Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really want a plushie

Default Really want a plushie

I uses to love plushies when I was growing up, I had a bunch. I saves all of them, gave a few of the ones I didn't care about so much to my boyfriends kid, and the rest are boxed up at my moms house. I'd really love one to cuddle at night when I go to bed before my bf, but he doesn't really get the whole abdl thing. He knows I like diapers, but he doesn't really know the full scope of it, and he doesn't know that I've been secretly sleeping with a pacifier for a month. But a plushie is much harder to hide than a pacifier. Also I can't exactly go get one from my parents house so I would have to buy one. Just not sure how to approach this whole thing? I have only begun to explore my abdl side and I want my boyfriend to be supportive but I also don't want him to deal with anything he might be uncomfortable with. I hide my diapers and my paci. As far as he knows its just a strange fetish but not one I actively explore. Any advice?

Why not go to store and look for one there. You could probably find something you'll enjoy. If your boyfriend asks just tell him it helps you to relax and unwind for bed.

In the long run, you could always try and get him to win you a plushy at a fair, or park or something. After that, it doesn't make a difference, it has sentimental value and girls can get away with that kind of thing, and cuddling it. You could probably just go to your house though, come back with one of your plushies, and say you had been rummaging through your stuff and you saw it, and it made you remember when.... so you decided to bring it back with you. At which point, you can then pull the cutsie girl card and cuddle with it without question, and probably adoring looks/comments from your boyfriend.

If you happen to come across any of my other posts/threads (regarding plushies) then you'll probably know my response. Anyway, I'd say definitely go out and get yourself one. They'll fill you with a warmth, happiness, and satisfaction that's so deep to your core, very few other things in life will even come close. While your BF knows about your ABDL side, there are plenty of non-ABDLs who have plushies and they're innocent enough for the most part that having them around should raise little to no questions/concerns. Personally, while my plushies certainly help me regress and feel little, I love having them around just as much for non-ABDL reasons as well. I'd say start with a character you like (maybe Lion King or a Looney Toons or just ANY character you like). What first got me started getting back into plushies (I had stuffed animals when I was younger, but kind of lost interest in them, but within the past few months I've gotten way into them again) was I got a Jake the Dog plush because I love Adventure Time. Then once I got him, I started realizing what it was I like in a plushie (big eyes, soft, and big enough to at least be able to wrap my arms around) so now I know exactly what to look for when I'm on the hunt for a new plush friend.

I think a plushie is actually something that you could get away with, plenty of adults have them and sleep with them and they're not AB/DLs. PErhaps because your boyfriend does know about you being an AB/DL it may be a bit harder to get away with it but the idea of grown up sleeping with a plushie is way more common than a lot of people think it is.

I can't even imagine a home without plushies! Yes! Go get one! Go get seventy! Give a lonely stuffed friend a special new home.

A plushie is actually a pretty benign thing that a lot of people have and they are very easy for others to accept. In my case my ex was completely accepting of my plushies, even bought me more while we were together.

Since he is your boyfriend I would not actually go out and but the plushie myself, I would actually take a different approach that might also help him to understand your little side. I would actually go shopping with him, come up with something that you need as an excuse, then take him to a mall. If you go to a mall that has a Build A Bear or something similar it is best. If you end up in a variety shop your destination will be the toy department.

At the mall or the store find the item you were there to get, your excuse. Then head off to window shop, until you get to the Build A Bear, toy store or toy department. Play a little as you look, the hope being that you will draw your BF into the play. Once you get to the plushie you are most interested in grab it, hug it, get all excited and then ask him if you can get him. Chances are that if he really cares for you that it will be a go.

Then don't forget to show gratitude when you hug on the plushie in his presence by telling him thank you.

The idea is that if he has a role in the acquisition of the plushie he will definitely be much more accepting.

If you end up having to get one on your own I would just treat it like the diapers and pacifier, although if he discovers it there should be less of a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bearhardt View Post
    I can't even imagine a home without plushies! Yes! Go get one! Go get seventy! Give a lonely stuffed friend a special new home.
    Yea, me too. How can home be home without a plushie, or two , or fifty?

I have lots of plushies in my house. I don't know how to not have them around. LOL I got rid of all the ones from when I was real young, but I got some cool new ones anyway. You shouldn't be embarrassed to have a plushie, i know plenty of people that still do. They're great and fun. My dad (who's in his 60's) eyes my big fluffy plush bear and so I'm going to get him one for Christmas (they're 10 bucks at wally world!)

I really hate the stigma of what is acceptable for an adult to do and what is acceptable for a child to do. Adults shouldn't play with toys, hug plushies, show deep emotion, color, or anything related to that. But if it brings you happiness, it shouldn't matter!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearhardt View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post
    Yea, me too. How can home be home without a plushie, or two , or fifty?
    I definitely third this. I don't know why it's taken me so long to figure out (or more so, relearn) how great it is having them around. Since I started expanding my plush family a few months ago, I've been hooked and probably will be for the rest of my life. I can't imagine the feeling I get from clutching Simba to my chest as I drift off ever getting old .

Quote Originally Posted by XxThisGuyxX View Post
    I definitely third this. I don't know why it's taken me so long to figure out (or more so, relearn) how great it is having them around. Since I started expanding my plush family a few months ago, I've been hooked and probably will be for the rest of my life. I can't imagine the feeling I get from clutching Simba to my chest as I drift off ever getting old .
    It has never gotten old for me and I can honestly say that I have a harder time sleeping or falling I sleep without them. When I am really stressed or having a hard time catching a quick hug or even a little snuggle often helps a bunch.