Thread: Looking for a new diaper to try any suggestions?

BrandenTheDLBW

Default Looking for a new diaper to try any suggestions?

Hi, I was just curious I have been wetting the bed forever and it's just something I will do according to the doctor nothing can really be done so I usually wear goodnites sometimes depends max (which I am unhappy with) I was wondering if there are diapers out there that are like the goodnites I don't care if there baby like or not as long as they hold most of my pee because I have tried some ab diapers and they arnt absorbent at all and the crinkling of he depends (which I like) is to loud my parents don't want to hear my diaper so I am looking for a disposible diaper or pull up idc that's bigger than goodnites but not crinkly lol ask me any questions thanks

I like the Abena and Molicare diapers for my sleep wetting. I prefer actual diaper stile of diapers as it is a little easier to get a good fit with some practice. There are a variety of absorbencies so you should be able I find something that works well for you.

Keep in mind that diapers/pull-ups are pretty subjective. Heavy wetters will need something entirely different than light wetters. If you have several full voids then there is an even more limited selection. Also your body makes a big difference because different diapers and pull-ups will fit differently on every person. For me one of the most frustrating things is to buy a case of diapers based on what was on the label or on what others have said, only ti find out that the expectation was completely wrong.

So there are a few rules for getting it all right. If you choose pull-ups you are best to stay within the middle range of sizes. This is also true of diapers but there is often some overlap. I personally wear the Abena L4 which is a large and I am on the bottom of the range. A M4 fits and I would prefer them but I also tend o leak in them more. I have also tried some diapers where I was literally swimming in the large size and consequently never get a good fit and it leaked.

Pull-ups are easy but getting diapers right takes a little practice. Even for me after diapering myself for years it usually takes 2 or 3 diapering a with a new diaper to figure out the best way to position it on me and where to tape it.

The rest comes down to the absorbency you need and how thick or thin you want your diaper. For me I tend to go with thick and very absorbent although for going out I prefer a little thinner as long as it is not going to leak.

If you are small enough there are a bunch of juvenile or youth diapers and pull-ups that may work well. If you know your size and how heavily you wet it will help others to give more specific advice.

BrandenTheDLBW

I have a 32" waist I can still squeeze into a 4t- 5t pull up but since they have the easy tear away sides that comes done after like 2 hours and I fit into the pampers cruisers size 6 so I would say that's the smallest I can go with stretchy sides so I would say the size 7 would still fit comfortably right now I wear goodnites L-XL and depends max I think small but I don't like them very much they don't fit in between my legs right so they leak so I think I am leaning towards a new tape diaper then pull ups I know I liked the tranquility atn I could wear that to bed and most likely half a day I have always wore goodnites and cruisers but I pretty much out grew the size 6 and you can't buy size 7 in the stores but I usually fill my goodnites up during the night

I think you might also like the Attends Waistband style or Breathables in medium. I have used the waistaband style with plastic pants and worked well

for me. I'm sort of a heavy wetter at night. They are plastic backed with 3 tapes. They are also crinkly.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandenTheDLBW View Post
    I have a 32" waist I can still squeeze into a 4t- 5t pull up but since they have the easy tear away sides that comes done after like 2 hours and I fit into the pampers cruisers size 6 so I would say that's the smallest I can go with stretchy sides so I would say the size 7 would still fit comfortably right now I wear goodnites L-XL and depends max I think small but I don't like them very much they don't fit in between my legs right so they leak so I think I am leaning towards a new tape diaper then pull ups I know I liked the tranquility atn I could wear that to bed and most likely half a day I have always wore goodnites and cruisers but I pretty much out grew the size 6 and you can't buy size 7 in the stores but I usually fill my goodnites up during the night
    If you can wear a Tranquility ATN all night and half the next day you don't need too much absorbency. These are fairly good diapers and there are definitely a lot better out there.

One of the problems with wearing the smaller baby diapers and pull-ups, even though they will fit you, is that they are highly likely to leak because they just don't have the coverage or absorbency.

I would look at the Attends as a good option, or some of the less absorbent Abena diapers (unless it want something you can wear all night and half the next day.