon if this came across as an irrational rant, but I wanted to say what I said.

My thoughts on this would be: If one can't accept the world for what it holds, then that proves how ignorant they are.
    What makes me laugh is how people can justify their ignorance.

I'm not a furry by any means. I'd like to comment on how imaginative I think people who are into it are. The suits are designed incredibly well and into great deal. I wish I could make clothes that good. And the personas created, it's quite commendable on how much effort you all put into it. I really like some of the drawings and stuff too, really well done.

I dont get the hate. It's not like its bothering anyone and it's not like the people bothered and forced to look at it. People get too uptight sometimes. No one deserves any level of hate.

Im in the fandom I love to fursuit and make friends. Each to there own and im a šub but shy one but do not push that out there.
    So in time we get a postive out look on us.

Default Has the hate diminished a lot?

My experience in the fandom has been that, while a lot of people really don't get the baby aspect of babyfur, they tend to always stay really respectful, if not downright support. In person, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    My experience in the fandom has been that, while a lot of people really don't get the baby aspect of babyfur, they tend to always stay really respectful, if not downright support. In person, anyway
    Yup I love the fandom we are one mixture of all kinds so for the most part we get along well give or take the ones that cheat others we try to help one another..