Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protein Shake in Baby Bottle - Will it clog up?

Default Protein Shake in Baby Bottle - Will it clog up?

So because I can't cook food for next few days, I was going to give this protein shake a try and thought might as well drink them in a baby bottle. But I am a bit concerned if it will clog up the hole too quickly or sth...

Does anyone have experience with protein shake etc in baby bottle?

It will most certianly clog it. Try a sippy cup maybe or cut the bottle hole bigger.

Yep, you will need to cut a hole. Buy a few nipples in case you mess up-- you don't have to make and actual hole in the nipple, just cut a really small slit across the holes that are already there, then pinch it to see how big the opening will be when you suck on it. Start small and work up to what works.

BabyJayk

I have done this before. It will clog if you don't shake it/blend it very carefully.

I used one of the nuk bottles but I can't really assume you will have that available.

I took a really sharp knife and cut about half way between the holes and then connected the cuts in the center.
    Basically cutting a "Y" shape with one of the original holes at the end of each arm of the "Y" . This way when you suck on it the three flaps you just made open and you have a larger hole that is far more comfortable to drink through, and nearly impossible to clog.

Even simply lemonade will clog up a baby bottle, know from experience.

Now on the other hand it in a sippy cup works wonderful.

Hmm may be I should go for a sippy cup then... is there Sippy cup that I can use lying down or do they all leak because the holes are bigger?

Perriwinkle

I believe I heard somewhere that they make Baby bottles for baby cereal so maybe try one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Perriwinkle View Post
    I believe I heard somewhere that they make Baby bottles for baby cereal so maybe try one of those?
    There's no bottles for them, they are just nipples with a Y shaped hole in them.

Perriwinkle

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    There's no bottles for them, they are just nipples with a Y shaped hole in them.
    Yes there is. Sassy Baby Food Nurser (pink) - Best Price