Thread: Wow, what happened, guys?

Default Wow, what happened, guys?

I highly doubt most people would know me, after all, it's been... what... 3 years? 4? Longer?

ADISC was pretty much a defining saga of my life, years ago. The site, the groups of people I met and talked to had such an impact on me. It helped me cope with a difficult part of my life, and I genuinely loved this place.

It really was a community of awesome people. I remember that I would spend hours at a time, sometimes whole days just talking. Participating in discussions about everything from religion to how awesome a certain videogame or movie was. Thread Lazers, Teddy bears, stupid, stupid shit. But it was shit that helped us. After all, I think everyone who came here back in the day needed to be around people similar to them. Some of us were depressed. guilty. Had shitty home lifes, had no idea about our place in the world and just wanted others around to not make us feel like rejects or outcasts.

It was a real community, but as I've been lurking, I have to say that I'm dissapointed.

This isn't the place it once was. It's not a community anymore, it's filled with neckbeards and diaper-obsessed fetishists. It feels like returning to an old place from your childhood, with nothing but good memories, and seeing it run down, dilapidated and covered in graffiti.

I left here because I saw it coming. The infighting, the drama, the influx of creeps, and the upper management who treated this community as nothing more than an addition to their portfolio, as just another website for a client. People just didn't care for the community that was here, and now looking around all the old members of the community are silent, most of them moving on or just not caring anymore.

I know eventually people move on, we realise we don't need support for something that is a very minor part of our life. We move on, get jobs, raise families and become better people. But I hoped that this place would be the exact same wonderful place it was when I first discovered it, and it's not. Because the real people out there looking for someplace to belong is greeted by... this. All this shit. Not how I got greeted.

I'm dissapointed.

But thanks for the memories.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I know this won't last long. Whatever will be will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Ghost of ADISC's past, if you will.

I think I can't blame for for feeling any of this way. Lots of people have come and gone, two of the more prominent members were banned for varying reasons which were hardly if at all given a legitimate reason for. In the past three months it's become increasingly like the site I left to join adisc and I knew it was going to happen at some point, it always does in the AB/DL community.

Even the debates aren't nearly as fun or as thought provking. The diaper/AB/DL/whatever kink sections are echo cambers of the same topics, same posts by the same people.

Such as today. The "Diaperland" at Disneyland topic. Even if that was a joke its one of the more shitty ones I've ever heard, pun not intended. But given their name and avatar, I can't help but think they were most sincere.

I don't know the details of the Bannings and everything. That's not the issue. Frankly, if it's true, that's a good call.

But this place is essentially the exact opposite of what it used to be, and that's depressing to me. I had such good memories of this place, and it's chanced into essentially another fetishist site with no substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraiden View Post
    I don't know the details of the Bannings and everything. That's not the issue. Frankly, if it's true, that's a good call.

But this place is essentially the exact opposite of what it used to be, and that's depressing to me. I had such good memories of this place, and it's chanced into essentially another fetishist site with no substance.
    Fully agreeable. (I think all of adisc's mod's are viewing it now. so you certainly got their attention.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraiden View Post
    I highly doubt most people would know me, after all, it's been... what... 3 years? 4? Longer?

ADISC was pretty much a defining saga of my life, years ago. The site, the groups of people I met and talked to had such an impact on me. It helped me cope with a difficult part of my life, and I genuinely loved this place.

It really was a community of awesome people. I remember that I would spend hours at a time, sometimes whole days just talking. Participating in discussions about everything from religion to how awesome a certain videogame or movie was. Thread Lazers, Teddy bears, stupid, stupid shit. But it was shit that helped us. After all, I think everyone who came here back in the day needed to be around people similar to them. Some of us were depressed. guilty. Had shitty home lifes, had no idea about our place in the world and just wanted others around to not make us feel like rejects or outcasts.

It was a real community, but as I've been lurking, I have to say that I'm dissapointed.

This isn't the place it once was. It's not a community anymore, it's filled with neckbeards and diaper-obsessed fetishists. It feels like returning to an old place from your childhood, with nothing but good memories, and seeing it run down, dilapidated and covered in graffiti.

I left here because I saw it coming. The infighting, the drama, the influx of creeps, and the upper management who treated this community as nothing more than an addition to their portfolio, as just another website for a client. People just didn't care for the community that was here, and now looking around all the old members of the community are silent, most of them moving on or just not caring anymore.

I know eventually people move on, we realise we don't need support for something that is a very minor part of our life. We move on, get jobs, raise families and become better people. But I hoped that this place would be the exact same wonderful place it was when I first discovered it, and it's not. Because the real people out there looking for someplace to belong is greeted by... this. All this shit. Not how I got greeted.

I'm dissapointed.

But thanks for the memories.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I know this won't last long. Whatever will be will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Ghost of ADISC's past, if you will.
    I just looked at your post history. This is your first post since 2010, and your second post since you asked us to reactivate your account in 2009.

I'll be blunt. ADISC is not a friend-o-matic. We will not simply dispense instant friends for you.

If you want friends, if you want to be part of this community, you have to actually participate. You have to make the effort to talk to new people.

Every community has churn, people joining and leaving. Every community.

If you only make friends when you're new, you will find those friends eventually move on.

You need to keep making friends throughout your time in any community, in order to keep the community fun for you.

That requires posting. Interacting with people.

If you only check in once every 2-3 years, of course you can't be surprised if things change when you're not looking.

Also, no ragequits please. If you truly dislike this place, if there's really nothing keeping you here, then go.
    On the other hand, if you still have fond memories of this place, and genuinely want to be happy here, it is up to you to make the effort to talk to people.

If there's a specific reason why you aren't happy, let us (the staff) know, and we will do our best to fix it.
    But please, no ragequits. If you have a criticism to make, make it to the people who can fix it.
    If you're just missing friends, make new ones.
    If there is truly nothing keeping you here, and you don't care, just go.
    But whatever you do, make it constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I think I can't blame for for feeling any of this way. Lots of people have come and gone, two of the more prominent members were banned for varying reasons which were hardly if at all given a legitimate reason for. In the past three months it's become increasingly like the site I left to join adisc and I knew it was going to happen at some point, it always does in the AB/DL community.

Even the debates aren't nearly as fun or as thought provking. The diaper/AB/DL/whatever kink sections are echo cambers of the same topics, same posts by the same people.

Such as today. The "Diaperland" at Disneyland topic. Even if that was a joke its one of the more shitty ones I've ever heard, pun not intended. But given their name and avatar, I can't help but think they were most sincere.
    If you have specific suggestions for improving things, by all means, send them to the staff. We're always open to suggestions.