Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Public Urination

Default Public Urination

Prior to having interstitial cystitis and needing to pee every 5-10 minutes I was a competitive marathon runner. Now I am back running... but I have to pee constantly. I usually duck behind a tree. What if someone sees me. What are the legal ramifications. My anxiety is getting to me.

LilPrincessJessica

Ask before the race about it?

Some places are more up tight than others. Certain places that are more residential are less tolerant of that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    Prior to having interstitial cystitis and needing to pee every 5-10 minutes I was a competitive marathon runner. Now I am back running... but I have to pee constantly. I usually duck behind a tree. What if someone sees me. What are the legal ramifications. My anxiety is getting to me.
    It completely depends on the community but most have public urination and public indecency laws that apply and are often enforced. You could face ticketing or even jail time.

I would be looking for some sort of assistive device here. A diaper is unlikely to be useful and will be obvious. But is there another way to adapt so that you can continue running?

It depends on your local laws. In the UK, if you're caught you can end up on the sex-offenders register for indecent exposure. Why not just wear a diaper?

diapers and running don't mix. I looked at laws online. It seems that as long as I make an obvious effort to conceal myself and am desperate I am ok. I am just not used to suburbia. When I lived out in a rural area it was nice.

Like downtide said, you can end up on the sex offender's list. Like, if you're ducking out behind a tree and there happens to be kids around and a cop sees and busts you, you could end up on the sex offender list. I'd say go diapered or make sure there are plenty of bath rooms along the route.

You could use a condom catheter with a short hose to avoid exposing your self.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    You could use a condom catheter with a short hose to avoid exposing your self.
    Perfect. Or I can make a small funnel/urinal type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    Perfect. Or I can make a small funnel/urinal type thing.
    Yea, either are really old ideas. Just make sure the tube remains concealed and is not in a location that will cause a friction related injury.