Thread: Good excuse if you are discovered

Default Good excuse if you are discovered

This won't work if your under 18 and its your parents, but I just had an experience of incontinence from a anti psychotic called zyprexa. Its sometimes prescribed for depression. If you are discovered just say you are having issues with incontinence because of an anti depressant, and it should go away when the med is completely out of your system.

PS being truly incontinent really sucks. I had to wait two weeks to see my doctor to switch to something else and another week before it went away. Don't run out and try to get prescribed zyprexa either. This side effect occurs in about .5% of the people that take it.

HumanBeing

Quote Originally Posted by funny View Post
    This won't work if your under 18 and its your parents, but I just had an experience of incontinence from a anti psychotic called zyprexa. Its sometimes prescribed for depression. If you are discovered just say you are having issues with incontinence because of an anti depressant, and it should go away when the med is completely out of your system.

PS being truly incontinent really sucks. I had to wait two weeks to see my doctor to switch to something else and another week before it went away. Don't run out and try to get prescribed zyprexa either. This side effect occurs in about .5% of the people that take it.
    I think sayng you are having issues with incontinence because of an medication you're on, and it should go away when the med is completely out of your system.

Saying you're on anti depressents could cause people to unneccessarily panic/worry about you, attract unnecessary/awkward questions (saying med in general gives you a wider choice of exscuses if someone asks) or even slight bullying depending on who you tell.

If it is a known issue with the medication then fine, but I really don't think you should lie about side effects of medication you're taking.

If your lying about taking the medication all together then you're opening the opportunity for 1000 and 1 questions about other things! Plus, most parents of under 18s would know what medication their child is taking!

Hmm, mental illness or incontinence, which has the bigger stigma. . . I think (thought I am bladder inco) I'd stick with 'health issues' as an excuse, or even better, 'it's private' which has the advantage of being true for inco folk and dls alike.