Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antidepressants and ABDL

Default Antidepressants and ABDL

I had been on the SSRI-type antidepressant Selexa (citolapram) because it was able to treat my kind of ADHD really well. The unfortunate thing is my sexuality just about flatlined when I took it and it just about squashed out my DL. I don't think the drug affected my AB side much, but because the DL was almost gone, my AB side was a little more visible and I indulged that side of me more. I have to go off of the antidepressant because my wife and I are trying to have a baby and ... uh... let me put the rest in the spoiler box:

Anyone on antidepressants want to share their experience?

I do want to clarify something: I was on the antidepressent only for the type of ADHD I have and I have not been formally diagnosed with depression or any non-neurological mental illness. If I had, then I would not go off of the medicine no matter the side affects and I would never condone anyone with depression to go off their meds without their doctor/psychiatrist's blessing.

When I am on anti depressions my sex drive is less then it is normally I have a low sex drive as it is but it becomes well I have no sex drive at all on the darn things and it does say in almost ALL of the paper work this could happen, I don't see how it would stop your DL side unless your DL side was only sexual/fetish I like my diapers just for the feeling safe and been little lazy at times hehe, so when I was on them I never really had to stop the DL thing, my shrink tried to push me back in to the DL thing under control so making sure it didn't become a adiction but was there to help me relax at nights and weekend she felt it was a good thing.

She also agreed medication for me was past helping so I don't have to take them anymore but cos I have moved from that area I no longer see her, I waiting to see a new person but I not sure they will see the DL thing as a way to relax as she was seeing it from a medial view but many people still see it from there view even tho the studies show it can help alot.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieABDL View Post
    Anyone on antidepressants want to share their experience?
    I've taken both prozac (fluoxetine) and zoloft (sertraline) for depression. I haven't heard of SSRIs being using for ADHD before, but I have heard of wellbutrin being used for it.

I know a lot of people are anti-antidepressant, and say that the medications make them feel emotionally numb. I didn't find that to be the case at all - if anything, it was the opposite. I didn't feel anything while depressed, and the SSRIs let me start feeling things again. My depression was also bad enough that any difference probably would have been an improvement. I see a therapist too, but I don't think that would have been enough on it's own for me.

My depression was bad enough and the SSRIs worked well enough that I the sexual side effects were tolerable. And they do get better for most people, like they did for me.

I didn't notice a decrease in my AB/DL desires, although I was still trying to fight them when I started SSRIs, so that's probably not a good indicator for anyone else.

Depression sucks. Sorry if this is a slight thread hijack since the original topic was SSRIs, but if anyone reading this is depressed, know that it gets better. I'm happy to answer any other questions about that too.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAcorn View Post
    My depression was bad enough and the SSRIs worked well enough that I the sexual side effects were tolerable. And they do get better for most people, like they did for me.
    Sorry but depression is a unknown imbalance and this is hard to fix I seen about 50 doc's so far about this matter in the last few years and ALL have said ant depressions is not the answer its a means to help until the problem can be stopped or helped, there are a mid point to help you there not a fix this is a fact sorry but I can't like a day to day life thanks to my depression, we please don't say it 'And they do get better for most people,' as this is NOT true, please view a site called No More Panic this will show you what I mean meds are there to help the therapist process if you have a doctor saying other then this then there just in for it for the money and would mostly be a private US doctor.

Sorry I really do have a strong view on this matter.

I was on Lexapro some time ago; it basically flat-lined my libido for about a month, but after that everything went back to normal (including the depression). The Lexapro also made me yawn uncontrollably, rather often. I'm not sure if that is a well-documented side-effect (although I know someone else who took it at the time who had the same problem), although I'm pretty sure that SSRIs and their interactions with sexual urges are pretty well-known.

I was told by my doc's that is a comment problem to most of the drugs and I was the same as you after a month or so of any drug they gave me my body just started to act like it was no longer there, depression back the lot, after many spells in A&E and the mental health unit for depression reason they removed me from any meds now I am off then other problems have relaxed but the depression is still about I guess its something we learn to deal with/live with or we try over come its not easy and there is no real way to judge others problems as ever depression is diff but hugs we all here to chat.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyOmutsu View Post
    Sorry but depression is a unknown imbalance and this is hard to fix I seen about 50 doc's so far about this matter in the last few years and ALL have said ant depressions is not the answer its a means to help until the problem can be stopped or helped, there are a mid point to help you there not a fix this is a fact sorry but I can't like a day to day life thanks to my depression, we please don't say it 'And they do get better for most people,' as this is NOT true, please view a site called No More Panic this will show you what I mean meds are there to help the therapist process if you have a doctor saying other then this then there just in for it for the money and would mostly be a private US doctor.

Sorry I really do have a strong view on this matter.
    Sure, I'd agree that antidepressants aren't for everyone. But I think there have been plenty of studies that suggest that a combination of medication and therapy is better than either one alone. Seeing someone to talk about the issues that caused the depression or the various things going on in life is important too. Maybe I would have gotten better with just therapy, but I think it happened a lot faster with the medication and therapy.

Regarding my 'And they do get better for most people' comment. That was what my doctor told me about the sexual side effects. I don't have any experience with this other than myself since I'm not a doctor. My point was that if the sexual side effects are bad to start with it is possible they may diminish. It's certainly not guaranteed, and it took a while for them to diminish for me, but it's possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by whitefox View Post
    The Lexapro also made me yawn uncontrollably, rather often. I'm not sure if that is a well-documented side-effect (although I know someone else who took it at the time who had the same problem).
    The same thing happened with me and yawning - it was pretty strange, but tapered off. I think that even comes up in an episode of House.
    Last edited by LittleAcorn; 01-Nov-2012 at 00:30. Reason: add "and therapy" to the end of my first paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAcorn View Post
    Sure, I'd agree that antidepressants aren't for everyone. But I think there have been plenty of studies that suggest that a combination of medication and therapy is better than either one alone. Seeing someone to talk about the issues that caused the depression or the various things going on in life is important too. Maybe I would have gotten better with just therapy, but I think it happened a lot faster with the medication and therapy.

Regarding my 'And they do get better for most people' comment. That was what my doctor told me about the sexual side effects. I don't have any experience with this other than myself since I'm not a doctor. My point was that if the sexual side effects are bad to start with it is possible they may diminish. It's certainly not guaranteed, and it took a while for them to diminish for me, but it's possible.

- - - Updated - - -

The same thing happened with me and yawning - it was pretty strange, but tapered off. I think that even comes up in an episode of House.
    Thanks for clearing that up, sorry if I seemed to be having a go like I said I find this topic very strongly, hugs sorry

Quote Originally Posted by NickyOmutsu View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, sorry if I seemed to be having a go like I said I find this topic very strongly, hugs sorry
    No worries - I mostly wanted there to be one more positive post about antidepressants since there are lots of negative posts I found about them when searching, and in the right circumstances I think they can help.

Antidepressants are tricky and it takes a few tries to know that you're on the right one. I have been on quite a few of them, but not for very long. I think that they can help 100% But, there has to be an expiration date if you know what i mean- you need to have a timeframe that speculates on when you will fully be off them. I think that it you take them knowing their risks and you outweigh those risks with what you want out of them, then the drugs are fine. But to use antidepressants as a permant solution, will not solve any problems. I do not recommend going on any psychological drugs (other than the fun ones) without having counciling sessions along side them.

I would like to Stress that all antidepressants have withdrawal effects and that Everyone who takes them should be aware of that period and it's severity.

that being said, I was on an antidepressant a while ago and that was when I was also with my girlfriend. I don't want to get into too much detail but lets just say, everything down there worked but I could not finish...which was great for her, but pretty annoying for me. We didn't do any abdl stuff, but when I did it on my own, it was ok, the sexual aspect didn't seem to be there though, which is weird because this is 90% a fetish for me, but I still enjoyed myself.

No one can tell you a truth about antidepressants because their effects vastly vary from person to person but I can tell you that the warnings on the back are no joke and you should not put anything into your body unless you know it's possible effects- and those effects should be stressed by your medical provider.