Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Told my uncle the other day....biggest mistake I could ever make

Default Told my uncle the other day....biggest mistake I could ever make

So the other day I was on FB and I told him (though I certainly did not mean to). He was alternating between laughing, and harassing me. Saying things like "we should have you talk about AB Syndrome on the radio" and putting heavy emphasis on messing which I would probably do maybe once to experience the feeling but like most I hate the idea of the extra cleanup. So I would definitely wet more, but he wouldn't take it. Then today I started a conversation with baby talk (and trust me the baby talk that I sometimes do actually has NOTHING to do with being an AB) and he said he thought my AB Syndrome was getting worse and I told him the baby talk had nothing to do with being an AB. I'm still having to beg him to drop the subject when we talk.......I've goofed big time. End of story.

Sorry to hear that, sadly some people act like that when they have no idea what to think of it, been open is not easy and I think you was brave telling him, hugs.

He might be the "jerky uncle who teases everybody no matter how they feel but really doesn't mean any harm just expects them to laugh with" type uncle.

Kindly remind him that it is not a syndrome any more than gay is a syndrome.

Yea not a good thing but not that the cat is out of the bag all you can do is to do a little damage cleanup.

You know your uncle better than any of us so some of this may or may not work. You also know exactly what you said, so this will also affect how you proceed. So here are a couple of random thoughts that might help:

If you feel there is a possibility that you can go back on your words and just tell him that you were screwing with him it might work.

You could also consider teasing yourself when you interact with him again. Regardless do not react to anything he says or does. These are highly effective methods in dealing with others that have bullying tendencies.

There is a small chance that he is over compensating for something else. Maybe he has similar interests and he is simply trying to figure out if you had discovered him, or trying to make it look like he is anti AB. While this is likely not the case I would still consider it to be a possibility. If this is the case he is more likely to drop the subject after a day or two.

Whatever you do it is best to not react, not get mad and to remain kind and composed. If he is looking to get a reaction out of you and he doesn't he will soon tire of using you as a toy. Kind of like the childhood bulky that teases other kids. For example, in my case they would point out that my ears stuck out, but if I started joking about how my own ears stuck out the teasing was all of a sudden no longer an issue.

Well he did say "our" AB syndrome at one point but I doubt he meant it, and when he mentioned messing himself during a family party at a restaurant I think it was just a derogatory comment to prevent me doing the same (Especially considering he never goes to those!) And he joked around about his co-host being an AB. I kind of would like to give said co-host a paci with Cookie Monster on it, but the emphasis would be on Cookie Monster not the paci (because I CALL her Cookie Monster which comes from her radio name, Cookie J). Sadly I know I can never send her said gift as I have never personally met her and know she would never give me her physical address. It would be SO nice if I could send it though.

So I take it that your uncle is a radio personality, sort of the "shock jock" type.

I don't know. I get into strange moods, and then I just revert....but thank goodness I only do it with people I know exceptionally will.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean well! lol

Quote Originally Posted by memorychick View Post
    I don't know. I get into strange moods, and then I just revert....but thank goodness I only do it with people I know exceptionally will.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean well! lol
    Fortunately it's all good as long as you can live with the consequences.