Thread: My family

Default My family

I have been a bed wetter for years i still wet at night sometimes i wear an adult diaper at night part of my family knows this and my grandmom and mom don't approve of it my grandmom has gone as far as saying that she would never date a guy that wears diapers at night stuff like that really hurts me

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    I have been a bed wetter for years i still wet at night sometimes i wear an adult diaper at night part of my family knows this and my grandmom and mom don't approve of it my grandmom has gone as far as saying that she would never date a guy that wears diapers at night stuff like that really hurts me
    Dude really don't listen to her many people with people like that marry have kids and have great jobs don't listen to her as for one why would you care what she would do with a guy ? why would anyone care what there grandmar as to say about the matter we wont be dating them

Bed wetting as been a problem for 100.000's of people and there not all single that for sure, diapers mean dry bed I sure a woman would respect that over you pissing all over her bed really don't you think? Bed wetting is a known problem and for some NEVER goes away.

Hugs you have friends here just remember there is nothing wrong with your it happens just don't listen to them there trying to bully you what is not on.

I'm married, and a bedwetter. I wear a diaper every night because of the bedwetting. My wife loves me for who I am, not what I wear and you will find someone similar as well.

The year is 2012. They should know that there are people who can't keep their bed dry no matter how hard they try, and to be ignorant of that and make that comment is extremely upsetting. Don't broach the subject ever again and tell them that If they ever broach it again, I'd be supporting you 100% if you ever got the [anatomical references deleted] to say this:

"If I can't convince you after years of having this problem that it is way beyond my control no matter how hard I've tried than do me one big favor: please never talk to me about my problem again." If you get any response like "You are in no position to talk to me or your grandma like that young man, I suggest you show respect if you want to stay here," then say, "Even if I cussed you out, what you said about you never dating anyone with my kind of problem goes way beyond what I've ever said to you. And if you are going to kick me out because I stand up for myself over something that is beyond my control, and refuse to believe that this is a medical condition, than you never really gave me a good place to stay in the first place."

If they kick you out (assuming you still live with them) than let every one of their friends know why. They will be the only 2 out of 2000 who will not be on your side. All of us are on your side. Anyone with half of an open mind would stand behind you. And as far as that dating comment: 1) This may be a little bit biggotted against older people and I don't know your grandma's age, but one would think if your grandma was dating people in her age range today, it's easy to think her standards would be a little tough. 2) When your grandma was your age, people of mixed races never got dates. If there is anything good about today's generations it's tollerence of people over things beyond their control.

I am probably going a little extreme on a rant, but if they have nothing kind or understanding to say about your issue, just ask them, kindly and understandingly, to please avoid the subject.

I think those who refuse to date you over a diaper are closed minded. Would they rather wake up in a wet bed? I wouldn't want to sleep with a bed wetter but if they are diapered, I would sleep in the same bed with them. If someone refused to handle their bed wetting issue, of course I wouldn't sleep in the same bed with them. It wouldn't be because they wet the bed, it be because they don't take care of it.
    Last edited by Calico; 30-Oct-2012 at 05:02.

I've met many people on this site that are married or have a girlfriend & are bedwetters. It's gonna sound corny, but it matters more about what type of person you are. It means more to me to be in a relationship with someone that's nice. If they have a minor medical problem, so what.

I can offer my support as well. I've been with my partner for 10 years next month and I, too, am a bedwetter. Im not proud of it but sometimes it just happens. That doesn't change what kind of person I am and it doesn't change you either.

It just changes your sheets... From time to time >.>

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    I can really relate because my parents punished and humiliated me for wetting the bed.

There are a lot of adults and especially older people that believe bed wetting is a choice and that as a behavior it must be curbed. Couple with this the fact that many parents resort to tactics of guilt and shame to potty train children and this often spills over to bed wetters.

The problem is that if a child is treated this way, he grows up to use the same tools on his children. Then the cycle continues.

You know that the wetting is something that you can not control and there are a certain number of people that never outgrow the wetting. Most go on to have perfectly normal and happy lives.

So lets use some logic to see if your grandmother is even making any sense. She claims that she would never date a guy that wears diapers. Ok, that is her choice but would she date a guy that was less responsible and didn't wear a diaper for a bed wetting problem? She would put a diaper on a baby that had no control but the question is why. Would it be because leaving the baby without a diaper on will lead to a mess? So what is the difference between a baby and a young adult that still wets? In both cases leaving the person without a diaper will lead to a mess.

The misconception is that diapers are only for babies. Obviously this is not true because we don't diaper a baby because he is a baby, we diaper a baby because he has no continence (control). So this means that diapers are not for babies, they are for people who have no control.

Do not let what your grandmother said get you down. Every single person on this earth has there challenges and for some the challenge is compassion and sensitivity. She is likely either acting on her emotions and literally not thinking through what she is saying, or she is oblivious to the fact that the bed wetting is not by choice. Ether way she doesn't get it. So don't let her label affect how you feel inside. Remember that you are an amazing person, loving, caring, intelligent and that you have some amazing things that you will accomplish in your life.