Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yikes, caught while buying.

Default Yikes, caught while buying.

I was at Walmart last Friday and got caught buying by a friend from school. He is not that close of a friend, but we have had a few classes together and we even have hung out a few times outside of class. I was buying goodnites and pull ups flushable wipes (and beer, which adds a whole new dimension because he is anti-alcohol, but that I don't really care about). I never really thought about being caught at the store, then boom I'm standing in line and he walks right up behind me and gets in line too and even says hello. I was so scared that I didn't use the $2 off coupon I have been saving and my whole body went numb. Normally we would have talked a little, but neither of us said anything except hello.

What do you think was going threw his head to see a college kid buying goodnites and toddler wipes? Do you think things will be awkward when if I see him in school in the near future? Has this happened to anyone else?

It will probably never come up...and if it does just say you were picking something up for someone else. I'm sure it will all work out fine!

He doesn't know they were for you, so I wouldn't worry to much about it. For all he knows you have a little brother or cousin or something. He probably thought nothing of it.

Being an AB/DL, you are more sensitive to diapers so you think everyone around you knows your secret. You become more paranoid.

An important lesson in life, very important while buying diapers, is to keep your cool. I've had near misses and even encounters with friends from school in line at the supermarket buying diapers. Usually I buy Goodnites so if someone comes up to me, before my blood runs cold, I remind myself that the person talking to me probably has no idea *B/DL's even exist and the thought of me being in a diaper is probably the last thing on their mind and I don't say anything. It's safely assumed that, unless they ask directly, they assumed that you had a legit reason. I have a young brother at home, so I use that as the ass-covering (Haha, double-entendre.. bah dum tss.) if someone asks.

He's going to think you were buying them for someone you know...Perhaps a girl you're dating who's kid just had an accident? Meh, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

For future reference you can think up a few plausable excuses for the next time you run into someone you know.

Hard to say what he will be thinking because it depends on so many factors. The most logical assumption is that you were getting them for a kid, brother, cousin or someone else. If he has personal experience, like he still wets the bed or was a late bed wetter, he might well wonder if you still wet the bed.

Then there is the beer connection. He could well assume that you were buying them because you were planning to drink and that you must have a problem associated with the drinking.

I would say that it is unlikely that he will ever say anything, especially if he is understanding or just assumed they were for someone else. He will also realize, regardless of what he was thinking, that there is a chance they were for someone else so why would he risk insulting you. He didn't say anything in the store and he will never say a word, unless you bring it up or he sees you in a diaper for some reason.

Do you live on campus or do you live at home and commute? If it is the former then it may be a bit weird but perhaps pass it off as part of a Halloween costume if he presses, if it is the latter then just say you have a sibling/cousin/kid of a friend of the family who needs them and you were out picking them up as a favour. Yes he may have noticed but it isn't like he really gains anything from mentioning it to others so I doubt he'd tell anyone.

Scootalooo

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    I was at Walmart last Friday and got caught buying by a friend from school. He is not that close of a friend, but we have had a few classes together and we even have hung out a few times outside of class. I was buying goodnites and pull ups flushable wipes (and beer, which adds a whole new dimension because he is anti-alcohol, but that I don't really care about). I never really thought about being caught at the store, then boom I'm standing in line and he walks right up behind me and gets in line too and even says hello. I was so scared that I didn't use the $2 off coupon I have been saving and my whole body went numb. Normally we would have talked a little, but neither of us said anything except hello.

What do you think was going threw his head to see a college kid buying goodnites and toddler wipes? Do you think things will be awkward when if I see him in school in the near future? Has this happened to anyone else?
    I know excatly how you feel, that happend to me before so your not on your own there.

I was caught buying diapers by a school friend, he did ask why and I just told him that I'd rather keep it to myself and he never asked again

Supersam1223

Default Yikes, caught while buying.

I wouldn't worry yourself. I doubt that he'll think that they're anything to do with you personally and that you're running an errand. Even if he does reach the conclusion that they are for you, he will likely assume that they are for bedwetting, and he'll not likely bring that up, seeing as he seems to be fairly mature from what you have written about him.
    Last edited by Near; 31-Oct-2012 at 02:05. Reason: Removed reply to deleted post