Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for the not so tall/ big peoples

Default Question for the not so tall/ big peoples

When I go shopping for clothing, I find myself sometimes looking through the boys section, not thinking "ooh, maybe today it'll fit!"(God knows, it wont, EVAH), but seeing what colors, stripes, camo, and styles are going on. Then I move on to the MEN'S DEPT. My wardrobe is very casual; cargo shorts and T's or polos mostly, and some stuff overlaps both.

For example, I was eating lunch at a chik-fil-a and a small boy (maybe 3-4) came out of the play area dressed almost the same as me! I had to laugh a little. (hope his diaper was more dry than mine!)

If you are not too tall or big, will you shop in the kids area, or do you go for the more mature, adult sections.

Do you seek out a "younger" style that you know you can pull off because you are shorter and smaller?

I always did shop in the boys dept, up untill they got rid of the bigger boys sizes, they used to sell 16-18 and they fit me perfectly, then boys sizes started to decrease and barely go past 16.

So I had to buy mens size small which was always too big, the pants were OK in mens because they made smaller sizes, but i used to buy boys size 18 pants but they stopped makeing those also.

I do think they caught on that the smaller guys were saving lots of money buying in the boys dept. and did away with those sizes for just those reasons.

I never dress my age, I wear mostly what I think is comfortable, mainly Addias nylon track pants, T shirts, and sneakers, in winter, and shorts and a T shirt in summer.

yes yes yes well mostly in my shoes for i have very small feet and have a few pairs of Velcro shoes.. when i don't wear 'em i get someone else to tie my shoes lmao

but yeah i can fit into smaller clothes but my style is mostly skinny jeans and band T's

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    yes yes yes well mostly in my shoes for i have very small feet and have a few pairs of Velcro shoes.. when i don't wear 'em i get someone else to tie my shoes lmao

but yeah i can fit into smaller clothes but my style is mostly skinny jeans and band T's
    Lil Skater Gurl , huh?

haha well i don't like to stereotypes cause i can not skate at all!!

oh and being short gives me the advantage to get footy pj's at target!

I can't skate either, but I still rock the VANS!

and, yeah yeah, you and your footie pajamas *so jealous* GRR

actually i dont wear Vans im a Chuck Taylor girl ( for you noobs : converse)

I'm always wearing white cargo pants and a band t-shirt

I'm 5' 8" and have trouble buying pants that aren't too long, particularly jeans. I'm just not the gangsta' type, so I usually order jeans on line so I can get them 32 in the waste and 30 in the length. I sometimes get shorts in the boy's department and T's as well.

I shop in the boys section most of the time. You can still find some more mature clothes in the older boys sizes, but I like the younger looking ones

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    I always did shop in the boys dept, up untill they got rid of the bigger boys sizes, they used to sell 16-18 and they fit me perfectly, then boys sizes started to decrease and barely go past 16.
    Since when did they discontinue bigger sizes? What store do you shop at?