Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yet another "Bambinos are amazing" experience thread

Default yet another "Bambinos are amazing" experience thread

Hello! So a day or two ago, after a good five or so years of wanting them, I recently got my very first package of Bambino Belissimos. This being my first ever "grade A *B/DL" Diaper, I was pretty excited, but at the same time, pretty skeptical.

Being a person that is so used to her Depends, and remembering how you have to wet them in a certain way and a certain amount to prevent them from leaking, my mind was having a hard time believe how amazing these diapers were based on what I was told. So being the little mythbuster I was, I decided to put them to the test.

It was last night when I decided to tape myself into my first sample, and I was already taken back at how amazing the padding was; not only was it soft and comfortable, but it was thick! I struggled to try and look like a normal person when I was walking around.

Later that night I drank about two cups of orange juice, two water bottles, and one big cup of Pepsi. Being the paranoid person that I am, I was afraid I was gonna overdo it, and end up leaking my diaper. But amazingly to my surprise, after soaking it (whilist sitting down, too) not only did it absorb it all flawlessly, but it seemed that it was hardly even filled to its maximum capacity!

So over the night I ended up soaking it another two or so times before it finally began to feel full. Needless to say, I was super impressed with this diaper, its expectations blew me away. The only small complaint I had, and it might even be just me doing it wrong, is that over time as my diaper began to bulk up and feel heavy it also sort of felt like it was loosening its grip on me, and the diaper felt like it was trying to slip off. But other than that, this is definitely a diaper I know I will be coming back to!

Edit: Confound it, I could have sworn I posted this in the diaper thread... sorry about that :I

Nice! My diaper budget doesn't allow for Bambinos right now. Too many bills at the moment. Sometimes I hate being responsible!

It's cloth diaper stuffers and Depends for me- for the next few months...

Heh, but with great responsibility comes great privacy!
    While my funds are pretty lackluster at the moment as well, I only ordered the sample pack for now. I'm probably gonna wait till I get another job opportunity to get a big ol case. I'm sure even the small 16 pack of Bambinos could last a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by IttyBit View Post
    ...I recently got my very first package of Bambino Belissimos. This being my first ever "grade A *B/DL" Diaper, I was pretty excited, but at the same time, pretty skeptical.

Being a person that is so used to her Depends, and remembering how you have to wet them in a certain way and a certain amount to prevent them from leaking, my mind was having a hard time believe how amazing these diapers were based on what I was told. So being the little mythbuster I was, I decided to put them to the test. It was last night when I decided to tape myself into my first sample, and I was already taken back at how amazing the padding was; not only was it soft and comfortable, but it was thick! I struggled to try and look like a normal person when I was walking around...Being the paranoid person that I am, I was afraid I was gonna overdo it, and end up leaking my diaper. But amazingly to my surprise, after soaking it (whilist sitting down, too) not only did it absorb it all flawlessly, but it seemed that it was hardly even filled to its maximum capacity! ... I ended up soaking it another two or so times before it finally began to feel full. Needless to say, I was super impressed with this diaper, its expectations blew me away. The only small complaint I had, and it might even be just me doing it wrong, is that over time as my diaper began to bulk up and feel heavy it also sort of felt like it was loosening its grip on me, and the diaper felt like it was trying to slip off. But other than that, this is definitely a diaper I know I will be coming back to! ... Edit: Confound it, I could have sworn I posted this in the diaper thread... sorry about that :I
    I like your review! What I find interesting and cool is that you and I basically had the same experience and I think it's safe to say that the Bambies ARE REALLY AWESOME DIAPERS!!! ..but not perfect.

Here's MY breakdown of the Bambino Bellissimo diapers:

*Very well-made diapers and they are very consistent with quality and sizing. The sizes seem a little on the big side to me so I always buy size SMALL, as Mediums are pretty big for me, but I'm small anyways (5'9" 140lbs). So all in all, very well made!

*They look and feel like a regular baby diaper, for the most part. The only diaper that looks and feels more like a baby diaper are the ABU Super Dry Kids..but since this thread is about Bambinos, I'll stay on subject

*Male or Female, you can wet a single diaper MULTIPLE TIMES before you will feel uncomfortably wet. Some people wear them all night!

*Change your diapers less often with less discomfort in-between changes; which is a big bonus when you're all comfy and don't want to get up and change just for a teeny pee-pee!

*You stay much drier when you "over-wet" in them.

*The only thing I noticed, just as you did @IttyBit, is that these diapers will get very heavy with more than one "accident" and once they get heavy they do have a tendency to want to slip-off, but they put good tape on them. If you fasten your tapes well, that problem is fixed. Also, it's never good to sit in your wet diapers for TOO long, I know you likely learned about this .
    by now if you're here on the forums!

*This could be the only disposable diaper that is literally a challenge to leak..within reason of course. It's not like the "OOPS I CRAPPED MY PANTS" (lol, SNL) commercial, Haha!

*This diaper has the perfect amount of padding to give you that real nice "babyish" feel, but it's not too much so to be ridiculously bulky. Final words: Many ABs and DLs have enjoyed this diaper very much. You will have ample padding to absorb your accidents, they feel like baby diapers, they fit nicely, you can wear 'em for a long time, the company's staff is friendly, and these diapers look SO COOL on the outside (not like pharmacy diapers, blah), even the plain ones are cool but my fav. is the Teddy!

It's funny that this subject came up TODAY of all days, because I'm ordering some more fresh AB-style diapers tonight!

Belissimos were my first diaper and I absolutely loved them! Even soaked soggy and very heavy the tapes held, I waddling around not being able to put my legs together and I think they could have held more. They even held a mess exceptionally well, I changed soon after but when I took them off I realized they could have held more. They seemed to be endless! Also they were super comfortable and so cute too! I'm reluctant to try anything else because I loved them so much, but they are expensive.

I actually bought a case of them shortly after they came out because I had already used the Bambino Blanca and the Teddy's, one of my favorite diapers. The heaviness is a bet of an issue although I primarily wear to bed so that worked out well for me. I found that wearing my onesie over the diaper was a good way to keep things in place and greatly added to the experience.

My experience was pretty consistent with the others that I have seen posted here although I did have one issue. For me I had several of them burst or swell near the bursting point in the front. I seem no recall something about this on the website so I was warned. I have a hard time with this because getting the SAP all over was not as bad as a wet leak but it was still annoying as I had diaper stuff all over on more than one occasion when I woke up. I love the feel of the outer shell so making it heavier is probably a no go, but also the only likely solution. Sort of a diaper catch 22.

I will definitely buy them again, even with the problems I experienced.

I am 97% sure that I'm the only one who didn't appreciate the Bambino I got to try. Don't get me wrong, I adored the capacity that they offered, but they just didn't fit me right. I'm not some gargantuan girl, but I just couldn't get them tight enough. I actually used packing tape to do the job lol. I think it may be because I was/am used to the three tape Depends and the Bambino I had was only a two tape diaper. But I will say, holy capacity batman!

Yes, the Belissimos are really expensive and for someone who likes a fresh diaper, well, I'll stick to my favorites; Bambino Classico and ABU Super Dry Kids (I like to switch it up), among others I will try on a whim. The other diapers that Bambino makes are excellent, and while the Belissimo is obviously the top-shelf product there, I really love the Classico, and I don't really think it could be improved upon all that much; they make good diapers! The Mediums are a little on the big side for my 32 inch waist though, so I have been on a streak of wearing Super Dry Kids for the better size.

Also, if you're like me and you have a small waist (28-30 inches) and little bum, then you will find that XL sized baby diapers fit, and they're so much fun to wear! Extra Large Goodnites and the XL Pull-Ups fit me really well. Of course, they don't hold much, but they're just too cute to resist. At about $8-$10 for 20 diapers, I always keep some in my "stash"!

- - - Updated - - -

@TraumaChick:

DEF try ABUniverse Super Dry Kids if you want a diaper that actually fits, and doesn't make you look like a cartoon I'm also a fan of smaller diapers; I have a small frame myself but I can't imagine being any smaller and finding good diapers to wear. Like I said below in my other post, because they're small, I like to buy XL Pull-Ups (they're inexpensive too!) or Size 7 (sometimes they call them "XL" for the big kids, hehe) Pampers, Goodnites, DryNights, etc.., and definitely DEFINITELY try a Super Dry Kids..even the mediums are fairly small but the size small S.D. Kids are exactly like the diapers you wore as a child, and of course you get the same effect with XL "baby diapers" and it's just a nice feeling being in a diaper that you actually like the way it looks, feels, etc., certainly worth ordering or going to the grocery store

Quote Originally Posted by TraumaChick View Post
    I am 97% sure that I'm the only one who didn't appreciate the Bambino I got to try. Don't get me wrong, I adored the capacity that they offered, but they just didn't fit me right. I'm not some gargantuan girl, but I just couldn't get them tight enough. I actually used packing tape to do the job lol. I think it may be because I was/am used to the three tape Depends and the Bambino I had was only a two tape diaper. But I will say, holy capacity batman!
    I have grown so accustomed to bad fit that I often just ignore that factor. All of the Bambinos seem to have issues, the Teddy's and Belissimo's initially fit me ok but loosened a lot over time so the fit was not the best.

My favorite are definitely the ABU SDK's besides they are also super cute, but the Teddy's are ok for me as long as I have a onesie on.

Maybe it was because I didn't have a onesie on - I didn't think about that. I'll give the other ones you mentioned a go sometime. I'm working on getting a onesie just because any diaper tends to sag on me when I sleep, which is not helpful

Thanks for the tips!